Watching the leprechaun now.

Yorktown

Rah, Rah Rah..
Get to the POINT Leprechaun.

LMFAO.. take a drink of coffee before you ask us to wear masks...

Everyone wear mask for next 4-6 we win... My god this is a joke.
Wait masks aren’t enough....oh but just said we all wore them in 4-6 weeks it would be over.

How the hell did they find a sign language lady who is the female DeWine look a like?

We are BUCKEYES!

Oh my god that was it???????????????

So the news I’m watching summarized and said the Gov said to just wear masks..
No he also said don’t go visit you family, don’t go to a neighbor BBQ etc.

Much to do about nothing.

By the way there is a phone number to call to report someone or business not wearing mask.. maybe someone can post it here.
You snitches are to NOT call 911.

Last edited:

What a smug little liar. It's clear that Acton is still pulling the strings. She fooled him back in March and it looks like she's doing it again in July. Amazing.

I guess since Dr. Acton & Governor DeWine didn't get their apocalypse back in April they're getting us ready for the Armageddon about to descend on us in August.

What a childish appeal with almost no specifics. He misrepresented the severity of the pandemic and then threatened us with vague consequences should we not do everything we can. But he really didn't tell us what to do.

Sure he told us to ALL wear masks when in public! Then said that wouldn't be enough. Okay so what else do we need to do? I guess neighborhood cook outs, family reunions and kids play dates are off the table but he didn't actually tell us to social distance and avoid large groups. This must mean the protests are still okay. I mean DeWine let them go unchecked back in early June so it looks like they can do it again if they want.

And on the topic of masks DeWone cited some studies none of which claimed that there would be any benefit from mask wearing outdoors if you aren't near anyone. Yet DeWine seems to think that some guy walking a trail alone in Pike County needs to wear a mask to protect folks in the Hamilton County hot spot.

And no where did this clown tell us to pay close attention to symptoms. To self quarantine at the first sign of illness. Funny how this doesn't warrant even a mention.

I'm so sick of being lied to by this Governor and his health department.

And it takes a lot of gall for this man to try to guilt trip us over grandma's health when he and his team did NOTHING to protect Ohioans in Nursing Homes during the critical early stages of the pandemic.

What a smug little liar. It's clear that Acton is still pulling the strings. She fooled him back in March and it looks like she's doing it again in July. Amazing.

I guess since Dr. Acton & Governor DeWine didn't get their apocalypse back in April they're getting us ready for the Armageddon about to descend on us in August.

What a childish appeal with almost no specifics. He misrepresented the severity of the pandemic and then threatened us with vague consequences should we not do everything we can. But he really didn't tell us what to do.

Sure he told us to ALL wear masks when in public! Then said that wouldn't be enough. Okay so what else do we need to do? I guess neighborhood cook outs, family reunions and kids play dates are off the table but he didn't actually tell us to social distance and avoid large groups. This must mean the protests are still okay. I mean DeWine let them go unchecked back in early June so it looks like they can do it again if they want.

And on the topic of masks DeWone cited some studies none of which claimed that there would be any benefit from mask wearing outdoors if you aren't near anyone. Yet DeWine seems to think that some guy walking a trail alone in Pike County needs to wear a mask to protect folks in the Hamilton County hot spot.

And no where did this clown tell us to pay close attention to symptoms. To self quarantine at the first sign of illness. Funny how this doesn't warrant even a mention.

And it takes a lot of gall for this man to try to guilt trip us over grandma's health when he and his team did NOTHING to protect Ohioans in Nursing Homes during the critical early stages of the pandemic.
He is Rhino never Trumper dyck sucker along with the abortionist bong smoking acton. I will not give her last name a capital A even though she is a capital a. Enough people have followed like sheep everything this midget substitute teacher has said. It did not work. He needs to be shoved into a Waste Management dumpster and taken away. He is a failure.

136,500 corpses might disagree with all of the above.

how many of those 136,500 actually died of something else?
how many of those were murdered by Democratic Governors selling an agenda by putting Covid patients into nursing homes and choosing not to save others....?

Oh. The nursing home attack again. Is Greg Abbott your target now?

I’ve repeated this time and time again.
I for now will not go to certain places bar/restaurants or other places with crows where I am going to spend a lot of time.. Pretty much quarantine myself even though I’ve not been sick this whole time.
I have a very good reason for doing this that I have said before not getting into it here.

