Cross County Conference

It’s high school football. 80% coach, 20% kids. I’ve seen great kids come through and a crappy coach waste that talent. I’ve seen great coaches get 110% out of mediocre kids.
Culture and expectation is going to drive talent development.

Arcanum will be a very good team this year I see them getting at the least 7 wins and possibly 9. They have a very good core of youth that have bought into the program and they will have 40+ to boot. They might have the second best skills players in the conference but they look like they might be lacking in big guys which seems to be a trend nowadays. By the start of the WOAC they will be the top team for a year or two. TV NT Dixie PS Ansonia and TCN will be in the mix as well. This won't be the push over conference everyone is saying we will still have some very solid programs and over time some of the schools will be what ME and Covington has been for years. I could see TCN Arcanum Ansonia and PS be the every year top of the standings teams. Look at basketball every year in the CCC TVS TV FM and Newton are almost always solid teams. Oh yeah Speaking of TVS I just heard TCN just hired Souths longtime basketball coach to be our new AD......That took me by surprise. What happened at south to let that happen?

Preble Shawnee will likely be the league leader in football. That is a program that competes in the SWBL and will again this year. Arcanum should get a taste this year when they play Shawnee. The Arrows are bigger and will be hard to compete with. National Trail might be up and coming too from what I hear. Arcanum having 40+ players helps but that’s pretty typical for Shawnee. Should be a great league.

the WOAC should be competitive with eachother but i wouldn’t count on many playoff runs anytime soon from that league

Arcanum will be a very good team this year I see them getting at the least 7 wins and possibly 9. They have a very good core of youth that have bought into the program and they will have 40+ to boot. They might have the second best skills players in the conference but they look like they might be lacking in big guys which seems to be a trend nowadays. By the start of the WOAC they will be the top team for a year or two. TV NT Dixie PS Ansonia and TCN will be in the mix as well. This won't be the push over conference everyone is saying we will still have some very solid programs and over time some of the schools will be what ME and Covington has been for years. I could see TCN Arcanum Ansonia and PS be the every year top of the standings teams. Look at basketball every year in the CCC TVS TV FM and Newton are almost always solid teams. Oh yeah Speaking of TVS I just heard TCN just hired Souths longtime basketball coach to be our new AD......That took me by surprise. What happened at south to let that happen?
It is true about Coach A. He retired as a coach/AD/Teacher last year and then applied to be rehired as AD only. The school board shot that down. As good as he’s been of a basketball coach, he’s been just that bad as an AD. I think the school was ready to move on. I hate to see it and I do think he could do a better job when he’s focusing as AD only. It sounds like regardless it’ll be an upgrade for TCN.

It’s high school football. 80% coach, 20% kids. I’ve seen great kids come through and a crappy coach waste that talent. I’ve seen great coaches get 110% out of mediocre kids.
Culture and expectation is going to drive talent development.
I will agree with this to a point. But I don’t think you know how bad our talent level has been. I do think a better coach could have gotten a lot more out of the kids, but at TVS we don’t get the best pick of coaches. Our top 4 candidates turned us down this year, so it’s not like we will get another Dave Miller anytime soon. I hope the current coach works out. Everyone needs to catch their first break and Fogle got that. If he can get the kids to buy in and start to get the most out of the talent we have. Things will start looking up. Our previous coach didn’t do that.
Cates was at that point in his final 2 years at TVS and he got the athletes to play. We flirted with the playoffs his last 2 years and even beat Covington in back to back seasons, which doesn’t happen much. We just don’t have a good history of keeping good coaches around. If they do good they use us as a stepping stone and I don’t know how to change that.

the WOAC should be competitive with eachother but i wouldn’t count on many playoff runs anytime soon from that league
I think everyone can agree with that. I think it’ll be a competitive league for the teams that are in it. But we have a long way to go before we have teams primed for playoff game runs.

