Granville Football Coach

Anybody able to confirm the rumors or have anymore insight? Pretty late in the game so I feel like an announcement should be made soon.

Pending Board approval, Wes Schroeder will be the next Head Football Coach at Granville.

Coach Schroeder is coming off a 9-1 season, where he guided @AllenEastFball to their first championship since 1990 and was named the 2019 NW District State Coach of the Year.

This seems like a pretty good hire. My best guess is the Northwest Conference is a smaller version of the LCL, with similar program supports and traditions but drastic differences in demographics (rural, small, no growth) to the LCL (less rural, mid-sized with the suburban growth and a higher ceiling for the bigger schools.) Playing Licking Heights and Watkins will be different than Paulding, Bluffton and Ada.

Having been a coach in the Olentangy district (Liberty) is also a big plus. Rural NWO is different from Granville, but that previous experience of working with a parent base similar to Granville will help.

Granville Football just got better.

Wes will do an outstanding job there, he ran the air raid (Tony Franklin variation) with his own touch on it. The kids LOVED it at Allen East. He had resigned in December when he wife took a job in Columbus area, so he was already coming to the area again to live. FYI, last name is pronounced Shh-Ray-Derr

Hearing this is a great hire for Granville

Wes a Offensive or Defensive Guy ?
Offensive guy. Runs a version of the Air Raid and won at a small school that hadn't had much success in the years before he took over. I say this is a great hire for the Aces. Not sure what Granville has coming back though offensively.

Offensive guy. Runs a version of the Air Raid and won at a small school that hadn't had much success in the years before he took over. I say this is a great hire for the Aces. Not sure what Granville has coming back though offensively.

That is great to hear be interesting how they move forward from Buttermore. I am not sure what they have coming back. If I recall hearing they had a big Sophomore class. Interested who Schroeder gets as assistants or if Buttermore has taken any with him to UA

Granville Football just got better.

Wes will do an outstanding job there, he ran the air raid (Tony Franklin variation) with his own touch on it. The kids LOVED it at Allen East. He had resigned in December when he wife took a job in Columbus area, so he was already coming to the area again to live. FYI, last name is pronounced Shh-Ray-Derr
LOL, got better? They don't come much more accomplished than Buttermore, yet you think this guy is better?