In yesterday’s gov talk, if everyone wears a mask we will be done with this in 4-6 weeks.
That is a f—en lie!
No how no way.
I not saying you shouldn’t wear a mask. Do what you want, but to hear such nonsense from a governor.

The Pandemic is real. What is also real, it is being used as a political tool.

"Midget substitute teacher" is one of the funniest things I've read on here in quite some time. Literally spit my drink all over my laptop.

I am curious as to why you think DeWine is trying to mislead the public? How exactly does he benefit in trying to convince people that the Coronavirus is serious and they should wear masks in public? He is certainly not doing it to increase his popularity so what reason do you think he has for doing this?

I am curious as to why you think DeWine is trying to mislead the public? How exactly does he benefit in trying to convince people that the Coronavirus is serious and they should wear masks in public? He is certainly not doing it to increase his popularity so what reason do you think he has for doing this?

I really don't know. All I can do is speculate so here goes:

Reason 1: He's a true believer. He's not trying to mislead us rather he thinks the covid pandemic is an existential threat to Ohio. He sincerely believes that mask wearing will protect us and head off the worst effects of the virus. In this he's been strongly influenced by Dr. Acton. DeWine is not well versed in science and data interpretation so he relied completely on his health department. His intentions are good but misplaced.

Counter to this: If he truly thought like this why doesn't he order the wearing of masks state wide? Why didn't he take a stronger stance against the protests which flagrantly ignored social distancing? If he really sees this as an existential threat then the economy should come last here and we should close back down. He talks like it's a crisis but doesn't really act like it's one.

Reason 2: He's covering his and the States . He knows he never should have shutdown as completely as he did. He was relying on pandemic data that was deeply flawed. Now Ohio will face significant economic issues for the next decade because of this decision. On top of that he screwed up in protecting nursing home residents. Seventy percent of those that have died from covid in Ohio lived in nursing homes. He should have reacted much more quickly to move supplies & resources from the hospitals to the nursing homes. The National Guard should been involved in early April not waiting until late June.

And this isn't hindsight talking. We knew that nursing homes were especially vulnerable. Remember how the first mass die off in the US was in a Washington State nursing home? All DeWine did was close down the nursing homes but left them to deal with this on their own and sadly allow old people to die alone.

By stretching out the covid crisis and keeping us afraid he distracts us from his and the States mistakes from early in the outbreak. They kind of get lost in the totality of the pandemic.

Reason 3: He's just not very good at his job.

I really don't know. All I can do is speculate so here goes:

Reason 1: He's a true believer. He's not trying to mislead us rather he thinks the covid pandemic is an existential threat to Ohio. He sincerely believes that mask wearing will protect us and head off the worst effects of the virus. In this he's been strongly influenced by Dr. Acton. DeWine is not well versed in science and data interpretation so he relied completely on his health department. His intentions are good but misplaced.

Counter to this: If he truly thought like this why doesn't he order the wearing of masks state wide? Why didn't he take a stronger stance against the protests which flagrantly ignored social distancing? If he really sees this as an existential threat then the economy should come last here and we should close back down. He talks like it's a crisis but doesn't really act like it's one.

Reason 2: He's covering his and the States . He knows he never should have shutdown as completely as he did. He was relying on pandemic data that was deeply flawed. Now Ohio will face significant economic issues for the next decade because of this decision. On top of that he screwed up in protecting nursing home residents. Seventy percent of those that have died from covid in Ohio lived in nursing homes. He should have reacted much more quickly to move supplies & resources from the hospitals to the nursing homes. The National Guard should been involved in early April not waiting until late June.

And this isn't hindsight talking. We knew that nursing homes were especially vulnerable. Remember how the first mass die off in the US was in a Washington State nursing home? All DeWine did was close down the nursing homes but left them to deal with this on their own and sadly allow old people to die alone.

By stretching out the covid crisis and keeping us afraid he distracts us from his and the States mistakes from early in the outbreak. They kind of get lost in the totality of the pandemic.

Reason 3: He's just not very good at his job.
Your response surprised me given your previous post that generated my question. In your previous post you said you were sick of being lied to by DeWine and his health department. That is what sparked my question, what is his reason for lying. Your first reason would mean he is not lying to the public. I tend to agree with your first post in that he truly believes these actions are for the good of the residents of the state of Ohio. Regardless of what one thinks of DeWine as a politician I think it is hard to challenge his track record and truly caring about people. I think he is a genuine person and not someone interested in self promotion and lining is own pockets through political life.

