The Covid Spread Explained...1 outbreak causing 45 others to lose games...

TheDuq

Earlier statement I found to be interesting, let's take a look at a scenario;

Wheelersburg has three players test positive for Covid after feeling ill on Oct. 1st, Thursday before a game

Wheelersburg Games in past two weeks (5 programs directly affected including themselves):
Sept. 18th at Columbus Bishop Watterson
(Sept 19th JV team hosted Jackson)
(Sept. 23rd Freshmen team played Ironton)
Sept. 25th vs. Ironton
Sept. 26th JV vs. Ironton
(Sept. 30th Freshmen team played Portsmouth West)

Bishop Watterson two week history since Wheelersburg (3 other programs affected not including themselves)
(Sept. 19th JV at Worthington Kilbourne)
Sept 23rd, 25th, 26th vs. Columbus St. Charles
Sept. 30th Freshmen team played Upper Arlington

Ironton history since Wheelersburg (1 other program affected not including themselves)
Sept. 30th Freshmen Team played Chillicothe

Jackson history since playing Wheelersburg (2 other programs affected not including themselves)
Sept. 23rd, 25th, 26th vs Unioto
Sept. 30th freshmen team played Athens

Worthington Kilbourne history since JV game vs. Bishop Watterson (many guys dress Friday + Saturday) (2 other programs affected)
Sept. 23rd, 25th, 26th vs. Thomas Worthington
Sept. 30th freshmen team played Dublin Scioto

Thomas Worthington history since games vs. Worthington Kilbourne (1 other program affected)
Sept. 30th freshmen team played Marysville

St. Charles history since games vs. Bishop Watterson (1 other program affected)
Sept. 30th freshmen team played Bishop Ready

Schools Affected and likely not playing October 1st: (15)
Wheelersburg, Bishop Watterson, Jackson, Ironton, Worthington Kilbourne, Dublin Scioto, Columbus St. Charles, Portsmouth West, Thomas Worthington, Upper Arlington, Athens, Unioto, Marysville, Chillicothe, Bishop Ready

Schools Affected not being able to play the following opponents on Oct. 1st for preventive measures(15 more)
Schools Affected not being able to play the following opponents on Oct. 8th for preventive measures(15 more?)

1 football program with an outbreak could very well cause issues or a loss of a game to 45 other programs

Now think if this even happens five times across the state in a given a week, which is where we are at 48 hours into this week...that's a loss of 225 games across the state.

Interesting to think about. Imagine a Cross Country Meet? Volleyball and soccer 2-3 times a week?

We are in some real trouble folks.

And I'm just stating what I think of them
It’s no affecting kids the way it’s affecting people who are in their 80’s that’s why paladin is so against the season he’s old as dirt. But it should be the kids and their families decision as to if they want to play or not. Just like nobody is forcing people to leave their homes, nobody will force their kid to play

It’s no affecting kids the way it’s affecting people who are in their 80’s that’s why paladin is so against the season he’s old as dirt. But it should be the kids and their families decision as to if they want to play or not. Just like nobody is forcing people to leave their homes, nobody will force their kid to play

You are leaving out a huge grey area. Parents who want their kids to play, like me and mine, but also want everyone to follow guidelines provided by the Surgeon General, CDC, and entire medical community - so of course the schools also.

The issue isn't with the sentiment to play, the issue is with wanting to while ignoring guidelines, and the predictable outcomes we're seeing. Basically the "deniers". The same people who preach "rules are rules" and "do as you're told" when it comes to others.

If you want hs football to be played but raise a large middle finger to wearing a mask or social distancing, and I see you all over the place, then you're the puzzies imo. That's what I'm tired of. Carry your own water.

You are leaving out a huge grey area. Parents who want their kids to play, like me and mine, but also want everyone to follow guidelines provided by the Surgeon General, CDC, and entire medical community - so of course the schools also.

The issue isn't with the sentiment to play, the issue is with wanting to while ignoring guidelines, and the predictable outcomes we're seeing. Basically the "deniers". The same people who preach "rules are rules" and "do as you're told" when it comes to others.

