Tim Stried OHSAA Interview on Football in Fall/Snodgrass/Racial Justice

They did the same thing this Spring. I don't know what to tell you but there won't be fall sports. And after today, where news broke about three teachers that shared a classroom testing positive...including one that died and one that's still recovering. The wore masks, social distance and used sanitizer.

So do we now move to the...what's an acceptable amount of teacher/staff as well as student deaths are we OK with? I'm not good with any if they can be prevented.
Yeah. I guess Tim Stried was making it up.....which is what the thread is all about. Take a listen. Come to your own conclusion. Not on here for an argument of your opinion. Stating the facts that were in the radio interview. Opinions don't really matter when facts are given. As of yesterday, there is no change in the OHSAA stance. We will have sports if the governor allows. Whether that happens, will likely be announced sooner than later.

If people in Ohio wear masks and don't act stupid then we might have some regular school and fall sports.

Wait. Release her from prison? This can't be. I thought masks prevented COVID-19?

Never said prevented.

Good old Mayo Clinic

How about Stanford

No one is saying that masks prevent COVID...it helps slow the spread. I am sorry some doctors don't keep up with research from experts.

Looks like season is on.

???? Hope you are right, but he said they were going to let the AD's and schools know soon what the plan is, in addition that (his) confidence level that things will start Aug. 1 from a persona standpoint ... "being open and honest, I'm nervous about what's going on." Have to continue to trust medical experts and do all possible to follow guidelines.

So I'm not sure what we are jumping at here.

Baseball, softball, AAU, school basketball has been going on for quite some time now. No problems.

???? Hope you are right, but he said they were going to let the AD's and schools know soon what the plan is, in addition that (his) confidence level that things will start Aug. 1 from a persona standpoint ... "being open and honest, I'm nervous about what's going on." Have to continue to trust medical experts and do all possible to follow guidelines.

teleconference sounds like he is sure the OHSAA will hold sports and tournaments for any district that wants to play and we will be looking to health departments for guidance on protocol for Covid. What happens in each individual district, and home, etc. will be up to the school boards and the parents. We will be playing ball.

Now it’s time for some hard hitting questions on how to truly get through this season. When will Joe Eitel update his site?

Haha! He's going to have it tough if some schools don't play ball. There will be some juggling of regions.

Baseball, softball, AAU, school basketball has been going on for quite some time now. No problems.
We don't know of any COVID-19 problems directly related to travel baseball or softball, but, again, these are massive clusters of fans that travel every weekend from all over Ohio with reports of no masks being worn and little social distancing. COVID-19 cases are still surging in Ohio. It can't be ruled out, at all, that a connection could exist.

I will say, I think he answered questions to make it sound like SOME places COULD play, it was if he passed the buck to local schools, feather in Jaws and CKnight cap, however he contradicted himself like 10 times (you guys can't deny that).

- He said, "we are nervous, we still are taking a look at what other states are doing?", "we are taking ideas from all over", "we aren't sure what virtual learning for schools and how that would effect the schedule", "We don't know how playoffs would work", "there is a possibility of this to change if the governor pulls those orders".

He seemed extremely disorganized, said things that sounded like things were looking good for August 1st yet at the same time not a final answer.

I don't know, would love to hear other people's opinions. In my opinion? Should not have had this discussion, was extremely confusing.

Sure is. Just like it always is.

One nuance. Dewine has to give the thumbs up.

I won't lie, that's kind of what I got out of it too, it was like, "uh, we can play, or at least if school districts allow to play, we will do it, as long as the governor says so, however, we have no plan in place for what happens if schools aren't fielding teams, also, we really need the money"

It was pretty wild. I totally agree, it's as if they plan on throwing DeWine under the bus, letting him make the calls, and even more so, makes me asl the question, what does the OHSAA even really do other than provide officials and trophies after a playoff they rake in money?

Well that and the fact there hasn't been any guidance whatsoever about how they plan to play sports. Just say we plan to go as normal on Aug 1. And we all know that's not happening. In fact more issues just keep coming up. The plan is they have no plan and they want to blame DeWine when the OHSAA shows no leadership.

So when does the OHSAA Board of Directors plan to make a decision on this?

