Barberton Football 2020

OK, back to actual football talk. Who do the Magics have returning that played key roles last year?

Say what you will about Gotto but he has a record of success in places that previously had some real problems. His success is even more impressive given what he loses every year to other schools.

In our game I was most impressed with db Hornacek (long td int) and wr Watkins (170 yds receiving) who both return. Fox was their best lb (imo) and he returns also. I think the QB too. So that is a good nucleus off the bat. The rb who transferred to Hoban surprises me. He was not that impressive but that was only 1 game. Do rb's not like the rb coach or system or what?

In our game I was most impressed with db Hornacek (long td int) and wr Watkins (170 yds receiving) who both return. Fox was their best lb (imo) and he returns also. I think the QB too. So that is a good nucleus off the bat. The rb who transferred to Hoban surprises me. He was not that impressive but that was only 1 game. Do rb's not like the rb coach or system or what?

He's pretty good. Take a look at his online highlights. He must have just had a rough week against the Tigers. I was surprised he ended up at Barberton as he was pursued pretty heavily by the privates coming into 9th grade. I have a suspicion that Gotto doesn't take any **** and doesn't put anyone ahead of the team and that may not appeal to some "star" players, but that's no more than a guess.

Lost entire o line, all receivers. QB is returning. Barberton has running backs that will surprise.
D lost allot also

All the players that you mentioned above graduated along with the QB. They did have a very nice jv team, pretty sure they only lost 1 or 2 games games. The varsity will be very young this year, This could be a tough year for them as the strength of schedule is much better.
You would need to ask the parents of the rb's that left. I would say that a player that didn't play much at St.V, then came back to Barberton, rushed for 1800+ yards and 20+ touchdowns had to like the system. Sometimes discipline comes into play, I will leave it at that.

Sorry I googled the roster but must have been last year's. :rolleyes: Thanks. And yes, I would also say multiple transferring (more than once) is usually a red flag and/or at least something to be cautious about.

Sorry I googled the roster but must have been last year's. :rolleyes: Thanks. And yes, I would also say multiple transferring (more than once) is usually a red flag and/or at least something to be cautious about.
It is nice to have normal discussions about a sport that we enjoy watching. There is nothing better than watching HS football on a Friday night. I do know that the players that grow up in, and play for Barberton, will give it their all every Friday night, no matter who they face.

He's pretty good. Take a look at his online highlights. He must have just had a rough week against the Tigers. I was surprised he ended up at Barberton as he was pursued pretty heavily by the privates coming into 9th grade. I have a suspicion that Gotto doesn't take any **** and doesn't put anyone ahead of the team and that may not appeal to some "star" players, but that's no more than a guess.
You guess well my friend.(y)

I still stand by we go 10 0 on the season. Massillon talks too much, never wins anything, never has. Even with recruiting they still can't ever win anything. At the game these fans behind me in line were knocking Jackson, saying they don't have a following. I turned around and said they don't worry about the hoopla, that school just wins state titles. They were like barberton never won crap, I said we got more titles as a school than you do, 1. Needless to say they continued about how great they were when they are one of Ohio's schools to never win anything. Outside of Aurora I don't see us losing, if the greenwave don't beat is no one will

I still stand by we go 10 0 on the season. Massillon talks too much, never wins anything, never has. Even with recruiting they still can't ever win anything. At the game these fans behind me in line were knocking Jackson, saying they don't have a following. I turned around and said they don't worry about the hoopla, that school just wins state titles. They were like barberton never won crap, I said we got more titles as a school than you do, 1. Needless to say they continued about how great they were when they are one of Ohio's schools to never win anything. Outside of Aurora I don't see us losing, if the greenwave don't beat is no one will
???
Dream on ! Last year it was a 25 pt beating this year you should be happy if you are within 40.