If you want hs football to be played but raise a large middle finger to wearing a mask or social distancing, and I see you all over the place, then you're the puzzies imo. That's what I'm tired of. Carry your own water.
I'm sorry , but got to disagree with most of this. People that think the virus is over exaggerated, don't feel the need for all these guidelines. You can't play the season with these guidelines that are set up anyway. Rules are rules don't always fall under these people either.You have the wrong people being the puzzies. Lol

Earlier statement I found to be interesting, let's take a look at a scenario;

Wheelersburg has three players test positive for Covid after feeling ill on Oct. 1st, Thursday before a game

Wheelersburg Games in past two weeks (5 programs directly affected including themselves):
Sept. 18th at Columbus Bishop Watterson
(Sept 19th JV team hosted Jackson)
(Sept. 23rd Freshmen team played Ironton)
Sept. 25th vs. Ironton
Sept. 26th JV vs. Ironton
(Sept. 30th Freshmen team played Portsmouth West)

Bishop Watterson two week history since Wheelersburg (3 other programs affected not including themselves)
(Sept. 19th JV at Worthington Kilbourne)
Sept 23rd, 25th, 26th vs. Columbus St. Charles
Sept. 30th Freshmen team played Upper Arlington

Ironton history since Wheelersburg (1 other program affected not including themselves)
Sept. 30th Freshmen Team played Chillicothe

Jackson history since playing Wheelersburg (2 other programs affected not including themselves)
Sept. 23rd, 25th, 26th vs Unioto
Sept. 30th freshmen team played Athens

Worthington Kilbourne history since JV game vs. Bishop Watterson (many guys dress Friday + Saturday) (2 other programs affected)
Sept. 23rd, 25th, 26th vs. Thomas Worthington
Sept. 30th freshmen team played Dublin Scioto

Thomas Worthington history since games vs. Worthington Kilbourne (1 other program affected)
Sept. 30th freshmen team played Marysville

St. Charles history since games vs. Bishop Watterson (1 other program affected)
Sept. 30th freshmen team played Bishop Ready

Schools Affected and likely not playing October 1st: (15)
Wheelersburg, Bishop Watterson, Jackson, Ironton, Worthington Kilbourne, Dublin Scioto, Columbus St. Charles, Portsmouth West, Thomas Worthington, Upper Arlington, Athens, Unioto, Marysville, Chillicothe, Bishop Ready

Schools Affected not being able to play the following opponents on Oct. 1st for preventive measures(15 more)
Schools Affected not being able to play the following opponents on Oct. 8th for preventive measures(15 more?)

1 football program with an outbreak could very well cause issues or a loss of a game to 45 other programs

Now think if this even happens five times across the state in a given a week, which is where we are at 48 hours into this week...that's a loss of 225 games across the state.

Interesting to think about. Imagine a Cross Country Meet? Volleyball and soccer 2-3 times a week?

We are in some real trouble folks.

I am constantly amazed by the number of people that appear to get off (and probably literally in this case) on telling the rest of us "how much trouble" we are in.

Here's my scenario. High school students that feel sick should stay home. Those that don't shouldn't. There is no good reason whatsoever for them to get tested unless their own personal living situation requires it (and frankly, if it does, they probably shouldn't be playing in the first place).

If the season is canceled it’s only high school football and life goes on. Not a big loss.

Now the scenario above doesn’t work because asymptomatic kids will still be in school passing it around to each other and their parents and grandparents.

Ideal case would be everyone gets tested and positives stay in quarantine don’t go anywhere, but obviously this isn’t obtainable because our economy wouldn’t tolerate it.

If this gets passed on, it will be by kids inside a school building, not by players of opposite teams competing out of doors.

Do you have proof of this? We all know the parents and admins who will connect dots like this and say “not putting ourselves in the position”. The scenario above is sadly realistic of people who COULD be affected. No one wants “could” they want “can’t”.

This Northeast Travel Ban just announced is reallllllly going to screw professional sports up.

A while back you said you let your kids stay over at their friends houses (or vice versa). I am assuming you made sure they all had their masks on 100% of the time. Not just your kids but their friends and their families too? And they stayed 6' apart the whole time too.

Who carried your water then?

If the season is canceled it’s only high school football and life goes on. Not a big loss.

Now the scenario above doesn’t work because asymptomatic kids will still be in school passing it around to each other and their parents and grandparents.

