The league that has gone the longest without a change is.....?

The Wayne County Athletic League (WCAL) is one of the most stable conferences in Ohio. I don't think it has changed since 1970.

It looks like the Cincinnati Hills League had a school closed in 1994 and another left the conference in 1995.

I second the WCAL. Last league change was what? Triway leaving and Hillsdale taking their place in 1970 or 1971?

Firelands? WCAL?
Over the long haul, the Firelands has been a rather stable conference, but not as solid as the WCAL.

The Firelands' last league change was '93 when Black River left for the Mohican Area Conference. IIRC, that league consisted of: West Holmes, Loudonville, Triway, Cloverleaf, Black River, and (Medina) Buckeye. The league obviously didn't last too long.

Edison left the Firelands in '86.

The last teams to join the Firelands were Crestview and Plymouth both in '82.

End of the day, that's pretty good stability.

Non football, but the Putnam County League hasn't had any changes since Ottawa-Glandorf went to the WBL in 1967.

The Green Meadows went from 1974 when Edgerton replaced Paulding until 2021 when Paulding replaces Holgate.

The WBL has been stable since Shawnee replaced DSJ in 1982.

I don't know if the Shelby County League has ever changed.

I'm guessing the only changes that league has ever had is if there were any school consolidations in the1950s or 1960s to make a district like Fairlawn. Otherwise, it probably has been exactly the same for however long they've been together.

Over the long haul, the Firelands has been a rather stable conference, but not as solid as the WCAL.

The Firelands' last league change was '93 when Black River left for the Mohican Area Conference. IIRC, that league consisted of: West Holmes, Loudonville, Triway, Cloverleaf, Black River, and (Medina) Buckeye. The league obviously didn't last too long.

Edison left the Firelands in '86.

The last teams to join the Firelands were Crestview and Plymouth both in '82.

End of the day, that's pretty good stability.

Lucas folks know all too well. We have been trying to get into the Firelands for a long time!

The Wayne County Athletic League (WCAL) is one of the most stable conferences in Ohio. I don't think it has changed since 1970.

It looks like the Cincinnati Hills League had a school closed in 1994 and another left the conference in 1995.

CHL has been the most steady in Cincinnati since the mid 90s (1995-1996)-so about 25 years or so.

The last changes were the closure of the Cincinnati Academy of Physical Education (CAPE) in 1994 and Loveland moving on to the now defunct FAVC after the 1994-1995 school year. They were rapidly growing and a lot larger than other member schools yet hardly dominated the competition, winning only two league crowns in their final season and only finished 3rd in football.

They actually had two founding members, Roger Bacon and Purcell Marian, recently leave for another conference (Miami Valley, but really Cincinnati).

Otherwise, the membership has been pretty steady for a long time, despite some shuffling of divisions etc.

How about the GCL South?

Alter, Chaminade-Julienne, Badin and McNicholas agreed to join the GCL in the 89-90 school year and began play in 90-91.

This resulted in the GCL North, which was the smaller schools-those mentioned above, along with Roger Bacon and Purcell Marian.

The GCL South was started with Elder, Lasalle, Moeller and St. X and has remained the same since.

I brought this up a few years ago and the WCAL and Firelands are the most stable football conferences, but kudos to the Putnam and Shelby County Leagues.

When Tiffin Columbian joined the Northern Ohio League in 1953, replacing Crestline, it went unchanged until Bucyrus left after 2002, then Fostoria joined in 2003. It went through more changes(Galion, Fostoria, Upper Sandusky exiting) and Ontario and Sandusky joining until 2017, then League disbanded and merged with Sandusky Bay Conference.

The GCL South's membership of Elder, St. X, La Salle, and Moeller has gone unchanged since the division's formation in 1991. The original North division was Alter, Badin, and C-J (who came from the Ohio Catholic League, which consisted of Columbus and Dayton schools), McNicholas (from the QCC), Purcell (who re-joined in '91 after being independent in football since 1979), and Roger Bacon (who was already there). Fenwick and Carroll joined in 2006 following the break-up of the Mid-Miami League. At some point, Alter, Carroll, Fenwick, and C-J became the North division, and McNicholas, Purcell, Bacon, and Badin became the Central, but for football purposes, all 8 teams played each other as if they were one division, until Purcell and Bacon's departure in 2019.