Spring Football Prediction // ThisWeek + Snodgrass

If you feel the best answer for you is to stay in your ark, stay home. Let me worry about me.
No, we need you to worry about other people as well. It can't be just you worrying about you and me worrying about me. Nothing progresses with that narrow minded approach. Try being apart of the team working towards the same goal. Don't you think we can all be descent human beings and try to save lives and figure out a way to not kill the economy? Because a lot of people have done the responsible thing and helped lessen the death toll, so many of you see that as proof that it's not bad at all. No, it means we helped lessen the death toll.

Yes it is. He should just not say anything.
It's not what he said but this is becoming completely clear. There definitely is someone hearing what they want to hear. A virus is not a political issue. If you hate the people you are listening to you will not hear the true message. That is becoming obvious.

Stay home and stay safe if that is what makes you happy.

No, we need you to worry about other people as well. It can't be just you worrying about you and me worrying about me. Nothing progresses with that narrow minded approach. Try being apart of the team working towards the same goal. Don't you think we can all be descent human beings and try to save lives and figure out a way to not kill the economy? Because a lot of people have done the responsible thing and helped lessen the death toll, so many of you see that as proof that it's not bad at all. No, it means we helped lessen the death toll.
I am a part of the team and the team wants to play. There is not team sitting at home in fear of the action. The only way as I see it is to live our lives and make good choices when it comes to space and socializing. Forcing me or others to stay home does nothing. No, it means we may have flattened the curve so instead of dealing with it for 6 weeks we may be dealing with it for 6 months. Either way we still have to deal with it.

I agree. As good, responsible citizens, it is right to care about the fears and worries of others. But to focus on one fear and ignore all the others and state those fears are being selfish or uneducated is not being a good and responsible citizen. That is happening, on these threads and everywhere else on social media.

EXACTLY!!! So you make your choice and let everyone else make theirs. Pretty simple. Don't blame me if you get sick. I'm an essential working, by their definition, so my life has carried on without major change.
And I applaud and thank you for putting your health at risk for many of your fellow citizens. Thank you!

And I applaud and thank you for putting your health at risk for many of your fellow citizens. Thank you!
We as individuals do this every day when we put our feet on the floor and leave our beds. Managing the risk is our choice. Just as spreading fear is yours.

I agree. As good, responsible citizens, it is right to care about the fears and worries of others.
I agree with this, but if a person has a fear of guns I would simply say do not purchase one. If I want to, your fear should not stop me.

So when Fauci said American citizens do not need to worry about this virus in late Jan he didn't know what he was talking about, but saying now that schools cannot open until we have a vaccine he is absolutely correct?
All he can do is make statements on the current available data, info, and stats as he gets them. And it seems like as that info changes, he reassess the new data, info and stats and issues statements based on them. Common sense. You make statements based on the latest updates and info.

I agree. As good, responsible citizens, it is right to care about the fears and worries of others. But to focus on one fear and ignore all the others and state those fears are being selfish or uneducated is not being a good and responsible citizen. That is happening, on these threads and everywhere else on social media.

Great point. It seems a lot of people assume that because some of us think we need to reopen the economy, send kids back to school, start getting life back to normal etc... that we don't care about other people or take the coronavirus serious. There is more to this than sick people and the elderly and health compromised dying. I have followed reccommended guidelines, stayed at home, social distanced, done everything that was asked to protect my loved ones and others I come in contact with. I have also been a proponent of moving life back to normal. The goal of all of this was to FLATTEN THE CURVE! It was never suppose to be about shutting down the world and ending normal life as we know it until we have a vaccine. They may never find a true vaccine. The flu vaccination is a little more than a guesstimate of what strain may pop up that year, not a true vaccination like say the measles or polio. So what then? What happens if a year from now there is no vaccine? We just shut down all the schools? Close all the restaurants? Never get a haircut again? The cure cannot be worse than the disease. If we reach Great Depression levels of unemployment, 100 of thousands of people will die as a side effect be it from starvation, lack of medical care, suicide, exposure. 100 of thousands of dead people is a tragedy regardless of the cause.

True with those 2 but they are in Texas and Tennessee...... little harder to keep them closed down there than California, Oregon, Mass, NY, Maryland(DC) or Ohio

Not accurate at all for Texas. They are leading the way with public schools, very large public school districts (Dallas, San Antonio, SW Houston) already saying flat out that Blended Learning is the most likely scenario and sports in fall is "unclear".

Not accurate at all for Texas. They are leading the way with public schools, very large public school districts (Dallas, San Antonio, SW Houston) already saying flat out that Blended Learning is the most likely scenario and sports in fall is "unclear".

I would be willing to bet a substantial amount of money that the state of Texas will have high school football in the fall, regardless of how "unclear" things are today.

Ok. "Most likely scenario" and "unclear" are hardly definitive statements.

So when Fauci said American citizens do not need to worry about this virus in late Jan he didn't know what he was talking about, but saying now that schools cannot open until we have a vaccine he is absolutely correct?
Where is the quote where Fauci decreed that "schools cannot open until we have a vaccine?"