Ideal case would be everyone gets tested and positives stay in quarantine don’t go anywhere, but obviously this isn’t obtainable because our economy wouldn’t tolerate it.
You would have to test every day because you could be negative today and positive tomorrow.

Best thing is to accept it will be lingering and move on with your life. Be as safe as you can but you reach a point of diminishing returns eventually.

Just stating how admins and health boards are looking at this. CYA.
No they are not. Schools sports are going on so admins are not looking at it like you. Local businesses are open and recovering so health boards are not making decisions on your posts.

No they are not. Schools sports are going on so admins are not looking at it like you. Local businesses are open and recovering so health boards are not making decisions on your posts.

Not sure what to tell you having many colleagues that are admin at a variety of school districts. I have nothing to lie about. Scenario above is a scenario, but highly probable of something that could play out. Do you not think anyone will test positive anymore the rest of the year? I haven't even discussed second wave.

Where have you been? Stocks are crashing, states are creating travel bans on other states...it's just getting started again, if you don't see that, I'm not sure how you aren't putting together whether deadly or not, we are within a crisis getting worse whether it's 100% fear or not. Sorry.

Not sure what to tell you having many colleagues that are admin at a variety of school districts. I have nothing to lie about. Scenario above is a scenario, but highly probable of something that could play out. Do you not think anyone will test positive anymore the rest of the year? I haven't even discussed second wave.

Where have you been? Stocks are crashing, states are creating travel bans on other states...it's just getting started again, if you don't see that, I'm not sure how you aren't putting together whether deadly or not, we are within a crisis getting worse whether it's 100% fear or not. Sorry.
Not sure what to tell you but working in a school and being in discussions with other reps from some other schools it ain't happening where I am. I also am good friends with a lead RN in our county health department and they are more focused on what is needed to continue the safe reopening than they are planning for shutdowns. I think many will test positive, like other positive virus tests, but our lives will go on.
My stocks haven't crashed. I was thinking of making some moves yesterday but had to go to a youth baseball game. What I do see is people such as yourself planning for all bad news to erupt. Get outside, go for a bike ride, cut the grass and enjoy the sun. Stop trying to be so negative every day of your life. I feel bad you are so miserable.

Not sure what to tell you but working in a school and being in discussions with other reps from some other schools it ain't happening where I am. I also am good friends with a lead RN in our county health department and they are more focused on what is needed to continue the safe reopening than they are planning for shutdowns. I think many will test positive, like other positive virus tests, but our lives will go on.
My stocks haven't crashed. I was thinking of making some moves yesterday but had to go to a youth baseball game. What I do see is people such as yourself planning for all bad news to erupt. Get outside, go for a bike ride, cut the grass and enjoy the sun. Stop trying to be so negative every day of your life. I feel bad you are so miserable.

Was out coaching three hours this morning. I have no idea what you are talking about otherwise.

I'm not even a liberal, here, look at these headlines:

...and we are officially a week with 50% higher hospitalizations, 2x cases (we are one of 27 states in uptick\surging

Just stating facts compared to your talks with your girlfriend at McDonalds...

A while back you said you let your kids stay over at their friends houses (or vice versa). I am assuming you made sure they all had their masks on 100% of the time. Not just your kids but their friends and their families too? And they stayed 6' apart the whole time too.

Who carried your water then?

Yes on a few occasions. But not your kids, responsible like-minded parents that I know very well kids. Your kids or house would not be allowed. Nothing personal.

If this gets passed on, it will be by kids inside a school building, not by players of opposite teams competing out of doors.
Actually it will be both. The difference is within school the spread is occurring within that school and district. When schools play football the spread occurs between schools and districts.

There are currently communities around the state with very little outbreak, while other communities have much larger outbreaks. Kids playing sports can potentially introduce to a community that has not been impacted.

Was out coaching three hours this morning. I have no idea what you are talking about otherwise.

I'm not even a liberal, here, look at these headlines:

...and we are officially a week with 50% higher hospitalizations, 2x cases (we are one of 27 states in uptick\surging

Just stating facts compared to your talks with your girlfriend at McDonalds...
Biggest stock drop since early June. IT is June 24th. You obviously do not follow the market much to know where it has been over the last 6 years and even the last 6 months.