The other point you raise in reason 1 is a valid one. I think he caved to the political pressures when he quickly backed off making masks mandatory during the original shutdown. Remember he said they would be mandatory and retracted that a day later. Someone convinced him that was a bad move.

I don't fault DeWine for the Ohio nursing home deaths for a few reasons. First, unlike Cuomo, he did not issue any type of mandate that nursing homes had to accept Covid positive or even suspected patients from the hospitals. That decision was up to each nursing home operator. Secondly Ohio did not have a stockpile of PPE equipment. They relied (like all states) on the Strategic National Stockpile and when they received them distributed them quickly throughout the state. I have a unique insight into the Ohio Nursing home industry and can tell you that the spread of Covid 19 was random and happened in spite of best efforts of nursing home operators. I know one nursing home owner with multiple facilities who took the exact same precautions in multiple buildings some of which had big outbreaks and some with no cases. It came down to having an asymptomatic employee come to work and spread it. Once it was in a building it was a challenge to stop the spread. None of that was DeWine's fault.

As for reason 2 you are suggesting he is doubling down on the warnings to cover his from being wrong the first time. That assumes he thinks his decisions were wrong to shut down the state and I don't believe he does think they were wrong. As for the National Guard being involved, they are involved now in providing tests, but they were not involved sooner because there were not enough tests available for wide spread testing.

I don't buy number two as a reason.

Number 3 I am a bit confused on. Basically this comes down to your first two answers. Either he believes he is doing the right thing, or he is doubling down to somehow cover his . Lets face it this does not benefit him politically. If the economy does not rebound it will cost him at the polls. So enforcing masks and even doing another shut down has very little upside politically.

I think she might be doing more than "fooling" him, if you ask me.

Your response surprised me given your previous post that generated my question. In your previous post you said you were sick of being lied to by DeWine and his health department. That is what sparked my question, what is his reason for lying. Your first reason would mean he is not lying to the public. I tend to agree with your first post in that he truly believes these actions are for the good of the residents of the state of Ohio. Regardless of what one thinks of DeWine as a politician I think it is hard to challenge his track record and truly caring about people. I think he is a genuine person and not someone interested in self promotion and lining is own pockets through political life.

The other point you raise in reason 1 is a valid one. I think he caved to the political pressures when he quickly backed off making masks mandatory during the original shutdown. Remember he said they would be mandatory and retracted that a day later. Someone convinced him that was a bad move.

I don't fault DeWine for the Ohio nursing home deaths for a few reasons. First, unlike Cuomo, he did not issue any type of mandate that nursing homes had to accept Covid positive or even suspected patients from the hospitals. That decision was up to each nursing home operator. Secondly Ohio did not have a stockpile of PPE equipment. They relied (like all states) on the Strategic National Stockpile and when they received them distributed them quickly throughout the state. I have a unique insight into the Ohio Nursing home industry and can tell you that the spread of Covid 19 was random and happened in spite of best efforts of nursing home operators. I know one nursing home owner with multiple facilities who took the exact same precautions in multiple buildings some of which had big outbreaks and some with no cases. It came down to having an asymptomatic employee come to work and spread it. Once it was in a building it was a challenge to stop the spread. None of that was DeWine's fault.

As for reason 2 you are suggesting he is doubling down on the warnings to cover his from being wrong the first time. That assumes he thinks his decisions were wrong to shut down the state and I don't believe he does think they were wrong. As for the National Guard being involved, they are involved now in providing tests, but they were not involved sooner because there were not enough tests available for wide spread testing.

I don't buy number two as a reason.

Number 3 I am a bit confused on. Basically this comes down to your first two answers. Either he believes he is doing the right thing, or he is doubling down to somehow cover his . Lets face it this does not benefit him politically. If the economy does not rebound it will cost him at the polls. So enforcing masks and even doing another shut down has very little upside politically.

Fair point. But DeWine's actions have confused me. To be clear it's not so much that DeWine lies to us as it's a case where he passes along the lies his health department tells him. In other words in describing the covid outbreak I think DeWine is guilty of conveying misinformation and lying by omission. But then again DeWine may not know better.

