Buchtel Basketball Opening.

IMO. Best place is ? !! Get under the Nike & Jordan umbrella : and it’s obvious pa pa waiting for king jizzle ?‍♂️

Odds on Livingston Twins ?? Who knows. If they want a ring it’s STVM. Status Quo pick and no OHSAA it is WRA. Sleeper pick is Barberton (but no ring). The hoops classes of 2020 and 2021 were loaded with talent and Transfers.

Odds on Livingston Twins ?? Who knows. If they want a ring it’s STVM. Status Quo pick and no OHSAA it is WRA. Sleeper pick is Barberton (but no ring). The hoops classes of 2020 and 2021 were loaded with talent and Transfers.

Are you recruiting again?

Not enough basketballs at St.V for a big 3.
Besides that Livingston doesn't need St.V, barring injury his future is a no brainer.

Lots of schools still in play at this point.

Not enough basketballs at St.V for a big 3.
Besides that Livingston doesn't need St.V, barring injury his future is a no brainer.

Lots of schools still in play at this point.
Lol! I agree that Livingston going to STVM would decrease the POY odds for both him and Branham! And I agree that with his talent, his future is secure. So staying at Western Reserve and getting that top-flight education certainly would be a plus. To me, for the sake of the young man, whether he stays at Western Reserve or whether he transfers to another school, I hope it is the final decision of his high school career. It can't be good for any youngster to be constantly on the move!

His parents care deeply about his education, note WRA so you think McK will be the next choice? I mean they're only one of the worst performing schools.
You can do just fine at McKinley BUT you do have to stay away the outward dangers that exist. There are better schools I would send my kids to but I also wouldn't be afraid to send them to McKinley. If they wanted to go to McKinley.

If the rumors are true and Livingston wants to return to the Akron City Series then its down to...

Buchtel - home district, unproven rookie coach, not as talented as last year.

East - Chad Hazard connection and thats it.
Chris would be a one man show here.

Ellet - Best coaching pedigree and decent talent returning. Bold move nonetheless.

Im sure he would attend the STEM school like before if he comes back.

I personally thinks he stays at WRA one more year.

I heard he wants to go to St. V, but the staff is divided on whether they want to bring him in and mess with the chemistry of it being Branham's team.

I heard he wants to go to St. V, but the staff is divided on whether they want to bring him in and mess with the chemistry of it being Branham's team.

Lol, that makes sense since Livingston is 10 times the player Branham is.
Dru Joyce would pee down his leg if the Livingstons came calling.
The whole key is a starting spot for little brother, that makes or breaks any deal.

The whole key is a starting spot for little brother, that makes or breaks any deal.
I agree that Livingston is the better player, but I wouldn't be quite so dismissive of Malaki Branham. He is a legitimate POY candidate and an OSU recruit. Any way, I get your point. Any coach would love to have a talent like Livingston on his team. One question though is this: I've heard it said for a couple of years now that Livingston will go only where his brother would be on the varsity team or, now possibly, in the starting lineup. My question is: What caliber of player is his brother? I honestly just have no idea and I have never heard anyone address that point. I understand he may not be the transcendent player that Chris is, but then again, you certainly can't hold that against him! But how good of a player is he? Would he warrant a starting position on his own merit? I would imagine that he has got to be pretty good.

Last edited:
Say what you what, but I know he's already inquired and that the staff is divided.

I agree that Livingston is the better player, but I wouldn't be quite so dismissive of Malaki Branham. He is a legitimate POY candidate and an OSU recruit. Any way, I get your point. Any coach would love to have a talent like Livingston on his team. One question though is this: I've heard it said for a couple of years now that Livingston will go only where his brother would be on the varsity team or, now possibly, in the starting lineup. My question is: What caliber of player is his brother? I honestly just have no idea and I have never heard anyone address that point. I understand he may not be the transcendent player that Chris is, but then again, you certainly can't hold that against him! But how good of a player is he? Would he warrant a starting position on his own merit? I would imagine that he has got to be pretty good.
His brother is nowhere near a starting-caliber player at St. V.

His brother is nowhere near a starting-caliber player at St. V.
OK. well maybe not STVM. If they came to Maple Street that would give you C. Livingston, Branham, Harris and Pryor as 4 of the starting 5. So maybe there wouldn't be room for him in the Irish starting rotation. But what about if they went to Ellet or to Buchtel or to another City school. Would he be a starting caliber player at the other schools being mentioned? If so, then that, to me, increases the likelihood that they would go that route if they chose to leave Western Reserve.

Welcome to college recruiting at the HS level. It is what it is There’s really no rules in spite of what OHSAA tried to implant couple years ago or longer

OK. well maybe not STVM. If they came to Maple Street that would give you C. Livingston, Branham, Harris and Pryor as 4 of the starting 5. So maybe there wouldn't be room for him in the Irish starting rotation. But what about if they went to Ellet or to Buchtel or to another City school. Would he be a starting caliber player at the other schools being mentioned? If so, then that, to me, increases the likelihood that they would go that route if they chose to leave Western Reserve.

Cordell Livingston could start at any City Series school. He a decent shooter but not much more. 6' guard, average defender, average ballhandler.

He'd be a solid player at those schools. If I recall correctly, he was one of the last guys in the rotation as a frosh at Buchtel. Last year is tough to evaluate.

FB_IMG_1595792088427.jpg

If this is true, then Rayshon Dent just became a much better basketball coach! Glad to see them back at Buchtel!

Livingston Twins return to Buchtel. Miller Johnson Young Portis transfered to Massillon. Pierre Jones Smith Transfered to McKinley. So who is left at 1040. Road to C Bus runs through Maple Street.

Livingston Twins return to Buchtel. Miller Johnson Young Portis transfered to Massillon. Pierre Jones Smith Transfered to McKinley. So who is left at 1040. Road to C Bus runs through Maple Street.

Gonna be WRA all over again at 1040.
Maybe Noah Peebles comes back but they have no where the talent they've had the last few years. The Livingston show for sure.
Probably just the way gramps wanted it.
Step in line Dent!