All Remote Learning for Columbus City Schools High School Students

It's called coordination. And BS. They do whatever they want whenever they want. So, we are helpless and just have to ride it out. BS

1595602541858.png

Running Man 101: So what is happening in places like the Rio Grande Valley? How do you account for that? Please show me the statistics that show how often a single hospital is at 130% of ICU capacity. Then show me how many times a complete state has that happen. Then show me how often refrigerated trailers are used to store dead bodies.

As a nation, we are well below the epidemic level (as defined by the CDC).

I actually agree with most of the mask mandates right now. We can keep them in place for 2-4 weeks and we will likely see it has very little to no impact of spreading, then we can stop with the mask nonsense.

psycho_dad: I am not saying there are not issues in some places. Much of the recent stuff appears to be related to migrate workers returning to the US to work. We cannot shut the country down again for this. Based on everything I knew at the time, it was the right thing to do in March. It no longer is even remotely close to the right thing.

There are protocols and drugs in place to help those in danger.

1595618295665.png

Data is very nice. The US is handling it soooo much worse than Europe, right?

EU population is 445 million (0.039%), US is 331 million (0.037%).

1595629784727.png

psycho_dad:

Here is the information you are looking for, it has been used around the world to treat covid-19.

"COVID is very real. But if we treat it early and the right way, it's nothing to fear. I saw early use of zinc, hydroxychloroquine, and azithromycin result in an over 99% survival rate in my COVID patients. Don't let professional scaremongers dictate the narrative."
The treatment Zelenko is talking about has become known as The Zelenko Protocol, which leads to a 100% survival rate in low-risk patients and a 99.3% survival rate in high-risk patients. What's a high-risk patient? Zelenko says anyone age 60+ with symptoms and those under 60 with comorbidities or shortness of breath.

The protocol's success comes from treating on clinical suspicion, which means not waiting for test results. If a high-risk person presents with symptoms, start the protocol right away so the infection doesn't have time to get a strong foothold.

And what is the protocol? It's a low-cost (usually $20) prescription.
  • Hydroxychloroquine 200mg 2x/daily for 5 days
  • Zinc sulfate 220mg 1x/daily for 5 days
  • Azithromycin 500mg 1x/daily for 5 days
Another tool gaining attention is using a nebulizer for inhaling the corticosteroid Budesonide. Normally used for treating asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, Budesonide inhaled through a nebulizer combined with zinc has produced a 100% Covid recovery rate for patients of Dr. Richard Bartlett of Midland, Texas. At least one hospital has cleared its ICU of Covid patients by using Bartlett's protocol.

Bartlett wrote that he chose Budesonide over other corticosteroids because "it appears to block most of the cytokine storm inflammatory chemicals that Covid-19 triggers." He also says, "100% of [his] patients appear to be symptom-free following a course of inhaled Budesonide therapy." Bartlett has published a Case Study Report for people to review.

So a couple weeks ago we had the "sure cases are going up but not deaths, so things are OK." At the time it was mentioned that the 3-5 week lag between an infection being reported and a death being reported might give an inaccurate view of what is going on. Here are the case and death graphs for the big three states (Arizona, Texas and Florida). As I said then, the "death rate" that was declining was the ratio of deaths to confirmed cases. That rate was going down because the number of cases was soaring and deaths have significant time lag. But now we know that rising numbers of cases is going to lead to rising numbers of deaths.
ArizonaCases.jpg

ArizonaDeaths.jpg

TexasCases.jpg

TexasDeaths.jpg

FloridaCases.jpg

FloridaDeaths.jpg

I think most of us actually would prefer not to be stuck in the current situation for the next couple of years. So let's maybe see if we can try something that gets us out of it. Because half of us acting like there is a virus and half of us acting like there isn't a virus is not working.

Someone else posted this, but it is very close to how I feel at this point. What I thought the plan was from day 1.

So a couple weeks ago we had the "sure cases are going up but not deaths, so things are OK." At the time it was mentioned that the 3-5 week lag between an infection being reported and a death being reported might give an inaccurate view of what is going on. Here are the case and death graphs for the big three states (Arizona, Texas and Florida). As I said then, the "death rate" that was declining was the ratio of deaths to confirmed cases. That rate was going down because the number of cases was soaring and deaths have significant time lag. But now we know that rising numbers of cases is going to lead to rising numbers of deaths.
View attachment 8656
View attachment 8657
View attachment 8658
View attachment 8659
View attachment 8660
View attachment 8661

I think most of us actually would prefer not to be stuck in the current situation for the next couple of years. So let's maybe see if we can try something that gets us out of it. Because half of us acting like there is a virus and half of us acting like there isn't a virus is not working.
So it looks like all of these three states saw an increase in deaths 4 weeks after cases started to rise. Looking at Ohio's data, we don't yet see the same patern. Assuming a cases are rising start date of June 18, we should have started to see a rise in deaths last week. Maybe it could take off but if it doesn't then we need to ask why Ohio would be different.

