Other States Changes In Season Updates

TheDuq

Please keep politics away from all of this, just hard data. I think all of us would like to see a source of what other states are doing. Thanks:

As of 7\21\20
CALIFORNIA- Moved To Spring
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA- Moved To Spring

FLORIDA- Everything starting August 10th
GEORGIA- Two Week Delay
IOWA- Everything starting August 17th
NEBRASKA- Everything starting August 10th

NEW MEXICO- Moved to Spring
NORTH CAROLINA- Three Week Delay
VIRGINIA- Moved to Spring
WEST VIRGINIA- Two Week Delay
SOUTH CAROLINA- Three Week Delay
TENNESSEE- Delayed until 9\1
TEXAS- Delayed until after 9\7 (Announced 7\21)
UTAH- FUBAR
WASHINGTON- Moved to Spring

Awaiting decision from governor\school districts:
MICHIGAN, PENNSYLVANIA, KENTUCKY

Illinois, South Dakota plans to announce Wednesday
Alabama plans to announce Thursday

Any other information, please chime in.

Last edited:

From ESPN Main Page, this is fascinating. Imagine Ohio telling all Division 1-2 schools to wait it out, 3-7 can go on.

This is not political. It seems that the only decisiveness from the State comes with the color coded map (if this, than that). Otherwise, everything has been kicked down the road. I'd be stunned to hear anything concrete about schools or sports other than maybe a delay of some sort.

This is not political. It seems that the only decisiveness from the State comes with the color coded map (if this, than that). Otherwise, everything has been kicked down the road. I'd be stunned to hear anything concrete about schools or sports other than maybe a delay of some sort.
I would have to agree. We were told less than a week ago that we must get the cases down to have a chance to play sports. In this time, he has made a decision. Doubt it. Except for maybe delay.

955C76E0-B33E-4E5F-8F73-9FE355270516.jpeg
any coaches have access to this?

From ESPN Main Page, this is fascinating. Imagine Ohio telling all Division 1-2 schools to wait it out, 3-7 can go on.

Are you trying to revive the R0 discussion? Because this is how you revive the R0 discussion.

I would assume this proposal has been coordinated with Hustead at some point. I would say this is good news for season taking place. Feeling better about football in the fall.

"This is a poll done with high school Athletic Directors from across Northwest Ohio... All were asked what they’d like to see happen with fall sports. Here are the responses: 40 - Start August 1st 36 - Delay the start 5 - Cancel"

Regarding the Coach's proposal: I give them credit for trying to throw everything and the kitchen sink at having a season. Seems to line up with OHSAA. Curious to see how Dewine responds. I'm going to guess he will acknowledge it and say something along the lines that they are taking it into consideration.

"This is a poll done with high school Athletic Directors from across Northwest Ohio... All were asked what they’d like to see happen with fall sports. Here are the responses: 40 - Start August 1st 36 - Delay the start 5 - Cancel"

Regarding the Coach's proposal: I give them credit for trying to throw everything and the kitchen sink at having a season. Seems to line up with OHSAA. Curious to see how Dewine responds. I'm going to guess he will acknowledge it and say something along the lines that they are taking it into consideration.
Not to get too technical, but this is probably Husted’s problem. Especially now that DeWine has other business that requires his attention.

I'm not sure why people aren't adding up why this would be good news for those mentioning earlier.

1. This is NW Ohio Football Coaches on a zoom call...we have 10 "Districts" and this one is not relevant at all for the most part for D1 and D2.

2. Even worse, 41 said "Cancel or Delay", 40 said "Start August 1st".

As much as we anticipate DeWine talking tomorrow, I do not expect him to say a thing. Always Twitter rumors just like every other week about it being addressed, it won't.

Texas really doesn't have a choice. They are not playing in the spring. The only option is delay and with the big cities where the big schools are having issues they have to be delayed. But the small schools that aren't facing the health crisis as directly as the big cities have refused.

Unfortunate compromise that angers the fewest.

Texas really doesn't have a choice. They are not playing in the spring. The only option is delay and with the big cities where the big schools are having issues they have to be delayed. But the small schools that aren't facing the health crisis as directly as the big cities have refused.

Unfortunate compromise that angers the fewest.

I'm not sure why Texas would not play in the Spring when they already have "class" with their football team everyday in the Spring and 7 v 7 is usually going on for at least 4-5 weeks. With California being a major player with HS Sports\Recruitment, I think it can really make states think twice in warmer climates about keeping Spring on the table.

I'm not sure why Texas would not play in the Spring when they already have "class" with their football team everyday in the Spring and 7 v 7 is usually going on for at least 4-5 weeks. With California being a major player with HS Sports\Recruitment, I think it can really make states think twice in warmer climates about keeping Spring on the table.
Strangely it's because baseball is big in Texas and they weren't risking another season. Plus every other state going to spring has basically announced a shortened season and texas wants a full schedule as much possible.

Not to get too technical, but this is probably Husted’s problem. Especially now that DeWine has other business that requires his attention.

Right, could be one of the biggest corruption cases at the state senate level in a long long time if I understand correctly. What a mess.