Yes on a few occasions. But not your kids, responsible like-minded parents that I know very well kids. Your kids or house would not be allowed. Nothing personal.
So you don't follow your own advice. Cool. You're as bad as the people you enjoy criticizing.

Actually it will be both. The difference is within school the spread is occurring within that school and district. When schools play football the spread occurs between schools and districts.

There are currently communities around the state with very little outbreak, while other communities have much larger outbreaks. Kids playing sports can potentially introduce to a community that has not been impacted.
The school bus crashing could potentially cause more harm than this virus. Lightening could potentially strike a player. A kid could potentially slip in the shower and hit his head.

Lots of things could potentially happen. It was that way last year. It will be the same next year.

Spirit, WinByPin and PooperLeups....

So let me get this straight...we are all "wusses" and need to stay at home in basement, etc. What's your opinion on Ezekial Elliot's take, an NFL player making millions, who had it, says he concerned about player safety, you know professionals getting it. Is he a wuss? Doom and gloomer? You guys just look more foolish everyday...this guy is better health than anyone on here, so much to lose, and commenting about caution and concern? Wake up.

Last edited:
Spirit and PooperLeups....

So let me get this straight...we are all "wusses" and need to stay at home in basement, etc. What's your opinion on Ezekial Elliot's take, an NFL player making millions, who had it, says he concerned about player safety, you know professionals getting it. Is he a wuss? Doom and gloomer? You guys just look more foolish everyday...this guy is better health than anyone on here, so much to lose, and commenting about caution and concern? Wake up.

Quote me anywhere when I used the term wuss. No way you can do it. AND he said it really didn't affect him.

Spirit, WinByPin and PooperLeups....

Not sure I called anyone wusses about this. I am concerned about people's health too. I can still disagree with the lockdowns and restrictions. The two don't contradict each other.

Zeke gets to have an opinion like you and me. Of course he doesn't need the money and can afford to take a year off if it is necessary. He only had a cough and shortness in breath. Doesn't sound like it hit him very hard. Of course he also isn't in at risk age group either so that could be expected. Glad he is doing ok. Professional players can choose not to play too if they feel the risk is too great. That could cost them but it should be their own decision to make.

I'm done debating with someone who just doesn't get it. Wow.
Debating??? You cannot debate the video where he says it really didn't affect him. I heard him say he has concerns that he doesn't know how the NFL can keep players and coaches safe. Solid concerns, but doesn't change the fact that practices in Ohio are still going on and nothing in the fall has been canceled. You yourself said you were coaching for 3 hours this morning. You are posting under the feeling that everything will be canceled. I have the feeling games can be played. RIGHT NOW, we both should be focused on discussing what we both know. NOTHING has been canceled.

The school bus crashing could potentially cause more harm than this virus. Lightening could potentially strike a player. A kid could potentially slip in the shower and hit his head.

Lots of things could potentially happen. It was that way last year. It will be the same next year.
Ah yes, the anything can happen argument. Accidents happen, of course. This would not be an accident. It is something that can be controlled to a large extent. If the school wants to take those risks of spread that is their call. But lets stop with the "car accident" argument for why people and organizations should not take steps to control the risk

Ah yes, the anything can happen argument. Accidents happen, of course. This would not be an accident. It is something that can be controlled to a large extent. If the school wants to take those risks of spread that is their call. But lets stop with the "car accident" argument for why people and organizations should not take steps to control the risk
Why? Because you realize you can't control all potential risk we encounter each and every day?

Why? Because you realize you can't control all potential risk we encounter each and every day?
There are things in my power to limit my risk of getting cancer. Don't smoke, watch my weight, avoid environmental hazards as much as possible. And yet genetics, something I cannot control, may very well lead to a cancer diagnosis (big family history of the disease). So should I not take the steps within my control to reduce my risk?

The other issue as it relates to sports is the inability to compete if multiple players test positive. What if schools decide each Wednesay they will test the athletes. Lets say 20 kids test positive and your roster is 45 kids, do you still play? Does that risk the well being of the kids playing?

This is not a simple problem. Some people have said "Oh they are kids, they will get sick and bounce back quickly"

Athletics, band, theater are extra curricular activities and ones that add to the experience of high school, but the key word is "extra". It sounds as if a vaccine may be read by next spring. If so why not wait?