Looking ahead to next year

Risk vrs Reward

Quick Teen Driving Facts
Teens are 10 times more likely to be in a fatal car accident than adults.
Motor vehicle crashes are the number one cause of death among teenagers in the US.
Most of the fatal teen car accidents occur six months after obtaining the license.
Two-thirds of teen passenger deaths occur with other teens behind the wheel.

Should we stop teens from driving?

Youngsters are healthy and the Covid presents far less prospect of death than driving. Let's stop this madness. Maybe they wrestler with no fans. Facebook provides options for all to watch matches.

There is a much larger picture here folks. How many teens will develop substance abuse issues? How many mental health issues? How many youngsters won't develop to their full potential?

Risk vrs Reward

Quick Teen Driving Facts
Motor vehicle crashes are the number one cause of death among teenagers in the US.
Most of the fatal teen car accidents occur six months after obtaining the license.

Youngsters are healthy and the Covid presents far less prospect of death than driving. Let's stop this madness. Maybe they wrestler with no fans. Facebook provides options for all to watch matches.

There is a much larger picture here folks. How many teens will develop substance abuse issues? How many mental health issues? How many youngsters won't develop to their full potential?

Can you tell me what the long term effects are on teenagers' health from getting COVID?

Last edited:
Risk vrs Reward

Quick Teen Driving Facts

It is not about the young people passing from Covid, it is them passing it to others that are much more susceptible. Not sure why this is not clear.

It is not about the young people passing from Covid, it is them passing it to others that are much more susceptible. Not sure why this is not clear.
It's very clear. Parents decide whether their child can wrestle or be involved in extracurricular. The family sacrifices for their children. I trust our population to make the correct decisions. Life is moving forward and there will be fatalities. The elderly and those with health issues need to isolate or take precautions they deem necessary. Life and the economy must move forward. This Pandemic will be forgotten about very quickly if our economy collapses.

It's very clear. Parents decide whether their child can wrestle or be involved in extracurricular. The family sacrifices for their children. I trust our population to make the correct decisions. Life is moving forward and there will be fatalities. The elderly and those with health issues need to isolate or take precautions they deem necessary. Life and the economy must move forward. This Pandemic will be forgotten about very quickly if our economy collapses.
So what is your opinion on High School Wrestling taking place 2020-2021 season?

Can you tell me what the long term effects are on teenagers' health from getting COVID?

Can you answer that question? Did you drive around town today? Ohio is opening ,I hope we can handle the consequences. Get sports back in the planning stages. My sons are done wrestling. But, I can assure you they would be training now if not. It's about can do. Life is about risk vrs reward. Wrestling rewarded my sons and I want others to have the opportunity.

So what is your opinion on High School Wrestling taking place 2020-2021 season?
I'm scared it won't happen for the wrong reasons. I hope the community steps up if not. Clubs can form and hopefully a state tournament still happens. Vast majority of youngsters are safe even with Covid. It's our job to make sure wrestling opportunities exist for the 20-21 school year. It seems clubs will offer opportunities but to how many? I want every wrestler that wants to wrestle to have the opportunity next year. The conversation needs to start immediately. Those that wait for things to happen are usually still waiting for things to happen.

If we do have a season, I think they might require temperature checks at weigh ins and limit the number of teams able to participate. Or they might go to an all dual or tri season to limit contact. I can't see tournaments with 20+ teams taking place.

If we do have a season, I think they might require temperature checks at weigh ins and limit the number of teams able to participate. Or they might go to an all dual or tri season to limit contact. I can't see tournaments with 20+ teams taking place.
And to think a bad skin check could end a wrestler from going to the State Tournament. High temperatures after working out to make weight is a whole new ballgame. Ringworm looks like child play to what's going to happen this year.