You would think these clowns would have said that after rambling everything we all want to hear...KIND OF.

Today's conference was unbelievable if you look up the quotes on Twitter. They passed the buck to both the governor and local school districts, which sucks, we are 17 days from football.

They do have a meeting on 7\16. They shouldn't have even said anything today.

I believe he was trying to say everything without saying everything because Dewine has yet to make his announcement. There's a very good chance that there was no 2pm presser today because the OHSAA has to get this word out to all member schools before Dewine officially makes the call. Goldring also had some tough "hypothetical" questions to answer about whether any spring sports could be moved. He basically said it how it was. Whomever wants to play.....will play. But he couldn't say it without Dewine's announcement first. Indications point towards Thursday having a very big announcement for school sports.

At this point, its almost concluded. Those that want to play ball will be playing ball.

Well that and the fact there hasn't been any guidance whatsoever about how they plan to play sports. Just say we plan to go as normal on Aug 1. And we all know that's not happening. In fact more issues just keep coming up. The plan is they have no plan and they want to blame DeWine when the OHSAA shows no leadership.
I'd love to see your hierarchical chart.

I tell you what, I at least have been tricked into thinking there is a chance some places can play this Fall, however, I mean seriously thinking of NW Ohio, how about some guidance for every other Fall sport that has scrimmages and games much earlier than football? All of us coaches are trying to have our players prepared for week 1 scrimmage training wise. They delay things, that really causes a lot of issues, not to mention, changing one game in a schedule is a lot of work, compared to say 4-5. What a mess, what a bunch of bozos.

I believe he was trying to say everything without saying everything because Dewine has yet to make his announcement. There's a very good chance that there was no 2pm presser today because the OHSAA has to get this word out to all member schools before Dewine officially makes the call. Goldring also had some tough "hypothetical" questions to answer about whether any spring sports could be moved. He basically said it how it was. Whomever wants to play.....will play. But he couldn't say it without Dewine's announcement first. Indications point towards Thursday having a very big announcement for school sports.

At this point, its almost concluded. Those that want to play ball will be playing ball.

I agree, but it's pretty late in the game to just make that call. I don't think DeWine cancelled in regards to this, or even cares about Fall Sports to be honest. The fact our state has been put on the New York\Tri-State Quarantine list today is pretty damn bad, I assume it was about that. However, we apparently will be openings schools and playing football, at least I stand corrected or feel like it, and admit it!

The OHSAA has no authority to cancel fall sports. Dewine could. Local school districts could. So what exactly is the OHSAA supposed to say? They can't mandate covid testing, or anything like that. Again, Dewine could, local school districts could. They're middle manned here and have no real power when everyone thinks they do.

You would think these clowns would have said that after rambling everything we all want to hear...KIND OF.

Today's conference was unbelievable if you look up the quotes on Twitter. They passed the buck to both the governor and local school districts, which sucks, we are 17 days from football.

They do have a meeting on 7\16. They shouldn't have even said anything today.
If they pass buck onto the districts, then that's the definition of convenience.

Below are developments I've heard today about three Columbus-adjacent districts and their reopening plans...

District A: will NOT be five days a week in-person; students will have the option to do entirely online learning. Students who opt for in-person will be broken into "A" and "B" cohorts, where "A" will be in-person M,Tues, and online W, TR, F... and "B" will be online M, Tues, and in-person W, TR, F.
the district has four levels: Green, Yellow, Orange and Red. They will start the year in the "Yellow" level with this plan, to be adjusted when necessary per the state of COVID-19 pandemic levels.

District B: is expected to go entirely online for this coming fall if COVID-19 cases surge in their part of the county.

District C: will offer online learning. The in-person instruction will be five days a week with students spaced "three feet away from another." No option for blended learning, students have to commit to one or the other by August 1st.

FWIW, at least two of the best five Columbus area big school programs are described above.

So help me out here, OHSAA says we're playing ball-and that's it, end of story? I had no clue it was that simple.
What there saying I believe is, " Play ball. But we dont control that, DeWine and local administrations will make that final answer. But, the OHSAA must prepare itself internally as if things are going on as normal".

Another way, since Dewine has not said yea/na, and local admins have not said yea/na, OHSAA must assume yea. I really hope its yea, our kids need it.