Dayton D3 Boys Soccer

FOOTY10

From the looks of it D3 is down in the Dayton area this year but a big game tonight between # 3 Troy Christian and #11 Dayton Christian. From what I remember Dayton Christian has led this match up for some time. Anyone have any predictions / insights on the game tonight?

From the looks of it D3 is down in the Dayton area this year but a big game tonight between # 3 Troy Christian and #11 Dayton Christian. From what I remember Dayton Christian has led this match up for some time. Anyone have any predictions / insights on the game tonight?
In recent history, its been pretty evenly matched. Last three games it is 1-1-1. 3 goals to 3 goals. Long term history, sure, DC has the upper hand. TC really didn't come on until 3-4 years ago.

Both teams are fairly young this year. I think DC is younger after graduating what they did last year.

That being said, its a rivalry game so all bets are off.

TC 1 - DC 0. Walk off goal with about :55 remaining!

Ragged game. Surprised with the lack of discipline on the DC side.

Dayton Christian is down from last year, that's for sure with a new coach and lots of graduates. From what I've seen they haven't really jelled as a team and they are moving players around to different positions to find good fits.

Troy Christian is 79th (6th in Ohio D-3) in the Maher rankings as the best Dayton D-3 school right now even with the loss to Seven Hills. But their strength of schedule isn't all that great (449 in the state) so their performance is a bit tough to gauge.

Dayton Christian is down from last year, that's for sure with a new coach and lots of graduates. From what I've seen they haven't really jelled as a team and they are moving players around to different positions to find good fits.

Troy Christian is 79th (6th in Ohio D-3) in the Maher rankings as the best Dayton D-3 school right now even with the loss to Seven Hills. But their strength of schedule isn't all that great (449 in the state) so their performance is a bit tough to gauge.
TC loss to Botkins last night. Don't know any details just saw the score.

TC 1 - DC 0. Walk off goal with about :55 remaining!

Ragged game. Surprised with the lack of discipline on the DC side.
With your comment lack of discipline were you meaning on the field positionally or players (and/or coaches) out of it mentally or mouthy.

TC loss to Botkins last night. Don't know any details just saw the score.

Botkins is undefeated (8 wins 2 ties) but their strength of schedule is 924 in the state. I find it hard to compare a lot of these smaller schools with such different schedules. In many cases, you can't find any common opponents... I guess this is one reason the tournament is unpredictable.

Here is a story from the game: https://www.sidneydailynews.com/spo...s-still-rolling-after-win-over-troy-christian

Botkins is undefeated (8 wins 2 ties) but their strength of schedule is 924 in the state. I find it hard to compare a lot of these smaller schools with such different schedules. In many cases, you can't find any common opponents... I guess this is one reason the tournament is unpredictable.

Here is a story from the game: https://www.sidneydailynews.com/spo...s-still-rolling-after-win-over-troy-christian
Thanks for the link to the story. Botkins is usually a good team but their schedule is filled with teams up their way. And from the looks of some of those scores, a lot of those teams aren't very good. So hard to gauge. I'd say right now they are the # 1 team in Dayton. I think TC will end-up being team that makes it furthest in the tournament though this year.

Perhaps they will. Feels like all of D-3 is down again this year. I like Mariemont out of the Southwest to go to state semis.

Yes. Mariemont seems to be the front runner out of the SW. I don't know if its that D3 is down as much as more balanced? Maybe a little of both.

Had CCD remained in D3 this year I think they would have been the ones to beat.

Don’t sleep on West Liberty-Salem. I think 9-0-2 against a tougher schedule than Botkins . Bottom line is Dayton area is basically wide open between Botkins,WL-S, DC,Tc and whoever else is playing well that night. But anybody going to state has to get thru the Cincy teams and that is a tough road even without SCD.

Don’t sleep on West Liberty-Salem. I think 9-0-2 against a tougher schedule than Botkins . Bottom line is Dayton area is basically wide open between Botkins,WL-S, DC,Tc and whoever else is playing well that night. But anybody going to state has to get thru the Cincy teams and that is a tough road even without SCD.
Yes. WLS appears to be a very good team. Some common opponents as Botkins. Maybe a little tougher schedule.

