Legacy Christian recruiting

OSUguy77

Of course LCA is going to be good if they can recruit? Would like to see how good they would be if they had the same talent pool as public schools. Heard they have two 16 year old "8th" graders coming in next year from Graham. See interview of gavin brown talking about how dominant they will be this year.

Must be from Milan Edison. Salty maybe? Haters gonna hate. These kids have been working hard as a group for the past five years. Don’t try and take anything away from that. They go to summer tournaments as a team, workout as a team, and are really a family.

Hmmmm and this is diff from Graham, Brecksville, Wadsworth, Perrysburg, Coffman, LaSalle, St. Eds, etc how?

And I am not trying to throw shade on any of the above programs. All great. Just using them to prove a point. This is the world today with wrestling. Kids (or parents) go where they think it best suits them to succeed.

Aren't most public schools open enrollment now? Maybe 75% are?

Hmmmm and this is diff from Graham, Brecksville, Wadsworth, Perrysburg, Coffman, LaSalle, St. Eds, etc how?

And I am not trying to throw shade on any of the above programs. All great. Just using them to prove a point. This is the world today with wrestling. Kids (or parents) go where they think it best suits them to succeed.

76% of public schools are open enrollment to anyone, 7% have open enrollment to adjacent districts, i.e. Wadsworth. Ironically, of the schools you mentioned, Brecksville, Perrysburg, and Coffman do not have open enrollment at all, so either students have to "move in" or pay tuition.

I've got no dog in this fight (which is dumb).

Plenty of parents make the decision to hold their kids back for sports (not going to give my opinion), not just the Grahams or LCs either. Plenty of kids do it all over the place. And is it really recruiting if the parents decide to send their kids to a private school or open enroll them to a public school, especially if they are an 8th grader? I guess we could say all private schools recruit and not just athletes. They want the good students and revenue as well - they recruit anyone they can.

Edit: What makes this even funnier is both of the big time freshman that they have coming in...their brothers are already on the team. Some CRAZY recruiting there.

Last edited:
Of course LCA is going to be good if they can recruit? Would like to see how good they would be if they had the same talent pool as public schools. Heard they have two 16 year old "8th" graders coming in next year from Graham. See interview of gavin brown talking about how dominant they will be this year.

If an 8th grader actually was 16, wouldn't they be too old to compete by the time they're a senior?

If an 8th grader actually was 16, wouldn't they be too old to compete by the time they're a senior?

No, not as long as they turn 20 after their senior season ends. I know of several guys that will turn 20 Apr-Aug after their senior season. But if he is talking about guys going into the 8th grade, then yes. Hard to discern what he is saying for sure.

MitSulHer, why you hating on Coffman. Mitch always did well against them. lol

Just kidding with you buddy. You are right they are the top team hands down in Central Ohio, they were the last two years and should be a few more.

I think a lot of times when you get move in's/transfers it's because the Room, a good room can do wonders and when you throw in the fact that these schools listed above have outstanding coaches, it's a done deal. Just my 2cents

I had no idea how common this is. I'm on a recruiting site, and several parents on there switched their sons to a different school to repeat 8th grade and start HS a year older. A lot of those same parents started K a year later, so that's how you end up with 20 year old seniors. There's something very wrong when one class contains a 3-year spread.

Yea

Yeah no one cares about the recruiting and hold back argument. Every solid team has that. This is just a regurgitated point over and over. Who cares!

Must be from Milan Edison. Salty maybe? Haters gonna hate. These kids have been working hard as a group for the past five years. Don’t try and take anything away from that. They go to summer tournaments as a team, workout as a team, and are really a family.
I doubt they are from Milan Edison. But Gavin Brown United the Edison squad again! Few of Edisons guys that were talking transfer are staying now to beat Legacy. I hope Legacy gets out of Regionals this year! That would make fit a good state dual

My son gets in practices year round. We travel to different states just for partners to work out with. Our local school now rolls up the mats after districts and unrolls them in november. Should I enroll him in a school with kids who have held the sport in a high regard or feel compelled to go to the local high school?

My son gets in practices year round. We travel to different states just for partners to work out with. Our local school now rolls up the mats after districts and unrolls them in november. Should I enroll him in a school with kids who have held the sport in a high regard or feel compelled to go to the local high school?
That’s easy, transfer

I had no idea how common this is. I'm on a recruiting site, and several parents on there switched their sons to a different school to repeat 8th grade and start HS a year older. A lot of those same parents started K a year later, so that's how you end up with 20 year old seniors. There's something very wrong when one class contains a 3-year spread.
Would you say it is “right” then to have children competing with mature post-pubescent adolescents? I would guess that most people who hold their children back do it because the kid is emotionally, mentally, and/or physically immature. It is within the rules, and frankly, I believe it levels the playing field...not the other way around.

