Ohio High School Football Coaches Association Releases 38-page Restart Proposal

Teams are practicing so if I had to bet today I’d say season starts on time. Maybe gets interrupted but it’d be hard to stop that moving train once it gets goin

I'm no Nostradamus but my two cents are: a delay is forthcoming. Two weeks here, a month there. Hold out hope but inevitably, no football. Keep kids participating like they are now to stay active but at the end of the day, they'll deem it unsafe.

I'm no Nostradamus but my two cents are: a delay is forthcoming. Two weeks here, a month there. Hold out hope but inevitably, no football. Keep kids participating like they are now to stay active but at the end of the day, they'll deem it unsafe.
I feel as thought the mask mandate is a way us to justify a case decline that might happen as a result..Which would allow for football...again im no medical expert by any means..just going by feel.

You are probably correct. I have been saying all along that there would be football but last night I witnessed some events that changed the way I think. My son had a football workout last night. Saw a couple of parents and such hanging around. Apparently there were some pics taken and sent to school board members complaining that protocols weren’t being followed. That same night I walked into some local businesses only to see no one following mask orders or anything else. No one was snapping photos or anything in there. I guess what I am saying is that football will be so closely scrutinized that it will be impossible to play. And it will be scrutinized and complained about by the same jerks that refuse to follow a simple mask order.

You are probably correct. I have been saying all along that there would be football but last night I witnessed some events that changed the way I think. My son had a football workout last night. Saw a couple of parents and such hanging around. Apparently there were some pics taken and sent to school board members complaining that protocols weren’t being followed. That same night I walked into some local businesses only to see no one following mask orders or anything else. No one was snapping photos or anything in there. I guess what I am saying is that football will be so closely scrutinized that it will be impossible to play. And it will be scrutinized and complained about by the same jerks that refuse to follow a simple mask order.
look i’m not a big mask guy, but i’ve worn one everywhere out of common courtesy to others. i’m not scared of the virus. i’m scared what will happen if my grandson or I get the virus. he wants a season, even if it’s delayed. and i’m willing to do my part.

Upcoming timeline:

- No HS football or basketball in 2020
- Vaccine will be forced upon everyone
- Fresh start in spring 2021, HS sports resume

I’m not a big mask guy either and to each their own. I’m just saying that football will be under the microscope so much more than anything else and it was evident last night. I watched the staff disinfect everything, I heard them telling kids to stay six ft apart and not to congregate. I believe they were doing everything they could to follow rules but a few kids must have gotten too close and some pics were taken. Haven’t heard any of any pics coming from local restaurants or gas stations. I guess I just realized how hard it is going to be when every movement of every kid is going to be scrutinized.

I’m not a big mask guy either and to each their own. I’m just saying that football will be under the microscope so much more than anything else and it was evident last night. I watched the staff disinfect everything, I heard them telling kids to stay six ft apart and not to congregate. I believe they were doing everything they could to follow rules but a few kids must have gotten too close and some pics were taken. Haven’t heard any of any pics coming from local restaurants or gas stations. I guess I just realized how hard it is going to be when every movement of every kid is going to be scrutinized.
We live in a gotcha society. With cell phones everything is visible. In some ways that is good. But not with the gotcha people. I have seen first hand parents hiding at a practice and taking video trying to catch a coach do something wrong. For some reason, the gotcha people seem to like focusing on schools and coaches(teachers). Not sure why?

Football season will be postponed our government is awful.Donsls trump fault.

Only reason it would be his fault is because people want him out of office. I know a lot of people yet i dont even know anyone that knows someone that has this fake political virus. Its a joke

How does OHSAA make there money, tickets or sanctioning fees? Even if they play in the fall, I'm not sure without fans or very few fans.

Tickets at tournaments. Someone on here had a good idea about selling tickets to a video stream. Still would probably take a big hit.

The Budget: The OHSAA's budget is comprised of three main sources of revenue: 78% comes from ticket sales at tournaments, 11% comes from annual officiating permit renewals and 11% comes from corporate sponsorships.

Only reason it would be his fault is because people want him out of office. I know a lot of people yet i dont even know anyone that knows someone that has this fake political virus. Its a joke
I have a neighbor who died from it and two friends that were hospitalized ... this is no joke ... so let me get this straight we have all the state Governors in on this ... both Democratic and Republican ... and just about all the other countries in the world also ... just to get to DJT ... OK, got it ... sound plausible!

Easy answer... Massillon ... This year is their best chance at finally winning
an OHSAA football playoff championship.

:>---

SALT

Being from Canton you should be more concerned about other things that are occurring there.

We live in a gotcha society. With cell phones everything is visible. In some ways that is good. But not with the gotcha people. I have seen first hand parents hiding at a practice and taking video trying to catch a coach do something wrong. For some reason, the gotcha people seem to like focusing on schools and coaches(teachers). Not sure why?
Because they have no lives. Can we start with that!

I know one person.

I know several who are sure they had it in February, November, September, etc.

I know one person.

I know several who are sure they had it in February, November, September, etc.
Sure i know several people who think they had it back in nov and dec. Key word think they had it. But yet all alive and well. Didnt shut down the back then so why now?

Being from Canton you should be more concerned about other things that are occurring there.

I'm waiting for the Barber-Shop gang to all die off from CV-19.
If Nadine goes with them, I might even crack a :D

:>---

SALT

If there's no in-person school, there's no football.

OAC (small colleges) just cancelled all fall sports

I dont know about any other school, but I live in MAC country, not saying the school (I married in) and the school is absolutely not following any of the guidelines. They've been out practicing all week, and just driving by and taking a gander it's obvious to see. Do I care? Absolutely not. Do I think there will be a football season? Absolutely not. I think in the back of their minds, everyone knows the ban hammer is coming.