Ok. "Most likely scenario" and "unclear" are hardly definitive statements.

It's pretty dang clear, knowing teachers in those districts who have been told, as in same in Ohio, "start planning on what is absolutely necessary to be taught this fall in your subject". I'm sure you can put two and two together what this means.

You know what is definitive? A vaccine. How is that looking right now?

It's pretty dang clear, knowing teachers in those districts who have been told, as in same in Ohio, "start planning on what is absolutely necessary to be taught this fall in your subject". I'm sure you can put two and two together what this means.

You know what is definitive? A vaccine. How is that looking right now?
A vaccine is hardly definitive. Not everyone will take it. If it's like the flu which mutates every year then you're just guessing if you have the right one. Some years flu vaccine is right some years not so much.

It's good that schools and teachers are preparing for any scenario. I would expect them to. It's called contingency planning.

Where is the quote where Fauci decreed that "schools cannot open until we have a vaccine?"
[/QUOTE]
I believe in his testimony to the Senate yesterday he responded to a question about colleges opening to on site instruction this fall. He didn’t exactly say no vaccine, no school. I think he urged extreme caution and said it would be very tough.

On both sides of the argument, we have to realize that the medical experts are going through brutal “on the job training”. They will be right sometimes, they will be wrong sometimes. There is no playbook or textbook that they can go to to learn how to stop the spread of a never before encountered virus that has spread globally. Sure, there have been flu pandemics in the last century, but since the 50’s there has always been a vaccine that they can start from as a foundation. Other outbreaks such as Ebola have been more localized. The medical experts are all going to err on the side of caution, so they are going to always go with the most effective tool they have at that moment, and right now that is shut down. But society cannot shut down for a year or more. So the path forward will take the competing variables of society, the death toll, and the economy and come up with some mix that won’t satisfy any very well.

I don’t see football happening this fall. The impact of one single positive test would destroy any plan. Think about it. One player tests positive on Tuesday afternoon. That means you have to self quarantine the team plus any other team they have been in contact with the previous two weeks. Severe domino effect.

A vaccine is hardly definitive. Not everyone will take it. If it's like the flu which mutates every year then you're just guessing if you have the right one. Some years flu vaccine is right some years not so much.

It's good that schools and teachers are preparing for any scenario. I would expect them to. It's called contingency planning.

Not sure you are comprehending what is being said...kids aren't coming back full time, zero chance. What do you think this means for sports?

Not sure you are comprehending what is being said...kids aren't coming back full time, zero chance. What do you think this means for sports?
If kids are unable to return to school for in person instruction, there won't be sports. If there is blended learning I think there could be sports.

I personally think kids should be able to go to school this fall and I think sports should be allowed.

Not sure you are comprehending what is being said...kids aren't coming back full time, zero chance.
Where did you see that at ( not 2nd hand info but written down ). Sweden did a study and said their is no proof at all of C - 19 being transmitted from a child to an adult. If that's true it would be stupid to keep grade schools closed.

Experts can be wrong. At one time the greatest scientists in the world said that the earth was flat. I agree that experts can be wrong. All I'm saying is we all have a choice in who we trust and believe in. Simple!

Even the Onion couldn't come up with something like this lol.

This was in the debate forum, probably where this and any other Covid-19 thread on the football board should be, but I thought you would be interested in seeing some of the experts that will be on CNN tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
This was in the debate forum, probably where this and any other Covid-19 thread on the football board should be, but I thought you would be interested in seeing some of the experts that will be on CNN tomorrow. :)
It's really irrelevant who is on. It's who do I trust the most. Same goes for everyone. I can elect to watch or. not watch. I have watched Fox as well. I just want to continue to stay in tune with the latest, because we all know how quickly things change, then decide for myself who and what I believe. And I also want to remind you and others, I am on record for writing that I agree we need to reopen the country, but let's follow the phases and benchmarks that were put in place by the Prez, Vice Prez, and his task force.

It's really irrelevant who is on. It's who do I trust the most. Same goes for everyone. I can elect to watch or. not watch. I have watched Fox as well. I just want to continue to stay in tune with the latest, because we all know how quickly things change, then decide for myself who and what I believe. And I also want to remind you and others, I am on record for writing that I agree we need to reopen the country, but let's follow the phases and benchmarks that were put in place by the Prez, Vice Prez, and his task force.
No, who is on is very relevant.

No, who is on is very relevant.
You just like to argue. I am convinced you are a rebel, and just looking to get things rolling. Time to wrestle with someone else Mr. Pin. Time to get back to only discussing sports. Now that is very relevant regarding who is on.

You just like to argue. I am convinced you are a rebel, and just looking to get things rolling. Time to wrestle with someone else Mr. Pin. Time to get back to only discussing sports. Now that is very relevant regarding who is on.
They have a teenager on their "expert" panel. Of course who they are presenting as "experts" is very relevant because some people take their word as that of being an expert. I am thinking you fall in that category.

They have a teenager on their "expert" panel. Of course who they are presenting as "experts" is very relevant because some people take their word as that of being an expert. I am thinking you fall in that category.
I could really go for a live 2020 OSU vs Michigan football game right about now.