1595875748910.png

1595875806538.png

So it looks like all of these three states saw an increase in deaths 4 weeks after cases started to rise. Looking at Ohio's data, we don't yet see the same patern. Assuming a cases are rising start date of June 18, we should have started to see a rise in deaths last week. Maybe it could take off but if it doesn't then we need to ask why Ohio would be different.

View attachment 8665
View attachment 8666
It's more tied to the positivity rate as testing capacity becomes adequate for the size of the epidemic and maintains a level. Ohio's positivity rate is flat.

Florida, not so much.

As an armchair quarterback, I'd say Florida and Arizona are out of control, and Texas is close. California is moving that direction, but slowly. Texas and California may appear that way due to the sheer size of their populations.

Last edited:
Someone else posted this, but it is very close to how I feel at this point. What I thought the plan was from day 1.

Yeah, it should have been the plan.
New York was the first place where there was wide spread, and because of mistakes at the start and mistakes made in the years prior, they were absolutely slammed. They also had one of the strictest lock down regimes and highest mask usage rate. But they showed even if it gets out of control it can be contained. We don't actually have to spend the next year in the purgatory we are in now.

New York had 538 new cases and 17 deaths yesterday, or 2.8 new cases per 100000. Ohio had 1105 new cases and 33 deaths, or 9.4 per 100000. Florida had 41.4per 1000000.

NewYorkCases.jpg

NewYorkDeaths.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, it should have been the plan.
New York was the first place where there was wide spread, and because of mistakes at the start and mistakes made in the years prior, they were absolutely slammed. They also had one of the strictest lock down regimes and highest mask usage rate. But they showed even if it gets out of control it can be contained. We don't actually have to spend the next year in the purgatory we are in now.

New York had 538 new cases and 17 deaths yesterday, or 2.8 new cases per 100000. Ohio had 1105 new cases and 33 deaths, or 9.4 per 100000. Florida had 41.4per 1000000.

View attachment 8681
View attachment 8682
Leadership vs. lack of leadership.

The biggest thing I don't understand in this is the idea of having health care workers staying home too. Are we suggesting shutting down hospitals for 6 weeks during a pandemic?

The biggest thing I don't understand in this is the idea of having health care workers staying home too. Are we suggesting shutting down hospitals for 6 weeks during a pandemic?
Truly essential only. Other countries shut down hard. No gas stations. No going from one state to another because it's more lax. What good did shutting down schools and such back in March? Just wasted.

"wasted" is the right word. I believe the shut down did provide an opportunity to get things under control, but it was wasted because we didn't ramp up testing/tracing to near the levels that would be required to prevent/control outbreaks. We also didn't have the information about the virus necessary to shut things down most effectively. I think there were unnecessary inequities driven by politics in what was shut down and what was deemed "essential." It created a situation where people are skeptical of the need to shut down and what would be shut down even if they agree a shut down is needed.

We need confidence that such sacrifices are going to be respected and worth it. It's going to take amazing leadership and coordination among all of our political leaders, or unbelievable levels of suffering, to bring us to a common cause.

I don't see either occurring. Democrats and Republicans are going to continue to make this a politically contentious issue in an election year. Most news sources have clear political biases and are going to continue presenting stories that demonize views not consistent with their own. At the same time we're developing therapies that are reducing mortality rates among the infected. We have trouble identifying and tabulating long term complications, so those are essentially ignored.

Call me a skeptic, but I don't see the U.S. making any significant changes in our approach. Our kids are going to end up with sub-standard education relative to peers in other countries who have a much better handle on the situation. Those on the low-end of the socieo-economic spectrum are going to suffer all kinds of economic harm as they find themselves unable to work due to a lack of childcare, lost jobs as companies go bankrupt or accelerate automation efforts, etc.

I think there is also a looming healthcare crisis brewing as people lose their jobs and their insurance along with them. Some catastrophic insurance requires people to pay $8000 or more out of pocket each year before it kicks in. It may prevent personal bankrupcies, but too many will avoid preventative healthcare and taking care of minor issues before they become major. The impact of this won't be felt for months if not a few years, but it will prolong the suffering from COVID and our ineffectual response to it.

An effective vaccine will be an amazing accomplishment, but it's not going to solve all of these problems, especially since many won't bother to get it.

I don't see high school sports as moving the needle in any significant way. It's just one of many things that gets lost in this tsunami.

We will get through this, but it's going to take awhile and lots of people are going to suffer unnecessarily from the impacts of our deficient reponses.

Columbus City Schools - Press Conference today – All students Pre K-12 - Remote Distance Learning for all students until at least the end of the first quarter.

