American History

Red14

So is it safe to say that schools will no longer educate on American history as many of the historical people and landmarks are being stricken off the record?

So is it safe to say that schools will no longer educate on American history as many of the historical people and landmarks are being stricken off the record?
Tearing down a monument means they are stricken off the record? Can you dress yourself in the morning? Lol

hitler liked burning books too social justice taliban

No. ?‍♂️

They aren't being "stricken off the record", drama queen. We're just embracing the fact that they shouldn't be honored.

If you want to learn about Confederate generals, go to a library and read a book.
That could place an undo challenge to a less than literate portion of the population. But luckily the libraries have picture books for them.

The radical liberals in congress cannot do away with the first amendment to squelch our free speech, so they simply turn that job over to Google, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Twitch etc..etc...

The anti-Americans among us are no longer hiding their contempt of our freedoms, and our ideas.

There are more complete histories of America available today than at any time in our history. History taught when many of you received your instruction ignored or played down the role the majority of Americans played in our country's story.

Tearing down a monument means they are stricken off the record? Can you dress yourself in the morning? Lol
I"m not the drama queen, I just see that history will be alot different in schools from now on, if anyone cares. It's not that we need to re-write history, it's already happened. Just the facts, ma'am. But people have a hard time with the facts anymore.

I think that America will educate our students differently in the future, at least for a while. This pendulum has swung so far to the left that it is going to take a while to get back to any sense of normalcy. Inclusivity is the opposite of rewarding someone for doing something good and being recognized. We now live in an age where people look at your characteristics and say that you are over-represented or under-represented before deciding whether teaching about your accomplishments should be included. That is not history, that is a narrative.

We live in an age where self-promotion is the ultimate goal for many to achieve fame. In the past, the goal was to do something well-enough that people talked about you. While growing up, I never thought about the racial makeup of the NBA, NFL, or MLB. If they did good, we recognized them. If they did bad, they faded away. Even though these three major sports don't represent the racial makeup of our country, the "narrative" is that there is still a problem that needs fixed. These are the people that want to control the narrative rather than letting history play itself out.

I think that America will educate our students differently in the future, at least for a while. This pendulum has swung so far to the left that it is going to take a while to get back to any sense of normalcy. Inclusivity is the opposite of rewarding someone for doing something good and being recognized. We now live in an age where people look at your characteristics and say that you are over-represented or under-represented before deciding whether teaching about your accomplishments should be included. That is not history, that is a narrative.

We live in an age where self-promotion is the ultimate goal for many to achieve fame. In the past, the goal was to do something well-enough that people talked about you. While growing up, I never thought about the racial makeup of the NBA, NFL, or MLB. If they did good, we recognized them. If they did bad, they faded away. Even though these three major sports don't represent the racial makeup of our country, the "narrative" is that there is still a problem that needs fixed. These are the people that want to control the narrative rather than letting history play itself out.
This is just an unfounded rant.

Do they have large monuments of Hitler in Berlin? Poland?
Do they have large monuments of Stalin in East Germany?

Comparing Confederate Generals to Hitler and Stalin is stupid.

Well done.

Oh, there is no East Germany. You're stupid on history before they started erasing it! lmao

Most of these monuments that people just suddenly found themselves caring about deeply as they learned about their existence in the "fake news" belong in museums.

We've toppled statues of fallen regimes abroad. It makes zero sense to have statues and displays publically honoring a traitorous short-lived loser at home. Go see and learn about them at your local museum, historical society or preserved battlefield.

Last edited:

As Mike McConnell says, we have to be able to tell people...no. Very simply. You cannot have a society where 2% get their way, or 10% or 25%. Majority rules most of the time works out just fine. There was a time in history when streets/ buildings were named for people and in that time, it was fine. That's not saying forever and ever it was going to be that way.
We get way too over our skies when people get butt hurt about things and think we can just take names off of things. Good or bad, it's part of our history.
Sports was or used to be the the equalizer. I, like you never saw color in the sports teams I followed. They were Hoosiers, or Sixers, not black or white.
The real ironic thing is that the NFL, NBA has produced more black millionaires than just about any other entity you can come up with. And there are still many that complain about it??

I learned two histories..... not sure if any of them are 100% right..... but the one thing I know it is not a good idea to erase it.

A child with their parents sees a statue and asks who is that person?

That was a bad person, a long time ago .......... etc. A child is more likely to learn by experiencing something than reading about it.

Since when does a statue coming down equal being stricken off the record. Congrats on starting the dumbest thread on Yappi.

Since when does a statue coming down equal being stricken off the record. Congrats on starting the dumbest thread on Yappi.
Obviously there was a reason to build the statue, name the building/ road etc. I look at Marge Schott's name being taken off the baseball field at UC. Obviously they graciously took the $2 mill back when they needed it, and she was already dead at the time so there hasn't been any new history on Schott. She gave to many charities in the Cincinnati area and employed people of all races. We never agree 100% with everything a person does.

Statues start conversations.... no statues, no reminders. I have no issues with statues being removed but do have issues with the mob tearing them down.

Minorities ruling over the majority in the name of political correctness. Can I go tear down anything I want that offends me without repercussions? Of course not because I’m not a minority.