Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonshadow

If there is no season are non-seniors free agents or do you think they will invoke their status from last year? Technically, in a no season scenario, they didn't play for said team this year.

Technically, in a no season scenario, they didn't play for said team this year.
If a student transfers at any time after commencing the ninth-grade year, the student shall be eligible, insofar as transfer is concerned, ONLY until the first 50% of the maximum allowable varsity regular season contests have been competed in those sports in which the student participated during the 12 months immediately preceding this transfer.

A kid who participated in baseball, tennis, lacrosse or track and field as a sophomore in 2019 for School 'A' could participate in any of those sports for the whole season as a senior in 2021 for School 'B." If football is not played in 2020, then the privilege is extended for students who last played in 2019 to play for a new school without penalty for 2021.

If a student transfers at any time after commencing the ninth-grade year, the student shall be eligible, insofar as transfer is concerned, ONLY until the first 50% of the maximum allowable varsity regular season contests have been competed in those sports in which the student participated during the 12 months immediately preceding this transfer.

A kid who participated in baseball, tennis, lacrosse or track and field as a sophomore in 2019 for School 'A' could participate in any of those sports for the whole season as a senior in 2021 for School 'B." If football is not played in 2020, then the privilege is extended for students who last played in 2019 to play for a new school without penalty for 2021.
Open season for Jeffy!

I expect them to come out with a provision and changing it to the last season that was conducted.

No one Evey would have anticipated this cirvumstance.

I expect them to come out with a provision and changing it to the last season that was conducted.

No one Evey would have anticipated this cirvumstance.

No. The last thing the OHSAA wants is to litigate a bunch of transfer appeals after this. They would like to stay out of transfer policy in general. This gives them good cover to do so.

Some schools establish an area to draw students from, that has created all-star teams, that cause them problems filling a schedule. Other schools enrollment put them in small schools divisions, while they draw from areas that create an unlevel playing field.

Massillon in a like manner has taken advantage of the OHSAA by-laws to draw students, that will even the playing field, yet the hypocrites on this board mischaracterize Massillon as if they are the only team, in the state, that is using the rules to their advantage!

Schools that provide a superior environment for academic and athletic success are going to draw students, to those schools. Coach Moore is aware of the situation he is in and what it will take to compete, with the best in the state. Welcome to your nightmare, trolls!

Last edited:
Some schools establish an area to draw students from, that has created all-star teams, that cause them problems filling a schedule. Other schools enrollment put them in small schools divisions, while they draw from areas that create an unlevel playing field.

Massillon in a like manner has taken advantage of the OHSAA by-laws to draw students, that will even the playing field, yet the hypocrites on this board mischaracterize Massillon as if they are the only team, in the state, that is using the rules to their advantage!

Schools that provide a superior environment for academic and athletic success are going to draw students, to those schools. Coach Moore is aware of the situation he is in and what it will take to compete, with the best in the state. Welcome to your nightmare, trolls!
And still no State Championship in 50 years. Smh

As coaches they need to be better or they have no shot no matter how many players they have. You seen is vs LaSalle, vs St Edward in scrimmage. Moments vs Hoban, they get out coached at times.

Massillon.

Show me where the OHSAA makes a distinction, troll?! Then try the same idiotic argument, with the college football poll champions!

Your attempts to destroy the Massillon tradition, make you look like fools. Now Nate Moore has turned the program around and has found a way to take advantage of the rules. The way other schools did, to dominate the playoffs. Of course you imbeciles don't mention schools that take advantage of an uneven playing field, thinking we'll ignore that, to defend the Massillon tradition, that needs no defense!

In little league Taiwan's success was said to have surpassed our national pastime, till they were investigated and found to be selecting teams from 150,000 while US teams were limited to 15,000.

Sounds familiar to me. WHO HAS THE TAINTED CHAMPIONSHIPS. I think everyone knows the answer to that question!

1594688485717.png

Last edited:
Show me where the OHSAA makes a distinction, troll?! Then try the same idiotic argument, with the college football poll champions!

View attachment 8340
I d0 the same with c0llege. Bef0re at least the BCS titles the NC were pretty much a a farse.

Call me a tr0ll all y0u want. I d0nt care. My sch66l has legit 0n the field titles.

The OHSAA record book defines you as haters, who have no legitimate argument. The fact you try and include the college football champions, only shows the extent of your hate / ignorance!

We've heard the same arguments for years and we know the extent of the hate has an inverse relationship, to the lack of intelligence of those making it.

When you ignore the record book and attempt to smear Rockne, Wilkinson, Hayes, etc. you trolls are the fools, your baseless arguments make you out to be!

The trolls on here hate Massillon and have been looking for an excuse to discredit the entire Massillon tradition.

Unfortunately for them their opinion is just that it isn't supported by the OHSAA Records which include poll champions.

The fact you mindless repeating the same posts aren't supported and in fact the failure of these trolls to include the college FB poll champions defines them as the haters they are.

Last edited:

Your attempts to destroy the Massillon tradition, make you look like fools. Now Nate Moore has turned the program around and has found a way to take advantage of the rules. The way other schools did, to dominate the playoffs. Of course you imbeciles don't mention schools that take advantage of an uneven playing field, thinking we'll ignore that, to defend the Massillon tradition, that needs no defense!

In little league Taiwan's success was said to have surpassed our national pastime, till they were investigated and found to be selecting teams from 150,000 while US teams were limited to 15,000.

Sounds familiar to me. WHO HAS THE TAINTED CHAMPIONSHIPS. I think everyone knows the answer to that question!

