The Official NE8 Thread

Hopefully everyone is staying safe thus far. I have to think the league title is Poland’s to lose this year. Returning 4 of 5 starting O-Linemen, QB and WR on offense and CB, Safety, LB and DT on defense. Have some holes to fill but they should be dominate up front if they can stay healthy.

Hopefully everyone is staying safe thus far. I have to think the league title is Poland’s to lose this year. Returning 4 of 5 starting O-Linemen, QB and WR on offense and CB, Safety, LB and DT on defense. Have some holes to fill but they should be dominate up front if they can stay healthy.
Their line will be the reason they win it if they do, and only the line, they really don’t have much skill, losing the RBS and linebackers will
Be very key To their success this upcoming year. I believe this NE8 season will be competitive again, Hubbard poland struthers niles SR all have a chance to win the league this year, the other schools will be beat like a drum tho

Yeah go ahead and pencil in poland as the winners. Second place though. Who knows. Just not lakeview or jefferson.
I’ll take a shot at it.
Poland
South range
Struthers
Niles
Hubbard
Girard
Lakeview
Jefferson

This is what I was told by a parent of a Niles football player "they look like a cross-country team on a football field. They might be the most unathletic team I've ever seen here." He went on to say the biggest back they have is the QB and the linemen are all "short and dumpy". All his words. This league is going to be extremely top heavy this year. After Poland, Struthers, South Range and possibly Hubbard there is going to be a massive drop-off. Girard lost all of their talent and speed. Niles isn't going to be good apparently. Lakeview, already terrible, has apparently lost something like 7 players to transfers and Jefferson is Jefferson.

This is what I was told by a parent of a Niles football player "they look like a cross-country team on a football field. They might be the most unathletic team I've ever seen here." He went on to say the biggest back they have is the QB and the linemen are all "short and dumpy". All his words. This league is going to be extremely top heavy this year. After Poland, Struthers, South Range and possibly Hubbard there is going to be a massive drop-off. Girard lost all of their talent and speed. Niles isn't going to be good apparently. Lakeview, already terrible, has apparently lost something like 7 players to transfers and Jefferson is Jefferson.

I see Niles as a .500 team or so. I doubt they are as bad as what this so called person made them out to be.

Why do you doubt that? Last season at 7-3 but the years before that since 2012 were almost all losing seasons. And last seasons 7-3 is still crazy to me.

They seem to be a little more stable from the Shaner years. QB is back, Along with a few other starters, JV team seemed decent. Surely they are better than Lakeview and Jefferson. Probably on par with Girard. Like I said .500 seems realistic.

They seem to be a little more stable from the Shaner years. QB is back, Along with a few other starters, JV team seemed decent. Surely they are better than Lakeview and Jefferson. Probably on par with Girard. Like I said .500 seems realistic.
I’ll say 4-6 if they are able to beat Youngstown East, alliance and Howland should handle Niles early on

I see Niles as a .500 team or so. I doubt they are as bad as what this so called person made them out to be.
This "so called" oerson has a son on the team is dyed in the wool Niles and also said that "3 wins will be a miracle" and that's a direct quote. Take it for what its worth. His biggest gripe was that it looks like non of the kids did any type of work during the lockdown.

Fair points we’ll see.

Any idea on where the lakeview kids ended up? Any of them at JFK?

Any idea on why the mass exit of kids from Lakeview? 6 is a large number for a team that only had 40 players last year.
I think its for a couple of reasons. 1. There is some discord among the team with the insistance of the Coach to play a certain QB no matter what. It seemed to bother a lot of people .
2. Lakeview seems bound and determined not to play this season. The administration told the coaches of all sports about a month or so ago that there is a 1% chance they are going to play this year. Kids want to go where things are more optimistic IMO.

I think its for a couple of reasons. 1. There is some discord among the team with the insistance of the Coach to play a certain QB no matter what. It seemed to bother a lot of people .
2. Lakeview seems bound and determined not to play this season. The administration told the coaches of all sports about a month or so ago that there is a 1% chance they are going to play this year. Kids want to go where things are more optimistic IMO.
Yeah pav playing his son at qb is a weird move. He’s not exactly... a qb type of kid. 4-6 2-8 will tell you that. They are supposed to be very bad agaij if they do play.

3. The doom and gloom of Paladin. Lol

Their head coach is one of the nicest guys in Ohio. He’s also very competent at what he does. I don’t think they’ll be as bad as you think. I’m saying 4-6 this year.
Being nice is great and all but playing his own kid at quarterback, no matter what, when he shouldn't be the quarterback makes people call his competence into question. They are going to be worse than they were last season when they won 2 games.

Being nice is great and all but playing his own kid at quarterback, no matter what, when he shouldn't be the quarterback makes people call his competence into question. They are going to be worse than they were last season when they won 2 games.

I'd imagine he has some say in who they schedule and deciding to schedule Kirtland in week 1 for 2 years knowing the type of talent they had coming through the system also brings competence into question.

Their head coach is one of the nicest guys in Ohio. He’s also very competent at what he does. I don’t think they’ll be as bad as you think. I’m saying 4-6 this year.
Their head coach is one of the biggest cry babies in ohio coaching history, idk if you’re new here but most have reasons for why they dislike lakeview and it’s nothing to do with the cry baby

Hearing some rumblings in Struthers about a couple of players from North Carolina transferring in. A pretty good QB and LB. Any truth to that?
If true, which I would give it a 20 percent chance, I wonder what the reason would be, it’s not like Ohio is 100 percent having a football season