???
Dream on ! Last year it was a 25 pt beating this year you should be happy if you are within 40.
I doubt that. We will be much better than last year whereas I see Massillon tailing off some. Although with the recruits u guys bring it it's amazing how you guys get them. Markim mckinnies dad said you offered a vehicle, housing, and a job. U may debunk that but he said it.

I doubt that. We will be much better than last year whereas I see Massillon tailing off some. Although with the recruits u guys bring it it's amazing how you guys get them. Markim mckinnies dad said you offered a vehicle, housing, and a job. U may debunk that but he said it.
Why would you think we would tail off some ? Clearly you haven’t looked at our roster.
Why would we want Mckinnie we already have 3 backs better then him.

I don't wanna go back and forth, I just want to see Massillon vs Barberton kids. You can't tell me in all honesty that you don't believe your team cheats to be good, and you can't tell me you wouldn't love to see a predominant all Massillon kids team run the table. We destroyed your Jayvee and freshman teams, what does that tell you?

I don't wanna go back and forth, I just want to see Massillon vs Barberton kids. You can't tell me in all honesty that you don't believe your team cheats to be good, and you can't tell me you wouldn't love to see a predominant all Massillon kids team run the table. We destroyed your Jayvee and freshman teams, what does that tell you?

Dream on. Your Magics will not win in 2020. As far after next season, will Barberton renew in 2021? I doubt it.

LOL! This is a football thread. Barberton is 7-38-1 all time against the Tigers. Maybe that is why you hate Massillon so much?

Isn’t Barberton an open enrollment school district ? That’s not cheating.
When a kid enrolls at Massillon he is a Massillon kid.
What that tells me is that Fresh and JV games mean NOTHING. The fresh score was 22-16 so don’t go running your mouth when you don’t have the facts right.
As I said be happy if you are within 40 this year and as Maxie said we aren’t expecting Barberton to renew the contract.

Isn’t Barberton an open enrollment school district ? That’s not cheating.
When a kid enrolls at Massillon he is a Massillon kid.
What that tells me is that Fresh and JV games mean NOTHING. The fresh score was 22-16 so don’t go running your mouth when you don’t have the facts right.
As I said be happy if you are within 40 this year and as Maxie said we aren’t expecting Barberton to renew the contract.
Wait so their freshman team didn’t destroy ours? Why has that been repeated over and over by every Barberton fan as if it was the crowning achievement of the season for the football program? Lol congrats you beat our freshman by 6 when we didn’t have Crable or Pledgure

Why would you think we would tail off some ? Clearly you haven’t looked at our roster.
Why would we want Mckinnie we already have 3 backs better then him.
What he said about the players Dad is true. He posted it to another social web site, saying what was offered, and that Barberton wasn't giving him anything. The player quit the team after the Massillon game, and later transferred to Hoban.

What he said about the players Dad is true. He posted it to another social web site, saying what was offered, and that Barberton wasn't giving him anything. The player quit the team after the Massillon game, and later transferred to Hoban.
Of course it’s true, it makes perfect sense that some dad says Massillon offered a car, a house and a job and yet he turned that down to go to Hoban.
If Barberton is such a great school to play football why is everyone leaving ?

Of course it’s true, it makes perfect sense that some dad says Massillon offered a car, a house and a job and yet he turned that down to go to Hoban.
They are not, they are like 90% of all other public schools that offer an education and extra curricular activities. Open enrollment is used there for what it was designed for. Sorry you can't man up and agree with ANYTHING anyone not from Massillon has to say. Someone at some point has to be right wouldn't you think?

All I am saying is the The Dad posted what was said to him, and that part is the truth. Whether he is lying or not I wouldn't know. You can believe whatever you want.

They are not, they are like 90% of all other public schools that offer an education and extra curricular activities. Open enrollment is used there for what it was designed for. Sorry you can't man up and agree with ANYTHING anyone not from Massillon has to say. Someone at some point has to be right wouldn't you think?
Wow seriously get some help and stop following me around like a lost puppy. It’s weird but typical of followers like you.