For example when DeWine states emphatically that there's no scientific argument that mask wearing doesn't work he's referring to studies involving mask wearing in HEALTH CARE situations. In these studies the best we see are 50% reductions in virus transmissions. However when you look at the reduction in viral transmission with mask wearing by the general public there is very little evidence it helps much.

So while mask wearing by all of us as we go about our business MAY help a bit is it really likely to stem the tide of this highly infectious virus?

I do blame DeWine & Acton for the huge number of nursing home deaths. They could have done what Governor DeSantis did in Florida where he created 12 special covid nursing homes where the elderly could be isolated yet receive nursing home care. And by mid April DeWine should have been pushing what testing & PPE we had available to the nursing homes using the National Guard as the conduit. Instead they were very evasive in answering questions about how many Ohioans were dying in nursing homes at that time. The reporter from Mansfield basically caught Acton lying and saying only about 25% of Ohio's covid deaths were in nursing homes when the number at the time was over70%.

I think the reason that DeWine hasn't shut back down is that he recognizes that the collateral damage to Ohio would be worse then anything the covid can do to us. My guess is that he got a good look at the catastrophic drop in state and local tax & fee revenue and realized the state could go under if he kept us locked down much longer.

In this DeWine made the right choice. On the other hand he had to keep us vigilant about the virus so he's appealed to us do what his advisers tell him we should be doing. That he isn't ordering another shutdown tells me he thinks that ultimately the current surge in virus cases it isn't as bad as shutting down again.

Are we going to build around Ohio's borders to keep out possibly infected people?

I get your point. But what do you say to this recent report by the head of the CDC that the big jump in cases down south has less to do with their reopening and more to do with Northerners bringing the virus down to them on vacation?

I’ve repeated this time and time again.
I for now will not go to certain places bar/restaurants or other places with crows where I am going to spend a lot of time.. Pretty much quarantine myself even though I’ve not been sick this whole time.
I have a very good reason for doing this that I have said before not getting into it here.

In yesterday’s gov talk, if everyone wears a mask we will be done with this in 4-6 weeks.
That is a f—en lie!
No how no way.
I not saying you shouldn’t wear a mask. Do what you want, but to hear such nonsense from a governor.

The Pandemic is real. What is also real, it is being used as a political tool.

Don't disagree with most of what you wrote but what is his political advantage here? If we were talking about someone totally opposed to the President, I could paranoi up some reasons and means someone was using this for political gain but in DeWine's case, I can't fathom it up. He knows he's pizzing people off. He's not unaware. How is his pizzing everyone off by being realistic (let's say his version of it, to not feed those easily distracted) helping his political career?

Fair point. But DeWine's actions have confused me. To be clear it's not so much that DeWine lies to us as it's a case where he passes along the lies his health department tells him. In other words in describing the covid outbreak I think DeWine is guilty of conveying misinformation and lying by omission. But then again DeWine may not know better.

For example when DeWine states emphatically that there's no scientific argument that mask wearing doesn't work he's referring to studies involving mask wearing in HEALTH CARE situations. In these studies the best we see are 50% reductions in virus transmissions. However when you look at the reduction in viral transmission with mask wearing by the general public there is very little evidence it helps much.

So while mask wearing by all of us as we go about our business MAY help a bit is it really likely to stem the tide of this highly infectious virus?

I do blame DeWine & Acton for the huge number of nursing home deaths. They could have done what Governor DeSantis did in Florida where he created 12 special covid nursing homes where the elderly could be isolated yet receive nursing home care. And by mid April DeWine should have been pushing what testing & PPE we had available to the nursing homes using the National Guard as the conduit. Instead they were very evasive in answering questions about how many Ohioans were dying in nursing homes at that time. The reporter from Mansfield basically caught Acton lying and saying only about 25% of Ohio's covid deaths were in nursing homes when the number at the time was over70%.

I think the reason that DeWine hasn't shut back down is that he recognizes that the collateral damage to Ohio would be worse then anything the covid can do to us. My guess is that he got a good look at the catastrophic drop in state and local tax & fee revenue and realized the state could go under if he kept us locked down much longer.

In this DeWine made the right choice. On the other hand he had to keep us vigilant about the virus so he's appealed to us do what his advisers tell him we should be doing. That he isn't ordering another shutdown tells me he thinks that ultimately the current surge in virus cases it isn't as bad as shutting down again.