Will we still be debating this same stuff in September, December, March, Etc... Things that should be well out of sight of our rear view mirror are still right there closer than they appear. I do not personally know a single person that is not back at work, but I know those people exist. I have a lot of family and friends that are teachers, so that could change. I'm sure they will be working, but not like they are used to. I do deal with a lot of people still working remotely from home. That might be a permanent thing as it has seemed seamless and maybe even a bit more efficient sometimes. The new thing we will be talking about soon is foreclosures and evictions. How anyone sees this as anything but a huge failure of leadership from the President on down is beyond me.

We now have had to put more responsibility of keeping people safe and healthy in the hands of the Wal-Mart greeter than the President of the United States of America. We are asking 17 year old kid to get into conflict with some MAGA hat wearing A-hole at Home Depot to try and enforce a wear a mask in this county mandate by the governor. (Saw it first hand yesterday in Strongsville/Middleburg Heights) The rest of the world seems to have figured it out, but we are a huge failure. I was at our local produce market last Saturday and it was a very small what looked like 17 year old girl having to tell people they could not continue any further until they put on a mask. She handed them out to people who did not have them. Who doesn't have them at this point? (I've forgotten mine in the other car or walked out of the house and left it sitting on the counter, but there were too many people without them. I either stay in the car, or we go back and get the masks ) Some people gave the girl hassle or the "You have got to be kidding me" response. She's at the front of this while the President is making sure the incandescent light bulb makes a comeback for 6 months. Who cares who's right or wrong anymore? Kids and wal-mart greeters should have a little less responsibility than the President.

World wide pandemic folks. Look at what is happening in Texas, California, Arizona, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama........

I was driving home the other night talking to coach Howard on the phone about how good Unioto is and how it's a shame that they might not get a chance to show Bay how good they are when he told me he had to go and listen to what the governor had to say. I had a business call I knew I was going to be on for some time, so I called my 18 year old son and told him to watch it and tell me what is said. When I got home, I asked him and he told me "He said we need to get our sh_t together." I think that sort of says it all.

How do you have kids only in school some days and not others if they are under say 12 years old? What are the parents going to do the days they aren't in school? Drop them off at a friends house. Drop them off at Grandparents? Nothing is solved. Federal Government has to come up with a workable plan that helps parents and employers. CDC should be the authority.

Contact Tracing is so far below what is needed in some places they are just giving up. Texas is being crushed. Isn't that a job people could be doing from home with not a lot of skills but some training. Again, something that was talked about by nearly every expert and not followed through on.

Contact tracing is only important at near the beginning of a pandemic. It is useless at this point, much like it would be useless in tracking down who is carrying the common flu. That ship has sailed, and I've listened to many physicians echo this.

We can all assume that we will ALL be exposed at one point or another the next few years. To think that you can hunker down & avoid it is asinine. It would safe to assume that at least 10 times as many people who have been confirmed to actually test positive have actually been exposed. It wouldn't have mattered who was in the White House or not. All wouldn't stand a chance & would be lying if they took any other stance.

It certainly matters who is in the White House.
We must open the economy he said, we can't let the cure be worse than the disease he said.
The result might be our children at home this fall and no sports, but it might be worth it if it sweeps Donny and his enablers out.
Poor Baby Bone Spurs, nobody likes me, they like Fauci better, how pathetic

Circa March 2020: "Masks are not needed. It's just a big hoax! It will go away on it's own. Just a big hoax!!"

True, but go back further to January when the President issued the travel restrictions on China & how the Dems lambasted him for so-called racusm & xenophobia.

True, but go back further to January when the President issued the travel restrictions on China & how the Dems lambasted him for so-called racusm & xenophobia.

What is your point? Because he was criticized for one action, he can't take any others? Really?

No matter what action any president takes, there is a portion of society that is going to disagree. Leadership involves both convincing the public of the need for an action and continuing to make the tough calls with a "the buck stops here" sense of responsibility. That even requires a willingness to admit past errors and to adapt as better information becomes available.

I could forgive a multitude of errors if I felt like they were made in the attempt to provide for the greater good. Making errors is part of learning. The "ick" factor involved when a president seems to make most decisions based on how it affects him is revolting.

I was initiallly shocked when he announced the ban. I had not really been following what was going on in Wuhan and it seemed like another "wall" based on ethnicity. Then as things became more clear regarding what was going on I thought "good call." Then when I learned it wasn't a ban but only a partial filter, I was far less impressed. How could he think that one partial action was going to take care of the problem?

I don"t disagree that we need a president who is willing to speak his mind and to forcefully reject the status quo on many issues, but it would be nice if they also kept informed by reading, listening to experts, etc. rather than trusting their gut based on tv news and twitter conspiracy theories.

Reading something in a press conference and then putting it into question shortly thereafter does little to engender public confidence and serves only to induce strife. DJT is a hot mess. We can do better.