I think everyone can agree with that. I think it’ll be a competitive league for the teams that are in it. But we have a long way to go before we have teams primed for playoff game runs.
but i like the league. the area games are ones i’m excited to see. these schools should’ve been together long before 2021. Preble Shawnee vs Arcanum will have some good battles i think, and i feel like Dixie and Tri County North will have some good runs as well. but the league could also go a decade without a playoff win, but i think most of the member schools will just be content with making it in.

You see, I feel that’s wrong. Who wouldve thought Greenon would be this good 5 years ago?
it’s all cyclical.
of course, there are a LOT of factors in success. the teams you play obviously. but good classes coming up and hiring stable coaches that make the most out of what they have are the most important things. but unless i’ve heard differently, Arcanum and Preble Shawnee are the only schools in this league that i’ve heard have some legit talent coming up. Arcanum was playing great last year, up until the Covington game when they got blasted, and it went down hill. Preble Shawnee is no pushover either, they took a very good Franklin team down to the wire last year. I think these teams will make it into the playoffs fairly consistently- but i don’t see Arcanum competing with Coldwater or Preble Shawnee with Taft or Roger Bacon. but this league is meant to give these teams a chance to build a program, so a decade down the road things could be completely different.

5 years ago, i knew Greenon had talent coming up, but had no idea who the coach would be, or what system they would be running. turns out they made the right hire and had a good chunk of kids that stayed committed and stuck through the hard times.

You see, I feel that’s wrong. Who wouldve thought Greenon would be this good 5 years ago?
it’s all cyclical.
We have waited for more than a couple generations to see a Covington team beat a MAC team in the playoffs, hasn't happened yet. They are either 0-11 or 0-12, I might have lost track. Why would schools who can't compete with Covington suddenly accomplish what Covington could not do? With expanded playoffs more MAC teams will get in than before, that is how Covington will finally get their win over a MAC school.

With more teams qualifying I could see an Arcanum or Ansonia winning a game or two, but not really making a run.

What I will be interested to see is if removing the larger successful programs generates more enthusiasm for a potential conference title. I would expect a couple schools to replace Covington and Miami East as the new perineal powers.

We have waited for more than a couple generations to see a Covington team beat a MAC team in the playoffs, hasn't happened yet. They are either 0-11 or 0-12, I might have lost track. Why would schools who can't compete with Covington suddenly accomplish what Covington could not do? With expanded playoffs more MAC teams will get in than before, that is how Covington will finally get their win over a MAC school.

With more teams qualifying I could see an Arcanum or Ansonia winning a game or two, but not really making a run.

What I will be interested to see is if removing the larger successful programs generates more enthusiasm for a potential conference title. I would expect a couple schools to replace Covington and Miami East as the new perineal powers.
Preble Shawnee will be one. Arcanum and Ansonia have the talent as does Nat Trail. Trail might shock everyone and become the next Miami East.
Shawnee took Franklin and Milton to the very last minute. Waynesville struggled with them too. Other than early season blow outs to Talawanda and Madison, Shawnee was right there. They ended the year on a roll. They will be tough this year.

I agree. Losing 3 potential blowout losses from the schedule just might invigorate a team. These are still 14-18 year old kids. If a program that's not used to a 9-1/8-2/playoff season has one they might find more kids out the next year, and more kids willing to put work in in the off-season.

I know Milton-Union changed after the 2002 season (first playoff). In 2000 they had 33 kids on the team. By 2006 it was 70.

I agree. Losing 3 potential blowout losses from the schedule just might invigorate a team. These are still 14-18 year old kids. If a program that's not used to a 9-1/8-2/playoff season has one they might find more kids out the next year, and more kids willing to put work in in the off-season.

I know Milton-Union changed after the 2002 season (first playoff). In 2000 they had 33 kids on the team. By 2006 it was 70.
TVS lost by a combined total of 153-6 in our games against Covington/FL/ME. That’s with the Covington game getting called in the 2nd quarter. That doesn’t help anybody. One of our wins was against Bethel though.