To illustrate how difficult it is, despite best efforts, to stop the spread in nursing homes let me share some data using your example of Florida. To begin with in mid to late May the state started transfering Covid positive residents from nursing homes to hospitals. A proactive step and one they could afford to do at the time because there were not a lot of cases putting a strain on hospitals. Later they started working with some nursing homes to create some Covid only facilities. Now lets compare the numbers in Florida to those of Ohio.

Total Nursing Home Residents (as of 2017 Kasier Family Foundation) Covid 19 nursing home resident deaths

Florida 72,741 1,819 (as of June 30)

Ohio 73,821 1,777 (as of July 15)

Ohio actually has considerably more nursing homes (roughly 950) to Florida's (roughly 650)

So with similar nursing home populations Florida has slightly more nursing home deaths. This in spite of the efforts you refer to from Gov DeSantis. So again I don't fault DeWine for nursing home deaths.

To illustrate how difficult it is, despite best efforts, to stop the spread in nursing homes let me share some data using your example of Florida. To begin with in mid to late May the state started transfering Covid positive residents from nursing homes to hospitals. A proactive step and one they could afford to do at the time because there were not a lot of cases putting a strain on hospitals. Later they started working with some nursing homes to create some Covid only facilities. Now lets compare the numbers in Florida to those of Ohio.

Total Nursing Home Residents (as of 2017 Kasier Family Foundation) Covid 19 nursing home resident deaths

Florida 72,741 1,819 (as of June 30)

Ohio 73,821 1,777 (as of July 15)

Ohio actually has considerably more nursing homes (roughly 950) to Florida's (roughly 650)

So with similar nursing home populations Florida has slightly more nursing home deaths. This in spite of the efforts you refer to from Gov DeSantis. So again I don't fault DeWine for nursing home deaths.

Never said it was easy. But DeWine & Acton hid the carnage in Ohio's nursing homes from the rest of us. The reporter from Mansfield that Cunningham interviews every week is the one that caught them.

The % of those that died in Ohio's nursing homes is about TWICE that of Florida. That difference could have at least been cut in half had DeWine flowed underused resources from the hospitals to the nursing homes. Using the National Guard in April to redistribute these supplies and provide boots on the ground to help the nursing homes in April would have made a big difference.

There is also the matter of simple compassion. Knowing that so many nursing home residents were dying alone without their loved ones around them DeWine could have made a special effort to help the nursing homes figure out a way to bring families together in the last days of life. These efforts would have required special efforts but it could have been done. But it wasn't and the governor owns this.

Never said it was easy. But DeWine & Acton hid the carnage in Ohio's nursing homes from the rest of us. The reporter from Mansfield that Cunningham interviews every week is the one that caught them.

The % of those that died in Ohio's nursing homes is about TWICE that of Florida. That difference could have at least been cut in half had DeWine flowed underused resources from the hospitals to the nursing homes. Using the National Guard in April to redistribute these supplies and provide boots on the ground to help the nursing homes in April would have made a big difference.

There is also the matter of simple compassion. Knowing that so many nursing home residents were dying alone without their loved ones around them DeWine could have made a special effort to help the nursing homes figure out a way to bring families together in the last days of life. These efforts would have required special efforts but it could have been done. But it wasn't and the governor owns this.

How are you coming up with that figure? The number of deaths and number of residents in both states is virtually the same. Both states have roughly 73,000 residents living in nursing homes and both have roughly 1,800 deaths so how is Ohio twice that of Florida?

After DeWine passed his order restricting visitors all Ohio nursing homes adopted similar strategies to help slow the spread. These included
- a screening of all employees entering the building (questions and temperature)
- protocols for treating patients who were suspected or had tested positive. These involved moving them to a private room and having all
employees who entered their room to be wearing protective gear including N95 masks, gowns, gloves and eye protection
In spite of very similar precautions you had a wide range of outcomes across the state. If you look at organizations that own/operate more than one nursing home many of them had a building or two with large outbreaks while others had no one testing positive. It often came down to dumb luck, which often meant an employee who was asymptomatic bringing it into the nursing home.

Ohio distributed PPE equipment throughout the state as soon as they received it from the National Stockpile. The National Guard got involved with testing once test kits became widely available. I don't put any of the nursing home deaths on DeWine