What is your point? Because he was criticized for one action, he can't take any others? Really?

No matter what action any president takes, there is a portion of society that is going to disagree. Leadership involves both convincing the public of the need for an action and continuing to make the tough calls with a "the buck stops here" sense of responsibility. That even requires a willingness to admit past errors and to adapt as better information becomes available.

I could forgive a multitude of errors if I felt like they were made in the attempt to provide for the greater good. Making errors is part of learning. The "ick" factor involved when a president seems to make most decisions based on how it affects him is revolting.

I was initiallly shocked when he announced the ban. I had not really been following what was going on in Wuhan and it seemed like another "wall" based on ethnicity. Then as things became more clear regarding what was going on I thought "good call." Then when I learned it wasn't a ban but only a partial filter, I was far less impressed. How could he think that one partial action was going to take care of the problem?

I don"t disagree that we need a president who is willing to speak his mind and to forcefully reject the status quo on many issues, but it would be nice if they also kept informed by reading, listening to experts, etc. rather than trusting their gut based on tv news and twitter conspiracy theories.

Reading something in a press conference and then putting it into question shortly thereafter does little to engender public confidence and serves only to induce strife. DJT is a hot mess. We can do better.
What is the point? They are dead! Love how you guys pick and choose your facts and ignore reality. Love it! Love how car accidents, shootings and suicides get lumped into the covid data. Those are peaceful protesters in the cities!

One thing is for 100% sure, the demon (D) party is going all in to win this year, they don't care what the cost may be. Me thinks the game is almost up for them. The Nazi wanna be's don't even hide anymore (it starts with censorship and media control...).

Shared with you data that shows the US has handled this better than the EU (published by the EU), but wanna be clowns say we are so much worse!

There is a house cleaning in order, that's for sure.

You guys do know the bug the Chinese let loose was created by research that Fauci directly paid for, right? Let's create even more virulent super bugs in a hostile foreign country (it is a cost savings project, all for under $10 million) with no respect for international law that can take it whenever they want. This is not a conspiracy either, Fauci said they did (virus gain of function). So when the Chinese say it was made by Americans, they are correct.

Get the teleprompter reader back, he'll fix everything, might take him a week then he can retire to his $60 million book deals with the company that got the Common Core contract.

Contact tracing is only important at near the beginning of a pandemic. It is useless at this point, much like it would be useless in tracking down who is carrying the common flu. That ship has sailed, and I've listened to many physicians echo this.

We can all assume that we will ALL be exposed at one point or another the next few years. To think that you can hunker down & avoid it is asinine. It would safe to assume that at least 10 times as many people who have been confirmed to actually test positive have actually been exposed. It wouldn't have mattered who was in the White House or not. All wouldn't stand a chance & would be lying if they took any other stance.
I disagree. My son was right in the middle of it from the start out in Washington. They trained for this and had policies in place for tracing and containing (U.S. Army). None of it was followed on a national basis. There were big gaps in the chain. The Trump administration was directly responsible for those gaps. Again, I would be just as disgusted no matter who was in charge. My son and other loved ones of mine had to fight this thing blind and without proper tools. The only stock piles of things they had were from the previous administration. (You can believe all you want what Trump says about the cupboards being bare, but that is a flat out lie.) Orders for replacement equipment and supplies were cancelled or the contract with suppliers were cancelled and shifted to suppliers that never delivered or flat out could not deliver.

Running Man 101. Who is in charge? Stop your nonsense. Look around. Who is in charge?

Florida is crushing it again. This is a joke and denying it and defending those in charge is insane.

Last edited:
Just to confirm some activity around Columbus, per the recommendation from Franklin County Public Health, some schools in the suburbs have urgently passed communication this AM that they will also move to all remote (i.e. Whitehall, Westerville, etc.) to start the school year. They join Hilliard, Bexley, Upper Arlington, Gahanna, Groveport Madison, and South-Western City.

I disagree. My son was right in the middle of it from the start out in Washington. They trained for this and had policies in place for tracing and containing (U.S. Army). None of it was followed on a national basis. There were big gaps in the chain. The Trump administration was directly responsible for those gaps. Again, I would be just as disgusted no matter who was in charge. My son and other loved ones of mine had to fight this thing blind and without proper tools. The only stock piles of things they had were from the previous administration. (You can believe all you want what Trump says about the cupboards being bare, but that is a flat out lie.) Orders for replacement equipment and supplies were cancelled or the contract with suppliers were cancelled and shifted to suppliers that never delivered or flat out could not deliver.

Running Man 101. Who is in charge? Stop your nonsense. Look around. Who is in charge?

Florida is crushing it again. This is a joke and denying it and defending those in charge is insane.
Reality psycho_dad, live in reality, you'll be happier.
1596045127201.png