Spring Football Prediction // ThisWeek + Snodgrass

I have been working thru this and I have 3 family members and 2 friends in the medical field. And none of us have seen any death virus that warrants closing the country down. I also know a person, 68 years old, who tested positive, was admitted to the hospital and today is at home with no symptoms of the virus. I am seeing what is right in front of me.
That's another assumption that I've advocated closing the country. I'm merely contending that over 80,000 people have died from this virus and the "excessive' deaths seemed to have started in March. And the deaths persist.
That's what the data appears to show.

I might take my prediction back. Football has zero chance now that colleges are shutting down in the fall. The California story is HUGE. That will likely dictate the end of the college football season for so many reasons.

I don't disagree that is possible but ...... the SEC will play

Not disrespect, but education at home for the majority of students is a waste of time. Saying it is not the same is a major understatement. We are doing the young people in this country a major disservice and many will take years to recover what they lost when school finally does resume. I certainly do not think it is a hoax, but it doesn't mean that it's not been blown out of proportion.
It is about doing the best we can as a society in every aspect of our life to manage and get through this pandemic. Sometimes we need to be flexible and understanding that life doesn't always go the way we planned it.

I have been working thru this and I have 3 family members and 2 friends in the medical field. And none of us have seen any death virus that warrants closing the country down. I also know a person, 68 years old, who tested positive, was admitted to the hospital and today is at home with no symptoms of the virus. I am seeing what is right in front of me.
The country is not closed down. That's just unwarranted panic to say it is. We are running at about 75% or better. Some things are down, they have to be. You are a fool if you get on a plane and travel if you do not have to. Sitting in a restaurant would just be very unwise. I have family in the medical field as well. Some have had little to no experience or exposure to the virus. It sort of proves that things are going well if you have not had to deal with any of the death associated with it. My son has been waist deep in it with a lot of death for over a month now. Cool as a cucumber about it too. Some companies have shifted how they do things and are thriving. We can't cram people into tight spaces, it's just not ethical to do so at this time. You can fight and call people names and put blinders on, but just do a few simple things and we all get out of this faster. Being defiant is not helpful. You are not a child. You know that closing your eyes does not make things magically not exist.

It is about doing the best we can as a society in every aspect of our life to manage and get through this pandemic. Sometimes we need to be flexible and understanding that life doesn't always go the way we planned it.
We have been. Now maybe you need to adjust your expectations a little too and understand how we are going to deal with this mild virus going forward isn't what you want.

The country is not closed down. That's just unwarranted panic to say it is. We are running at about 75% or better. Some things are down, they have to be. You are a fool if you get on a plane and travel if you do not have to. Sitting in a restaurant would just be very unwise. I have family in the medical field as well. Some have had little to no experience or exposure to the virus. It sort of proves that things are going well if you have not had to deal with any of the death associated with it. My son has been waist deep in it with a lot of death for over a month now. Cool as a cucumber about it too. Some companies have shifted how they do things and are thriving. We can't cram people into tight spaces, it's just not ethical to do so at this time. You can fight and call people names and put blinders on, but just do a few simple things and we all get out of this faster. Being defiant is not helpful. You are not a child. You know that closing your eyes does not make things magically not exist.
They may not being children chronologically , BUT starting in the Oval office and tricking down to echo chambers everywhere , there are a lot of 'children " with opinions , and they are no different than little kids who put their hands over their eyes and thinking no one can see them , and kids who incessantly ask 'Are we there yet " on a long car ride .

Only time will tell. It's just a shame that we can't reopen and FOLLOW guidelines. "Poor me/America", many spoiled rotten and entitled. And rules are not for them. They only care about themselves and not others. That is what will make this worse.
You say only time will tell but then tell us what will make it worse. You have already decided without waiting for time.

If it makes you feel better, think of yourself as Noah and you have your ark and a great flood coming soon.(a metaphor for some peoples thoughts) If you are correct, take care of yourself and do not push your agenda on everyone else. We can handle our own future.

I for myself do NOT see this as a hoax. I just don't see it as a reason to be closing down the country.

I’ve been hoping for a little more political discussion on this football forum for awhile now. Finally! :cautious:

it’s looking like everything is going to be slowly opened up by fall time. If a wave 2 would hit that’d change quickly I’d assume.

