Fecko out at Mooney

Jaws31

It had to be done
Word is Cardinal Mooney has fired PJ Fecko as head coach and replaced him with Carl Pelini. If true, something must of happened for a change like this less than a week before the start of camp. Its very odd to say the least.

Wow, that is a shocker if fired and not leaving because of another reason. The dude replaced a legend and kept the train on its tracks, something must be up.

Balash say Mooney "part ways with Fecko". Also said Pelini is interim coach. Still strsnge so close to the season. Something big had to of happened.

Pelini is also the assistant AD for advancement, whatever the hell that is. What happened was, Carl was out of a job, couldn't get a job in the college ranks because of his "reputation" and ole Bo put the squeeze on the alma mater. Fecko rubbing a lot of people the wrong way didn't help his cause either.

Never thought much of Fecko as a coach (considering talent) but putting a guy with a terrible reputation like Pelini in place reinforces what I’ve heard about Mooney being a disaster as a school.

I’m not going to complain as Boardman supporter. But it is sad to see what’s become of a once pretty proud school/program.

The interesting thing is Fecko still has his teaching job. If he something away from football wouldn't he lose his teaching job. Unless Jaws31 is 100% correct and the Pelinis conspired to get a job.
Now Feckos name will be linked to every coaching opening the next couple of years.

The interesting thing is Fecko still has his teaching job. If he something away from football wouldn't he lose his teaching job. Unless Jaws31 is 100% correct and the Pelinis conspired to get a job.
Now Feckos name will be linked to every coaching opening the next couple of years.
Wouldn’t be the first time big donors got their way at a catholic school

Never thought much of Fecko as a coach (considering talent) but putting a guy with a terrible reputation like Pelini in place reinforces what I’ve heard about Mooney being a disaster as a school.

I’m not going to complain as Boardman supporter. But it is sad to see what’s become of a once pretty proud school/program.

I think this is a little harsh to Carl...outside of what happened at FAU now almost a decade ago, what does this guy have going against him? He did a pretty good job getting Fitch back to respectability, and probably laid more of the groundwork for Kopp than he'd get credit for.

I think this is a little harsh to Carl...outside of what happened at FAU now almost a decade ago, what does this guy have going against him? He did a pretty good job getting Fitch back to respectability, and probably laid more of the groundwork for Kopp than he'd get credit for.
The guy admitted to cocaine use. Why would you want him coaching 14-18 year old kids?

Mooney can do much better for a leader of kids.

Fecko was due to be gone after last season. Things hit a snag. New administration brought in. Then it gets even more interesting as Crazy Carl takes the helm. Mooney has become the clown show of the Mahoning Valley.

Fecko was due to be gone after last season. Things hit a snag. New administration brought in. Then it gets even more interesting as Crazy Carl takes the helm. Mooney has become the clown show of the Mahoning Valley.
Until kids realize the new head coach has a brother that is the defensive coordinator at the defending national champion Louisiana state. I think this will go along way, and if he brings in a different type of offense, maybe one that should exist in the 21st-century they will be immensely successful. Pj just resisted the change that the game has seen lately.

Never said he doesn’t know football or people in high places. I’ll bite my tongue there and continue to watch from afar. God speed.