BLM movement and OSU wrestling

I enjoy wrestling

I'm discouraged right now. I just visited the homepage for OSU wrestling. I watched the video. This isn't a trolling post and I really am depressed at this time. I am questioning my value system. Am I out of touch with reality? I'll take sometime to ponder and research to see if I'm out of touch. IMO There is a good chance I never set foot back on the OSU campus.

I'm discouraged right now. I just visited the homepage for OSU wrestling. I watched the video. This isn't a trolling post and I really am depressed at this time. I am questioning my value system. Am I out of touch with reality? I'll take sometime to ponder and research to see if I'm out of touch. IMO There is a good chance I never set foot back on the OSU campus.
You must be racist.

And your surprised by this? don't question your value system and no, you are not out of touch with reality

If you are referring to the 1:35 long video "We Must Fight For Change" and you think the message is wrong, then your value system is pretty clearly racist. That does NOT make you out of touch with reality. In reality there are many racists in our country. It just aligns you with them. Anyone who thinks there is a level playing field for different races is willfully ignorant. It's not a left-right issue. It's just true. I'm a believer in self-determination and the cream rising to the top, but the basis has to be as equal a starting point as possible. We are closer than at any point in history, but not there yet.
Also, Kudos to you if you truly are researching and reflecting on your position to see if you are doing as well as you should for your fellow man. That is what we (myself included) need a lot more of instead of trying to find things that only echo and support our position.

Last edited:
D
Discouraged?? Huh?? By what?? Kids want equality for other kids. Sorry but you are a racist. When people take a stand then that's honorable. You may never step foot at an osu campus again?? Good! Wrestling and the world needs better.
Huh?

The real question is why do you care what they say? Some wrestlers support equality and it offends you enough to separate yourself from a University? I’m old enough to remember when the left was accused of being too sensitive.

I hope you don’t root for OSU football, or you are in for a rude awakening.

The real question is why do you care what they say? Some wrestlers support equality and it offends you enough to separate yourself from a University? I’m old enough to remember when the left was accused of being too sensitive.

I hope you don’t root for OSU football, or you are in for a rude awakening.
I'm well aware of the football situation. Politics and sports don't mix for me. Here is a racist opinion.

TheVoice facetiously called you “racist”. We often look at “racism” in a very Elementary manner. Very few people dislike or hate someone due to color. Those days are mostly gone......What we do have a ton of is people that assume because things are great in their own personal worldview, then those who disagree are just complaining or won’t pull themselves up. It’s the crux of the problem. It’s comes down to whether one believes society has been slanted to benefit some and and not others.

I am curious what about this statement you found so offensive that "There is a good chance I never set foot back on the OSU campus." I copied the text below to make it easier for you to point out specifically what offended you.

Of course, there is nothing offensive there unless you read something into it, which starts to get at the root of the problem BLM is point out.

It is also silly to say you are either all for BLM or not. There are people on the extremes of everything. To pretend the extremes represent the whole movement and then dismiss the entire problem based on this is purposefully living in an echo chamber. You don't have to be all on board wiht BLM to accept that racism, while not what it once was, is still a problem and support a statement like the one below.

As we are again reminded of racial injustice in this world, we, members of The Ohio State Wrestling program, reflect on our own values.
We compete against athletes from al over the country and sometimes the world.
And the only things that matter to us are a persons character and will.
To judge another person by the color of their skin is beyond senseless.
We assure you that this ignorant and distorted viewpoint will not be tolerated in our organization.
It never has and never will be.
As brothers, we won't allow it.
It's time to eradicate hate and elevate love everywhere.
We ask that you do the same in support of black members of our team, black members of your community, and all black men and women who have been treated unjustly because of the color of their skin.
In the Ohio State wrestling room we fight side by side to sharpen each other build each other up, and grow with each other as brothers.
A cornerstone believe of our organization is that true, lasting change starts in the heart of the individual.
The time is now.
The time is now.
The time is now.
We must fight for change and the fight begins on an individual level for each of us.
This is an enemy that must be defeated and to win this fight we must be deeply rooted with truth and love.
Only then can we begin to influence the world around us to change.
We are committed to becoming the change we speak of.
Join us.
Join us.
Join us.
For all future generations.