I don't disagree that is possible but ...... the SEC will play

Some schools will attempt to, I have no doubt Texas A&M and Vanderbilt would be hard sells though. They are pretty high academic institutions compared to the others. Louisiana is a nightmare right now, so you also have that.

Some schools will attempt to, I have no doubt Texas A&M and Vanderbilt would be hard sells though. They are pretty high academic institutions compared to the others. Louisiana is a nightmare right now, so you also have that.

True with those 2 but they are in Texas and Tennessee...... little harder to keep them closed down there than California, Oregon, Mass, NY, Maryland(DC) or Ohio

That's another assumption that I've advocated closing the country. I'm merely contending that over 80,000 people have died from this virus and the "excessive' deaths seemed to have started in March. And the deaths persist.
That's what the data appears to show.
Are you saying 80,000 died WITH Covid-19 or 80,000 died FROM the virus?

In 2017 if someone died from a heart attack but had the flu they were listed as a heart attack death. Is that the case today?

We have been. Now maybe you need to adjust your expectations a little too and understand how we are going to deal with this mild virus going forward isn't what you want.
It's not what I want. It's what the health experts want and gives us the best chance to reopen in the safest manner.

H
You say only time will tell but then tell us what will make it worse. You have already decided without waiting for time.

If it makes you feel better, think of yourself as Noah and you have your ark and a great flood coming soon.(a metaphor for some peoples thoughts) If you are correct, take care of yourself and do not push your agenda on everyone else. We can handle our own future.

I for myself do NOT see this as a hoax. I just don't see it as a reason to be closing down the country.
Horrible example from the standpoint that God told Noah to build the Ark and told him exactly who and what it was built for. This virus will attack anyone.

It's not what I want. It's what the health experts want and gives us the best chance to reopen in the safest manner.

Which experts? There is a lot of disagreement among the "experts" and the "experts" have been completely wrong on this virus many times.

Do you believe Acton is an expert?

Which experts? There is a lot of disagreement among the "experts" and the "experts" have been completely wrong on this virus many times.

Do you believe Acton is an expert?
Not the ones I see every day on TV. They all say the same thing. So we can agree to disagree about the experts. That ends that disagreement regarding the experts. Thanks for your feedback though.

Not the ones I see every day on TV. They all say the same thing. So we can agree to disagree about the experts. That ends that disagreement regarding the experts. Thanks for your feedback though.

LOL, no it does not.

What about Acton? You did not answer my question about her. Do you believe she is an expert?

What stations do you watch?

Do you think because someone is on TV, they are an expert and even if they could be qualified as an expert, you do not think that there are other experts with differing opinions, e.g. a Nobel Laureate from the Stanford School of Medicine.

LOL, no it does not.

What about Acton? You did not answer my question about her. Do you believe she is an expert?

What stations do you watch?

Do you think because someone is on TV, they are an expert and even if they could be qualified as an expert, you do not think that there are other experts with differing opinions, e.g. a Nobel Laureate from the Stanford School of Medicine.
The ones I listen to are Faucci, Birx, and Gupta. They, including your girl Acton, are WAY more qualified than you or me. Period. You listen to and believe who you want to, and I will listen to and believe who I want to. Have a great day!

Just trying to help you, from completely getting brainwashed from all the news media.

The expert governor from Illinois the other day said that boating was permitted but you could only have two people to a boat. When a reporter asked, if a boater has a family of five, does that still mean that only two can go on the boat. The governor said yes. The reporter did not follow up with, so that same family of five can be shut in their home together, but can't be on their boat that sleeps 12 together. We have complete idiots in charge in a lot of places right now.

The ones I listen to are Faucci, Birx, and Gupta. They, including your girl Acton, are WAY more qualified than you or me. Period. You listen to and believe who you want to, and I will listen to and believe who I want to. Have a great day!

Gupta is a hack, that answers one question. You watch CNN. ?

There are a lot of medical experts that disagree with Faucci, including the previously mentioned Nobel Laureate from the Stanford. Birx doesn't even agree with Faucci many times.

You want us to follow the health "experts" that have been wrong....a lot. So what you want and what they want are one in the same essentially.