TVS lost by a combined total of 153-6 in our games against Covington/FL/ME. That’s with the Covington game getting called in the 2nd quarter. That doesn’t help anybody. One of our wins was against Bethel though.
That is another great thing about this new conference. Blowouts kill the care level/fun level in the players of a football program. The new league will help with a lot of that, except for maybe PS vs. Bradford?? Anyway, hopefully the kids in this conference dont look too far into it to see that they made the new conference just because they didnt want to play the better schools anymore

That is another great thing about this new conference. Blowouts kill the care level/fun level in the players of a football program. The new league will help with a lot of that, except for maybe PS vs. Bradford?? Anyway, hopefully the kids in this conference dont look too far into it to see that they made the new conference just because they didnt want to play the better schools anymore
Well, the new conference wasn't made just because the schools didn't want to play the better schools anymore. Covington was invited, but they rejected the offer. Getting away from Bethel has nothing to do with how good they are at football, more with how big their school is getting. Which is the same with Miami East. It does work out that it will help the WOAC with being more competitive in football, but in other sports it'll be similar to what the CCC is. I really think the change is better for everyone though and the new TRC is going to be a great conference that will help the better schools with having a more competitive football schedule as well.

>>> Who is the most athletic kid in the CCC this last and upcoming season for football?

Sarver from Tri-Village has to up amongst the top. QB and safety. He throws a decent ball and makes plays on defense.

I see i see, well that is understandable then. Who is the most athetic kid in the CCC this last and upcoming season for football?
I would say the Woodall kid from Trail last year was a great overall athlete. I know he had some injuries in football but when he played he was good. Cates from Covington last year was a great athlete. Sarver from Tri Village is another one that we will see do great things for the next 2 years. A 6'4 QB that is a heck of an athlete. I'm not as familiar with the Fort Loramie guys but they have some studs. The RB/LB mentioned before on here (Hoying maybe??), is definitely another one to watch. Stinson, the QB from TCN is another great athlete. He's been 1st team all CCC in basketball his Sophomore/Junior year..

Sa
I would say the Woodall kid from Trail last year was a great overall athlete. I know he had some injuries in football but when he played he was good. Cates from Covington last year was a great athlete. Sarver from Tri Village is another one that we will see do great things for the next 2 years. A 6'4 QB that is a heck of an athlete. I'm not as familiar with the Fort Loramie guys but they have some studs. The RB/LB mentioned before on here (Hoying maybe??), is definitely another one to watch. Stinson, the QB from TCN is another great athlete. He's been 1st team all CCC in basketball his Sophomore/Junior year..
IMO being 6’4 and extremely athletic Sarver has biggest upside going forward but Woodall right now is best athlete in conference.

IMO being 6’4 and extremely athletic Sarver has biggest upside going forward but Woodall right now is best athlete in conference.
Woodall is gone now, so Sarver may be the best athlete with upside in the conference. At 6'4 he's a heck of a QB, he's a player of the year candidate on the basketball court (will likely finish behind Harrison this year in voting), and qualified for the state track meet in high jump. That's pretty impressive. I don't want to count out any of the FL kids, as I don't know much about them, since we only see them in football. I'm sure Covington/ME have some guys too..

Any updates on any of the CCC schools with the summer work outs?

As stated, I know TVS has right around 40 kids and the plan is for 7 vs. 7 games to begin on 7/16. I'm interested to see if that actually happens, but I know that's the plan as of now.

No Montgomery County schools will be playing based on this latest COVID shutdown. Masks for everyone. Miami County is ok as is Darke and Preble.

No Montgomery County schools will be playing based on this latest COVID shutdown. Masks for everyone. Miami County is ok as is Darke and Preble.
That's good for the CCC schools that Miami, Darke and Preble are OK as of now. It'll be interesting to see what happens this week. I would be shocked if the 7vs7 games for this week are actually played. I saw a social media post tonight and the TVS football team is still planning on playing Greenville in 7vs7 on Thursday night. It was noted that the game could get cancelled and if so they will have a normal camp/workout night..