View attachment 8340
Trolls...why so defensive? Massillon is in the same boat as the Browns. Really think about it.
The Browns have not won a SuperBowl since the SB era has started.
Massillon has not won a State Championship since playoffs started.
I am sure people respect that old history just like we respect Jim Brown and those old teams, but it is just is what it is man.
It is 2020. You can change it by winning.

Massillon has the fans, facility, funds, the Nike Elite deal. Time will really tell on the Staff and if they are back, and a consistent competitive program. There are 6-7 FBS players on the Offense. You are clear cut favorites to win on paper. How do the translate that talent to coaching? The have room for error with so much talent. How do they follow up when all those players are gone?

Although I unfortunately agree that the only way Massillon can compete is to draw in athletes I still hate what HS football and basketball has become. Massillon has one of the best stadiums, indoor practice facility, weightroom, uniforms and extras, booster club, so kids are naturally going to want to go there. But I also believe (not a Massillon poster on the planet will man up and admit) there are more things happening to bring in some athletes. I also hate how Massillon posters pound their chests at how much better they are than everyone else but they aren't even winning with their own kids so when you bring in 5-6 studs (or more) which is huge, of course your going to be better than a community that world doesn't stop at HS football.

Although I unfortunately agree that the only way Massillon can compete is to draw in athletes I still hate what HS football and basketball has become. Massillon has one of the best stadiums, indoor practice facility, weightroom, uniforms and extras, booster club, so kids are naturally going to want to go there. But I also believe (not a Massillon poster on the planet will man up and admit) there are more things happening to bring in some athletes. I also hate how Massillon posters pound their chests at how much better they are than everyone else but they aren't even winning with their own kids so when you bring in 5-6 studs (or more) which is huge, of course your going to be better than a community that world doesn't stop at HS football.

How many transfers has Green received in the various girls/boys sports the last few years?

Hoban and LaSalle have won the last 7 D2 titles but but but Massillon. Gee sorry bass10 we wouldn't want to upset the apple cart, lol. Worry about Green dufus.

How many transfers has Green received in the various girls/boys sports the last few years?
My son and daughter have been gone for quite some time so I'm a bit removed but I'm sure there have been move ins but I will say with 100% certainty there haven't been any in boys basketball the past ten years, lost some though. Green uses the open enrollment for what it was designed for IMO.

Hoban and LaSalle have won the last 7 D2 titles but but but Massillon. Gee sorry bass10 we wouldn't want to upset the apple cart, lol. Worry about Green dufus.
And this is why all Massillon threads get shut down and nobody can have a civil discussion with them. Might as well go converse with BLM idiots. Massillon dufus.

My son and daughter have been gone for quite some time so I'm a bit removed but I'm sure there have been move ins but I will say with 100% certainty there haven't been any in boys basketball the past ten years, lost some though. Green uses the open enrollment for what it was designed for IMO.

If your school district allows transfers, through open enrollment, then Green gets new students regardless which extra-curricular activities benefit. Then, why do you criticize the MCSD for the same thing? Is it because it’s football? Not fair.

The sport has nothing to do with it. This is high school football. You play with the kids you grow up with and occasionally you get a transfer that is a player. Massillon treats it like college football and addresses their needs each year. If I remember correctly, you lost a lot of lineman to graduation. How many of the transfers happen to be linemen? Minimum 7 transfers lends to questions. Technically it isn't wrong, just not how most choose to run their programs. Food for thought: Chemistry can be an important part of any team. Do any tiger fans think that bringing in that many ringers can lead to a toxic locker room?

I contend Massillon is more like an Academy for football rather than a public high school. With that said, that's the type of institutions they should be competing against and comparing themselves to.

If your school district allows transfers, through open enrollment, then Green gets new students regardless which extra-curricular activities benefit. Then, why do you criticize the MCSD for the same thing? Is it because it’s football? Not fair.
I am keeping this civil since 82 is on timeout and JLP hasn't shown up yet there is a slight chance. So if a girl from the Springfield district is struggling academically and socially and her parents decide to OE to Green which is right next door, she happens to be a reserve on the varsity girls golf team. This IMO is what OE was designed for. Do you think this is the same thing as another district having 10 new starters on the football team with 5 having college offers, they also drive past 3 districts with a better state report card for academics. I am not saying this scenario exists exactly like this so understand I am asking if it were like this?

I don't believe the OE was designed for schools to stack their football team. On the other side its not right that the Catholics get to work with a stacked deck as well. I mean come on Tyrell shows up and they suddenly are a state power? No he knows what he can do other schools cannot.

I am keeping this civil since 82 is on timeout and JLP hasn't shown up yet there is a slight chance. So if a girl from the Springfield district is struggling academically and socially and her parents decide to OE to Green which is right next door, she happens to be a reserve on the varsity girls golf team. This IMO is what OE was designed for. Do you think this is the same thing as another district having 10 new starters on the football team with 5 having college offers, they also drive past 3 districts with a better state report card for academics. I am not saying this scenario exists exactly like this so understand I am asking if it were like this?

Evidently your school board doesn’t feel the same way. If your schools allow open enrollment, it doesn’t matter the reasons parents use. Maybe your board should change their OP policy?

Evidently your school board doesn’t feel the same way. If your schools allow open enrollment, it doesn’t matter the reasons parents use. Maybe your board should change their OP policy?
Maxie, change their policy from what to what? I've used this scenario in the past. When OE first came about Mo Tipton went to coach Coventry, he quickly used this loophole to form his team, QB from Barberton, Receiver from Norton, approx. 5 from Akron city (James Harrison), and a few others. They were immediately a winning team. The parents ran him out after 2 years and the transfers all went back to their home schools. All I'm saying is that's how easy it is if districts choose to allow and want that to happen but most use it for what it was designed for.

Status
Not open for further replies.