Thanks for nothing, Governor

I've always had the Governors back during this pandemic. But for as much anticipation many of us in athletics had for some leadership and direction, that was a huge letdown.

He did say 1000 fellow Ohioans are are hospitalized with Covid. What he doesn't say that is 1 per 11,750 citizens.

Is anyone really expecting encouraging news after that speech? I have to question your sanity if you do. You could see where he is going with this. May shut stuff down again in some form.(Not saying I agree) Just the feel I got.

At one point, he mentioned this is our 2nd chance and we won't get a 3rd. That tells me he is going to go all in. If things don't improve I don't see how any one expects sports at all in the fall.

He needed to be very firm on what he said. We WILL shut down the state if the numbers don't improve in three weeks. And if we do, it will be your fault. We have to get kids back in school and businesses running, but we can't do it if people are selfish and come up with all sorts of lame excuses and conspiracy theories. No one wants this to continue, but we just can't open everything and pretend there is no danger. Maybe he really does need Amy Acton at his side instead of Fran. How many times, when you were in school, did you hear a teacher say," Please don't do that. It's not nice to do that." Did you take that person seriously? Of course not. Now, how about the person who got in your face and scared the life out of you? Did you listen? Yes, you did. You might have not like it, but you did as you were told. Wimpo DeWine needed a hammer and brought a Tickle Me, Elmo.

It’s called conditioning. Some will understand what I’m talking about. Some will scoff or laugh. But it’s conditioning for what’s to come
100% Woby--when it goes south the next 2 weeks he's gonna say "I asked you to wear masks for the good of Ohio and you didn't do it--we are not going to have Florida, Texas, and Arizona numbers so here is what we need to do...." cue the closings and lockdowns like March!!

Crisis reveals leadership. Dewine made some quick, sharp decisions early. Now, with the new school year pending & some numbers & headlines that are making people fearful he literally does nothing but spew platitudes. Be THEMan. Make a decision (100% masks in public) & enforce it ( no mass gatherings no matter what the cause is). This is why you were elected- to lead when it is required.

100% Woby--when it goes south the next 2 weeks he's gonna say "I asked you to wear masks for the good of Ohio and you didn't do it--we are not going to have Florida, Texas, and Arizona numbers so here is what we need to do...." cue the closings and lockdowns like March!!

He should have made that clear. It makes total sense that he would do that, but he should have made it clear to the dolts who need everything spelled out slowly and who are more likely to go maskless and crowd the bars on weekends.

Crisis reveals leadership. Dewine made some quick, sharp decisions early. Now, with the new school year pending & some numbers & headlines that are making people fearful he literally does nothing but spew platitudes. Be THEMan. Make a decision (100% masks in public) & enforce it ( no mass gatherings no matter what the cause is). This is why you were elected- to lead when it is required.
Because you can’t make it a law.

He for got to mention that Ohio is at it lowest 7 day moving average of deaths by day reported since early April.

1594860754729.png

Be a Governor for a day, week or months and be held accountable for your actions. Some of you act as if you are the foremost expert on how to handle this pandemic.

DeWine's MO throughout this mess has always been.....

A little at a time.... He always dropped hints, little ones, at his press briefings when this all started. A few days after the hint, came the "orders".

That's what tonight was all about. That and PR for him and Fran. However, it might have backfired as the Dems are honked off because he didn't shut things down and the Pubs. well, they've been pissed at him for 3 months.

Some of us are old enough to remember Jimmy Carter's "malaise speech". This beauty by Dewine blew right past that.

wear your masks so we can get back to normal people. too many people think they’re big and tough by not wearing a mask. wrong, you’re not. masks may not solve the problem completely but they absolutely help.
. . . masks may not solve the problem completely but they absolutely help.
Prove it

. . . masks may not solve the problem completely but they absolutely help.
Prove it

He needed to be very firm on what he said. We WILL shut down the state if the numbers don't improve in three weeks.
Could it be that he wasn't firm on vowing to threaten to shut down the state because he WON'T? Things were getting VERY ugly for that period of time things were shut down. Maybe he sees that as less than a viable option. So he's trying to stem the tide of the disease with personal mitigation as much as possible. Just a thought.

I know of two people who have accounted for at least 18 positive cases...yes, TWO people. When I see that kind of reporting, it shows me the entire system is outrageously skewed. So at the end of the day, no one knows any numbers. The only thing that’s been consistent throughout is really bad information.