But I will say this...last year was the first year without SCD in D3....and a Dayton team is who represented the SW at state. Maybe the Cincy teams should be more concerned about the Dayton teams. :unsure: (There used to be a pot stirring emoji that I wanted to use here).

Yes. WLS appears to be a very good team. Some common opponents as Botkins. Maybe a little tougher schedule.

But I will say this...last year was the first year without SCD in D3....and a Dayton team is who represented the SW at state. Maybe the Cincy teams should be more concerned about the Dayton teams. :unsure: (There used to be a pot stirring emoji that I wanted to use here).
Mariemont (if they are the top D3 team out of Cincy) will tear DC apart... DC team last year lost D1 talent and as for TC who scraped out win vs DC they should be very scared of Mariemont as well.

Mariemont (if they are the top D3 team out of Cincy) will tear DC apart... DC team last year lost D1 talent and as for TC who scraped out win vs DC they should be very scared of Mariemont as well.
DC, IMO, isn't in the discussion this year. They are good but I think their ceiling is district finals (which isn't a bad thing). TC vs DC is a rivalry match and I wouldn't put too much weight on the score. District finals might be the ceiling for TC too. Depends on how the brackets layout.

I've already stated that Mariemont is leader in SW.

DC, IMO, isn't in the discussion this year. They are good but I think their ceiling is district finals (which isn't a bad thing). TC vs DC is a rivalry match and I wouldn't put too much weight on the score. District finals might be the ceiling for TC too. Depends on how the brackets layout.

I've already stated that Mariemont is leader in SW.
TC is very young in the middle and frosh keeper. That might not work well tourney team. But, this will be the worst team it has in the next 4 years. Alot of talent coming. That is saying alot,since there very solid this year.

Yes, rumor has it the kids aren't sleeping well at night . Get up every couple minutes and look out the window to the south, knowing Mariemont is waiting for them!

TC looks to have major major talent this year. Returning all the middle, all the back. Upfront will be young but extremely talented.

Mariemont should be loaded...and remember CCD is back in D3 this year....gonna be tough sledding here in the SW region for all the teams in Cinci and Dayton...if we get to play it will be one helluva regional tournament....can’t wait to see the games this fall

Mariemont should be loaded...and remember CCD is back in D3 this year....gonna be tough sledding here in the SW region for all the teams in Cinci and Dayton...if we get to play it will be one helluva regional tournament....can’t wait to see the games this fall

Could be another state champion from SWO in D3 this year it seems. Got to play the games though.

Is soccer more likely to play than football? Or the same concerns with Football = Soccer? In football there are 6-8 players smashing together at all times, in soccer less depending on the situation but still a lot.

Could be another state champion from SWO in D3 this year it seems. Got to play the games though.

Is soccer more likely to play than football? Or the same concerns with Football = Soccer? In football there are 6-8 players smashing together at all times, in soccer less depending on the situation but still a lot.
With the news seemingly getting worse every day, I don't think we'll see any soccer (or football) games played this year. I asked a well-known Dayton-area boys soccer coach if they will be playing and he just threw up his hands, "Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine." My guess: no fall sports and probably no winter sports. Heck, we might not even have school in session this fall.

With the news seemingly getting worse every day, I don't think we'll see any soccer (or football) games played this year. I asked a well-known Dayton-area boys soccer coach if they will be playing and he just threw up his hands, "Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine." My guess: no fall sports and probably no winter sports. Heck, we might not even have school in session this fall.
Looks to me like there are games this weekend.......

The email confirming my volunteer hours said it is possible it might be cancelled. So take the schedule with a grain of salt, I hope it happens as I will get to watch some action!

This is an interesting point. I understand the reason that soccer is looked at a contact sport vs. a non-contact sport for the sport itself. But sometimes I think in regards to this pandemic, football is it's own animal when considering the sports. I only say that due to the number of players on teams, fans in the stands, etc. compared to other sports. If you're worried about large gatherings in particular, your average football game would have a much greater concern than your average soccer match. In reality though, soccer is being looked at in the same light as football.