Valley View Spartans 2020 Outlook

IRLMN1999

Past 4 years
2016 - 10-2
2017 - 11-1
2018 - 6-4
2019 - 10-3

Valley View is finally starting to consistently churn out playoff caliber teams and 2020 seems to be no different. Wondering what all you other VV fans or SWBL fans think about the Spartans this coming season. Replacing key guys on both sides of the ball but really have improved on depth and overall numbers and with the new levy passing I would imagine the numbers will improve even more so in 2020. Thoughts?

2020 schedule
08/28 A Wilmington
09/04 A Fort Recovery
09/11 H Middletown Madison
09/17 A Oakwood
09/25 H Monroe
10/02 H Bellbrook
10/09 A Franklin
10/16 H West Milton Milton-Union
10/23 H Eaton
10/30 A Brookville

Just curious who the losses would be too, VV looks senior and junior heavy this year and are coached very well. I know they are losing that big lineman and the QB but with Evan Prater gone id say they are top 3 to win the region.

Just curious who the losses would be too, VV looks senior and junior heavy this year and are coached very well. I know they are losing that big lineman and the QB but with Evan Prater gone id say they are top 3 to win the region.
Valley View most definitely should be top 4 at least in the region this season. The program is very much a good place right now. If I had to pin a loss down this early I would say @Franklin

I’d say if anyone challenges Valley View this year it’s Bellbrook, Franklin, Fort Recovery, and MU. Those are very key contests. Yes Valley View is back to their winning ways and proved last year they are elite again.

Past 4 years
2016 - 10-2
2017 - 11-1
2018 - 6-4
2019 - 10-3

Valley View is finally starting to consistently churn out playoff caliber teams and 2020 seems to be no different. Wondering what all you other VV fans or SWBL fans think about the Spartans this coming season. Replacing key guys on both sides of the ball but really have improved on depth and overall numbers and with the new levy passing I would imagine the numbers will improve even more so in 2020. Thoughts?

2020 schedule
08/28 A Wilmington
09/04 A Fort Recovery
09/11 H Middletown Madison
09/17 A Oakwood
09/25 H Monroe
10/02 H Bellbrook
10/09 A Franklin
10/16 H West Milton Milton-Union
10/23 H Eaton
10/30 A Brookville

Bellbrook/Franklin ack to back will be interesting.

I’d say if anyone challenges Valley View this year it’s Bellbrook, Franklin, Fort Recovery, and MU. Those are very key contests. Yes Valley View is back to their winning ways and proved last year they are elite again.
Is Franklin supposed to be good? I thought they lost a lot to graduation.

Is Franklin supposed to be good? I thought they lost a lot to graduation.
I don't know much about Franklin, but they did lose 7 Seniors that were 1st team all league selections last year. Including the Offensive Player of the Year. They also had 4 other Seniors that were 2nd team or Honorable Mention. That's not saying they won't be good, but it does appear that there will be some big shoes to fill in Franklin this year.

The thing about Franklin is they’re so well coached, they have a lot of kids, and that school has talent come up in every class. I think for them it’s not really rebuilding it’s just retooling/reloading. They’re good for at least 7-8 wins a season right now

Those Franklin boys can play football. It’s impressive. Valley View will have a game on their hands but it will be a good one to prepare for the playoffs.
Any news on Bellbrook? Are they returning anything?

I had the opportunity to see Valley View in the playoff matchup in 17 against Clinton Massie @ Beavercreek. Valley View was a very physical team and the fullback in particular impressed me a lot. Not the biggest kid by any means but he played hard every snap on both sides of the ball. Unfortunately they ran into a very tough team in Massie that game and lost by a TD. It’s good for the league that they’ve been able to sustain the momentum they had from that season. Very interested to see how they fare against the big boys on the schedule this year.

Thoughts on Shawnee this year? I’m seeing them as the leader in the new WOAC. I don’t see anyone challenging Shawnee

Thoughts on Shawnee this year? I’m seeing them as the leader in the new WOAC. I don’t see anyone challenging Shawnee

Shawnee will be down in their final year in the SWBL. Lost a lot of valuable seniors from last years campaign who went 5-5 but gave teams like Waynesville and Franklin all they could handle. Only teams that blew us out we’re Madison and Talawanda, both solid teams so no shame there.
We drop Talawanda this year for Arcanum, a much more winnable game. I see this team currently constructed as a 3-4 win team with likely wins against Arcanum, Twin Valley South, Northridge, and Dixie.

You are absolutely right about the WOAC. We’ve been playing a lot of those teams in the non conference for years now and we generally win those games big. So it’s very likely we move into the new league as a heavy favorite. I am not a fan of the move as a whole as I believe in staying in the stronger league. But for a program who’s best record ever has been 8-2 and has never had a playoff appearance, this may be the move that gets us over that hump. Time will tell...

8-2 will be a down year after this season.
depending on who they schedule OOC i would say.

UPDATE: wow. the schedule they have in 2021 is.. poor. probably one of the easiest D5 schedules in the state. they open up with Miami East and after that, shouldn’t be challenged very much.

Shawnee will be down in their final year in the SWBL. Lost a lot of valuable seniors from last years campaign who went 5-5 but gave teams like Waynesville and Franklin all they could handle. Only teams that blew us out we’re Madison and Talawanda, both solid teams so no shame there.
We drop Talawanda this year for Arcanum, a much more winnable game. I see this team currently constructed as a 3-4 win team with likely wins against Arcanum, Twin Valley South, Northridge, and Dixie.

You are absolutely right about the WOAC. We’ve been playing a lot of those teams in the non conference for years now and we generally win those games big. So it’s very likely we move into the new league as a heavy favorite. I am not a fan of the move as a whole as I believe in staying in the stronger league. But for a program who’s best record ever has been 8-2 and has never had a playoff appearance, this may be the move that gets us over that hump. Time will tell...
Carlisle is absolutely awful they will win that game, so that makes 5 wins same as last year

Carlisle is absolutely awful they will win that game, so that makes 5 wins same as last year
Carlisle is one year into Clodfelter. Coach has produced at both Beavercreek and Bethel, and see no reason he won't turn Carlisle around. The Indians had a heck of a program until coach Jewell left just a few years ago. I think they will be back (Unless the new SWBL makes them play Bellbrook, Franklin, etc. every year?)

Could be 10-0 Shawnee

It’s more likely that than 8-2 to be honest. Again I’m not a fan of the league change but then again this is a program that has never won a league title in the SWBL and has been a sub-500 team more years than not. The best season they have ever had was in 2018 which was 8-2 later changed to 7-3 due to an eligibility issue.

I do

I’m not buying that. I think Carlisle has found a quality coach and will get much better in year 2. Historically Carlisle has a much higher ceiling than Shawnee and I expect them to get back on track quickly.
What’s to buy they don’t have much talent this year, not going to get better after this year either with the teams they will be playing. Carlisle benefited from being put in the Buckeye side of things when the SWBL split. Don’t know if we’ll see that again. Like to know what you think Shawnee lost this year that won’t be replaced the Senior class this year has always been better than last years class and sophomore class also has always been good Junior class has a couple players also.