Wasn't one of the Stiebers ranked 2nd in the country as a senior in high school? That ranking included college wrestlers. Freshman win in both high school and college.

MitSulHer, why you hating on Coffman. Mitch always did well against them. lol

Just kidding with you buddy. You are right they are the top team hands down in Central Ohio, they were the last two years and should be a few more.

I think a lot of times when you get move in's/transfers it's because the Room, a good room can do wonders and when you throw in the fact that these schools listed above have outstanding coaches, it's a done deal. Just my 2cents
100 % correct

Would you say it is “right” then to have children competing with mature post-pubescent adolescents? I would guess that most people who hold their children back do it because the kid is emotionally, mentally, and/or physically immature. It is within the rules, and frankly, I believe it levels the playing field...not the other way around.
Nope. These parents specifically said they held their kids back in 8th grade for sports. If there is an issue with a child who is not capable of advancing a grade due to any emotional or mental maturity, that would be addressed long before 8th grade. So don't try to make excuses- just admit that you think it's okay to have a kid who is 2-3 years older than his/her classmates.

Nope. These parents specifically said they held their kids back in 8th grade for sports. If there is an issue with a child who is not capable of advancing a grade due to any emotional or mental maturity, that would be addressed long before 8th grade. So don't try to make excuses- just admit that you think it's okay to have a kid who is 2-3 years older than his/her classmates.
2 or 3 years older, I don’t think so

2 or 3 years older, I don’t think so
My son started Kindergarten at 5, on time, and will be 17 his whole senior year. In the example above, those boys will be 16 going into their freshman year, which makes them at least 19 their senior year, possibly graduating at 20 or close to it. Also, I don't think you know what having a level playing field means.

Last edited:
Milan Edison doesn’t have the coaching that those schools have, most of the schools listed have a team of top notch coaches. Legacy will be very, very good this year. My guess would be in the duals it’s close, LCA wins 6 out of the10 weight classes where they have someone, but Milan pulls it off 37-30. It’s really hard to win a dual giving up 4 ffs. Legacy wins by a very narrow margin at individual, under 10 points possibly within 5. Hopefully the kids get to prove it on the mat this season.

My son started Kindergarten at 5, on time, and will be 17 his whole senior year. In the example above, those boys will be 16 going into their freshman year, which makes them at least 19 their senior year, possibly graduating at 20 or close to it. Also, I don't think you know what having a level playing field means.
Yeah you definitely should of held him back. You put him in a non level playing field. I forgot anybody graduates at 17 anymore.

Please keep Milan Edison out of your posts. If anyone has a question or comment about the program please contact me directly. We are not a program that is going to call out other programs or put interviews online talking about how we are better than other programs. We worry about Milan Edison and respect everyone else as a competitor. This program has never been respected in the rankings and that doesn't bother us a bit. We were a huge underdog in 2017 when we beat Mechanicsburg to win the state championship. We were ranked 3rd last year behind two other D3 schools. We went 34-0 in duals and beat some very quality opponents along the way. Never once did we talk about another program and how we felt we were better than them. Our kids, parents, and coaches believe we can beat anyone but we won't sit around and call people out on social media. Instead we will train like we always have and see what happens on the weekend! If we get beat it will be by a team that is better than us and we won't make excuses. I wish everyone the best of luck next season if we are able to wrestle.

David Hermes
Milan Edison Head Coach
2012, 2017, 2019 Division III State Dual Champions

Please keep Milan Edison out of your posts. If anyone has a question or comment about the program please contact me directly. We are not a program that is going to call out other programs or put interviews online talking about how we are better than other programs. We worry about Milan Edison and respect everyone else as a competitor. This program has never been respected in the rankings and that doesn't bother us a bit. We were a huge underdog in 2017 when we beat Mechanicsburg to win the state championship. We were ranked 3rd last year behind two other D3 schools. We went 34-0 in duals and beat some very quality opponents along the way. Never once did we talk about another program and how we felt we were better than them. Our kids, parents, and coaches believe we can beat anyone but we won't sit around and call people out on social media. Instead we will train like we always have and see what happens on the weekend! If we get beat it will be by a team that is better than us and we won't make excuses. I wish everyone the best of luck next season if we are able to wrestle.

David Hermes
Milan Edison Head Coach
Excellent post Coach, looking forward (hopefully) to coming to your tournament this season. Told my guys, if they want to be elite, they have face elite competition.

David Hermes
Milan Edison Head Coach

Well said coach. The fact you schedule Ed's and SPG says it all. Good luck this season.