Did you have a problem with Tom Ryan’s twitter the last few years? He shared lots of right wing political content. My guess is like most people, you don’t like when politics you don’t like mix with sports.
I don't do Social Media so I'm not aware of what Tom Ryan said on his Twitter account. Is that his personal account? Took a drive 2 weeks after the BLM protest in Columbus. I also took a camera. 200 pictures of destruction. Started at high street and interstate 70. Headed north to campus. Didn't see a single window. Plenty of BLM graffiti and f the police. Is not respecting that behavior racist? BLM protest destroyed Columbus. Imo

Go watch the central park 5, or 13th, or Trigger warning or a host of other documentaries that should shed some light on matters for you.
I'll watch central park. Will you promise to research the Michael Brown investigation in Ferguson Missouri? Ferguson Missouri hat hatched the Black Lives Matter movement. Pay close attention to where Mr Browns blood was found. It was on the weapon and in the police cruiser. Yes, Mr Brown robbed a store, then tried to take a police officer's weapon. The officer shot Mr Brown 2 times while in the cruiser. He then exited his vehicle to detain Mr Brown. Mr Brown charged the peace officer and was killed. Those are cold hard facts. Period!!! Mr Brown also had gun shot residue on his hands Flash foward to the narrative hands up don't shoot. It started in Ferguson and it's a lie. Mr Brown didn't have his hands up. He robbed a store and assaulted an officer. Sadly it cost him his life.

I followed the trial closely and have read everything I could find from the court system. There were three witnesses that never testified to these events out of fear from what would happen to them in their community. Black lives matter wants to defund the police.

I won't be going to any OSU wrestling matches or watching them on TV. In fact I will be donating all of my OSU apparel to the homeless shelter Downtown. The Nike apparel was first to go. You can't support a lie. I'm done with it right now. Police are part of a civil society, I guess anarchy is the new fad.

All it takes is one nut job. Look, if you don't respect authority you are going to bet burned. Period. Don't seek revenge, seek justice! Just like the movie Chisim. Billy The Kid wanted revenge, John Wayne wanted justice. They were on the same side. A perfect example of two way to do things. One the wrong way, the other the right way. BLM is doing everything backwards and the money is lining the politicians pockets. So who are the ones that are racist?

There’s no point in having a conversation with someone who is obtuse. This country was literally built on the backs of slaves, and the world economy until this day is still generating off of the institution slavery. I’m a black man that does not support the BLM organization, but I do support the BLM movement. I know many non Foundational Black Americans can care less about the plight of FBA’s, but with the help of Social media this new generation does. That is why you see just as much, or if not more non blacks marching with the blacks. They understand that this country has failed to make amends for its transgressions pertaining to the treatment of FBA’s. And the OSU wrestling team is championing that sentiment. And I for one applaud these young men.

So if seeing a BLM page irritates you, image how most FBA’s feel (excluding our broken bara”Coon” class).

Here’s a short timeline

1619-1865: chattel slavery and genocide
1865-1965: no rights under the law.
1965-2000 redlining, mass incarceration, unfair housing and banking practices.

No one in the United States of American was raped, pillaged, bred like animals, and made to work for free until they died. Then these same FBA’s were forced to build the infrastructure of this country for free, and that labor still generates the world economy till this day

This country has made amends, and has paid for their wrong doing in cash payments to everyone including, Asian, Jews, American Indians, and Italians; except for FBA’s

So, I would say that this country is lucky that people want reform; instead of revenge.

Police brutality sucks. Riots and looting sucks. Racism sucks. Rape and murder sucks. Politics suck. I come here to escape all those things and read and post about wrestling. These topics are important, just not here.

If only there was a way in which you could choose to not click on the topic.................

There’s no point in having a conversation with someone who is obtuse. This country was literally built on the backs of slaves, and the world economy until this day is still generating off of the institution slavery. I’m a black man that does not support the BLM organization, but I do support the BLM movement. I know many non Foundational Black Americans can care less about the plight of FBA’s, but with the help of Social media this new generation does. That is why you see just as much, or if not more non blacks marching with the blacks. They understand that this country has failed to make amends for its transgressions pertaining to the treatment of FBA’s. And the OSU wrestling team is championing that sentiment. And I for one applaud these young men.

So if seeing a BLM page irritates you, image how most FBA’s feel (excluding our broken bara”Coon” class).

Here’s a short timeline

1619-1865: chattel slavery and genocide
1865-1965: no rights under the law.
1965-2000 redlining, mass incarceration, unfair housing and banking practices.

No one in the United States of American was raped, pillaged, bred like animals, and made to work for free until they died. Then these same FBA’s were forced to build the infrastructure of this country for free, and that labor still generates the world economy till this day

This country has made amends, and has paid for their wrong doing in cash payments to everyone including, Asian, Jews, American Indians, and Italians; except for FBA’s

So, I would say that this country is lucky that people want reform; instead of revenge.
Thanks for the honesty. Concise and to the point.

Thanks for the honesty. Concise and to the point.
What's the value of 360,000 men who fought and died for the Union Army? The civil war cost this Country many lives. What value do you put on that? This Country is far from perfect, but I love my Country for who she is. How many American lives, black and white, sacrificed so German isn't our national language? The Tuskegee Airman fought for and loved this Country. God bless the USA and that goes for all Americans. Black,purple,orange,yellow and white. You never how good you have it until it's gone. These are my opinions

Attachments

• CC905B96-B093-4923-8334-33A258512542.jpeg
    CC905B96-B093-4923-8334-33A258512542.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 33