La Salle HC Job Open

Completely shocked this thread hasn't blown up already based on all the talk throughout the season. Who has the scoop?

Not much scoop... you can turn it into a rumor mill of negativity or you can focus on the purpose of the tweet... The goal is to find a new head coach. I hope this thread can stay positive as this team could compete for a state title next season. I stepped down yesterday. I wish the program and all associated with it the absolute best. Any personal questions... you are welcome to pick up the phone.

Coach Root
(513) 604-7433

Last edited:
Not much scoop... you can turn it into a rumor mill of negativity or you can focus on the purpose of the tweet... The goal is to find a new head coach. I hoe this thread can stay positive as this team could compete for a state title next season. I stepped down yesterday. I wish the program and all associated with it the absolute best. Any personal questions... you are welcome to pick up the phone.

Coach Root
(513) 604-7433
Good luck with your next endeavor. Being a Head Coach will certainly consume your life if done correctly. I can attest to that.

Good luck with your next endeavor. Being a Head Coach will certainly consume your life if done correctly. I can attest to that.
I have to give coaches mad respect. Ya are forced to invest way more time then any other sport for less pay then most sports. Wrestling coaches are grossly underappreciated and corporate employers aren't adjusting their schedule to a wrestling tournament ( almost gotta be an educator to have the flexibility, now a day). I can name off a dozen programs in Southwest Ohio with coaching change. My hope is the future of coaching well doesn't dry up, because tomorrow's generation aren't that interested and my job need all their employees to save their energy for them( my nickname at work is Sponge).

Not much scoop... you can turn it into a rumor mill of negativity or you can focus on the purpose of the tweet... The goal is to find a new head coach. I hope this thread can stay positive as this team could compete for a state title next season. I stepped down yesterday. I wish the program and all associated with it the absolute best. Any personal questions... you are welcome to pick up the phone.

Coach Root
(513) 604-7433

Good Luck Coach

Any names floating around for the new head coach? And will all the amazing wrestlers that LaSalle has stay?

Coach Murnan - Long Time Head Coach at Mason ; Family Connections at LaSalle and former athletes on current team has been rumored to be targeted to handle this transition.

It is rumored that Aaron Gibson, former head coach at Lebanon high school and assistant coach at Princeton and Loveland high school is extremely interested in this opportunity and has become a front runner among applicants

A few things:
-I can confirm that I am NOT a front runner as I have NOT applied for the head coaching position at La Salle.

-Good luck to La Salle H.S.

-I may be going to the upcoming Lakota West/La Salle football game (as a football fan)...depending on Covid restrictions.

Last edited:
It is rumored that Aaron Gibson, former head coach at Lebanon high school and assistant coach at Princeton and Loveland high school is extremely interested in this opportunity and has become a front runner among applicants
Also heard that Gibson was front runner for LaSalle HC job. Would’ve been a steal for LaSalle, as Princeton and Loveland took his unreal wrestling knowledge for granted. Hopefully someone realizes what they are missing out on with not hiring Gibson