What are Cleveland Bard Early College and Campus International?

Magnet schools within Cleveland Metro SD. Early College is an initiative throughout the state. These schools I think are mandated to be associated with a University, better if on campus. They have as the name states, early college courses. Kids graduate sometimes with a couple years of credits already in the books. I had to google Campus International. That looks to be a K-8 feeder for Early College.

Had to ggogle a bit, Cleveland Municipal appears to have more than one Early College. Bard is on the westside and associates with Bard College. That's in NY. That strikes me as more of a charter school but the website says "Cleveland Municipal." Cleveland Early College is on the Eastside at John Hay and associates with Cleveland St, Kent and Kenyon. There's a 3rd nearer the center, Design Lab, which doesn't really seem part of the Early College program. Looks more to be pre-engineering.

Schools like this don't normally have their own teams. I believe kids would play for their designated district team.

Last edited:
Schools like this don't normally have their own teams. I believe kids would play for their designated district team.
I’m not able to confirm this at the moment but I believe Bard does play basketball and John Hay now plays under campus international.

Both are new OHSAA members which I assume triggered your question. They are not renamed Cleveland high schools. The website for the Senate Athletic League (Cleveland Metropolitan Schools) shows both as members. In basketball, they were in the Blue Division this past season with John Hay, Lincoln-West, Max Hayes, Collinwood (didn't realize they were no longer an OHSAA member), and Whitney Young (non-OHSAA). Bard Early College's website also shows them as a member of the Lake Effect Conference which includes a mixture of OHSAA and non-OHSAA schools. Saw some of their scores from the '19-'20 season and it doesn't appear they played all the schools in that conference. The Cleveland Campus International "Upper School" opened in '17-'18 and will have their first graduating class in '20-'21. Looks like Campus International is located in a new building on the CSU campus.

Last edited: