More DA club defections to ECNL

There is absolutely no value to the ECNL to add another local club. If you take all of the best players in the city and place them on one team only then would you have a chance to compete with the top clubs in the ECNL. OE will never play nice and advocate for another local club to compete in the ECNL. If CUP was on the board and in the ECNL they would never play nice either. The best clubs and players were always in the ECNL until the DA came along. Now the best clubs and players are and will be back in the ECNL moving forward.

The newly formed DA is the old national league with even less competitive clubs. If you look at CUP and DR social media you would believe that the newly formed DA league is the top of the soccer food chain. If this is actually the case then there should be no reason to worry about additional local teams joining the ECNL. Unfortunately that is hype and the reality is we will see players migrate once again to the local ECNL club like they did three years ago. Parents will chase the bright lights and exposure to get the most bang for their $$$$. As they say what goes around comes around and the more things change the more they stay the same.

CUP and KHA have lost a lot of the good DOC’S that they have had over the last three years since the inception of this merger. Tiff, BP, Phil and others left for greener pastures as the corroded power struggle continued between the two clubs. DR was always the little brother literally and figuratively and to his credit he has been loyal almost to a fault. At some point he will be forced to leave because there isn't any ability for him to grow in this situation.

With OE the greatest strength may be the consistency within the hierarchy of the club. Weather you like them or not they have been the only major club in the local market that has been consistent and not a lot of turnover. The saying its not what you know but who you know could never be truer in this situation. They are in the room and the other local clubs are outside banging on the window wanting to get in.

It has always befuddled me that people constantly asked for two local clubs to be in the ECNL. US Soccer didn’t think there was two local clubs good enough to be in the DA and no one questioned that. They forced CUP and KHA to merge their resources and talent just to support one team with two clubs and they were middle of the pack. This alone should put to bed the desire and whining about adding another local club to the ECNL. With the shut down of the DA the ECNL will be even more competitive than before. If the DA couldn’t justify two local clubs in a watered down soccer landscape what makes you think that two local clubs could be justified in what is now the most competitive female youth soccer organization in the world?

So.. just to finish my thoughts on this: Are many of the current and immediate future members of the USNWT/ U-17, U-20 (? I am not sure of how many of these age group teams there are) are from programs in the ECNL (like the developmental teams not the junior and senior high school teams, the three superstars at LW had scholarship offers when they were in 8th grade.), how many were from DA programs and how many were from just solid club programs. Does playing for ECNL teams give one a leg up on scholarship programs or international/national professional prospects (like Pugh: she skipped college, right?) Also, in baseball, if one is asked to play for one of the cut-throat teams (Midland Redskins, Ohio Warhawks, Chi Town Cream), it is pretty much free for the players (free unis, and most travel expenses). Is this the case for the top ECNL teams?

So.. just to finish my thoughts on this: Are many of the current and immediate future members of the USNWT/ U-17, U-20 (? I am not sure of how many of these age group teams there are) are from programs in the ECNL (like the developmental teams not the junior and senior high school teams, the three superstars at LW had scholarship offers when they were in 8th grade.), how many were from DA programs and how many were from just solid club programs. Does playing for ECNL teams give one a leg up on scholarship programs or international/national professional prospects (like Pugh: she skipped college, right?) Also, in baseball, if one is asked to play for one of the cut-throat teams (Midland Redskins, Ohio Warhawks, Chi Town Cream), it is pretty much free for the players (free unis, and most travel expenses). Is this the case for the top ECNL teams?

I think the question locally is what club has had success at the National Level including RL and all the call ups to the Youth National Teams? It appears to me that despite what Yapster says there is not much argument locally when you look at success of players going to the college levels or the National Level. I am not sure why that is to be honest but results speak volumes.

Hey Y'All, long time listener first time caller (always wanted to say that).

I have been reading this forum for a few years and it has been great to understanding a lot of soccer around here. I did want to say a few things though. Full disclosure my kid was hoping to play for the da in a few years when old enough so she was sad to see it go. I do like the sound of the new girls league though lots of excitement.

My kid has not played for DR but many in our age group have and it has been weird to see how a couple people on here are very petty/negative all the time when bringing him up. All I have ever heard is great things especially about if you want to get to college or international soccer camp for Usa he is the best at that and does right by his players. cda seems to have been really good so hopefully it continues at cup.

there is lots of talent in Cincinnati, and I think it is a good thing that lots of girls get access to the national platform. even if the best are not all on one team, isn't it better to have 40 girls in each age able to be in it instead of 20?

good luck to all and stay safe!

I think the question locally is what club has had success at the National Level including RL and all the call ups to the Youth National Teams? It appears to me that despite what Yapster says there is not much argument locally when you look at success of players going to the college levels or the National Level. I am not sure why that is to be honest but results speak volumes.
What club has had the most success locally at the national or near national level? I am truly a novice at this. I just have a 13 Y.O niece that is getting involved.

DR is a great coach which is why I said that he will eventually have to leave because he will have outgrown his situation. I like DR a lot and never once said that he was less than as a coach. He has made enough connections at this point he will be fine.

There is a lot of talent in Cinci and it is good to have the DA and the ECNL. I merely pointed out that neither organization has ever felt that there was justification to have two clubs this close. I cant see this happening as the talent is spread to thin. Both organizations have felt this way which is why it was always confusing to me that there was clamoring to have two ECNL clubs but no chatter on two DA clubs.

Coach you are correct in stating that in more recent years the DA did much better with youth national team callups. Prior to the DA being formed 85%-95% of callups came from the ECNL. Once the DA came along those numbers flipped with 80%-90% of callups coming from the DA. Now that all of the top clubs in the country are back in the ECNL what do you think those percentages are going to look like? 60%-70% of youth national team callups come from the same clubs year after year (they have the JUICE). OE had 20+ well deserving youth national team callups when the ECNL had the JUICE. The DA had a lot of well deserving callups when they had the JUICE. Politics will always rule and he who has the JUICE will magically get the callups.

The same kid that was in every national team camp while at the local DA leaves and magically doesn’t get called up again. The most talented kid locally and its not even close. It’s amazing how your talent is viewed depending on which league you are currently playing in at the time and who has the JUICE. My advice for your niece is to enjoy it and don’t get caught up in the drama. Something that will start out as such joy can quickly turn ugly. If all else fails get on the team with the coach with the JUICE haha.

DR is a great coach which is why I said that he will eventually have to leave because he will have outgrown his situation. I like DR a lot and never once said that he was less than as a coach. He has made enough connections at this point he will be fine.

There is a lot of talent in Cinci and it is good to have the DA and the ECNL. I merely pointed out that neither organization has ever felt that there was justification to have two clubs this close. I cant see this happening as the talent is spread to thin. Both organizations have felt this way which is why it was always confusing to me that there was clamoring to have two ECNL clubs but no chatter on two DA clubs.

Coach you are correct in stating that in more recent years the DA did much better with youth national team callups. Prior to the DA being formed 85%-95% of callups came from the ECNL. Once the DA came along those numbers flipped with 80%-90% of callups coming from the DA. Now that all of the top clubs in the country are back in the ECNL what do you think those percentages are going to look like? 60%-70% of youth national team callups come from the same clubs year after year (they have the JUICE). OE had 20+ well deserving youth national team callups when the ECNL had the JUICE. The DA had a lot of well deserving callups when they had the JUICE. Politics will always rule and he who has the JUICE will magically get the callups.

The same kid that was in every national team camp while at the local DA leaves and magically doesn’t get called up again. The most talented kid locally and its not even close. It’s amazing how your talent is viewed depending on which league you are currently playing in at the time and who has the JUICE. My advice for your niece is to enjoy it and don’t get caught up in the drama. Something that will start out as such joy can quickly turn ugly. If all else fails get on the team with the coach with the JUICE haha.

All I can picture is the Space Jam scene of Michaels Special Juice when reading this!

To your point @yapster2017 who are the coaches that have the juice here in cincy then. It seems more like instead of club you should look to play for a certain coach if you can be on their team?

All I can picture is the Space Jam scene of Michaels Special Juice when reading this!

To your point @yapster2017 who are the coaches that have the juice here in cincy then. It seems more like instead of club you should look to play for a certain coach if you can be on their team?

I'm just being a silly willy. You can google to see that my points are correct in regards to the National team callups. I will not mention coaches specifically. If you don’t know yet just keep your kid playing and you will find out soon enough.

There is absolutely no value to the ECNL to add another local club.

If the DA couldn’t justify two local clubs in a watered down soccer landscape what makes you think that two local clubs could be justified in what is now the most competitive female youth soccer organization in the world?
Started and ended with a...whoops.

???

Announced yesterday Kings Hammer is joining the ECNL Regional Division. This division is the newly formed second tier of ECNL. The ECNL teams second team usually plays in this division. ECNL has stated that they will use this platform to test new clubs. They also have asked Pacesetter and Cleveland Force SC. So it looks like in the future there could be a pathway for 2 ECNL teams in greater Cincinnati.

Announced yesterday Kings Hammer is joining the ECNL Regional Division. This division is the newly formed second tier of ECNL. The ECNL teams second team usually plays in this division. ECNL has stated that they will use this platform to test new clubs. They also have asked Pacesetter and Cleveland Force SC. So it looks like in the future there could be a pathway for 2 ECNL teams in greater Cincinnati.

I think we all know that Ohio Elite is never going to let another Cincinnati team in, history has shown. For anyone except the blind the ECNL regional league and any other 2nd tier is nothing more than a money maker to prop up the top league. They don't get to go to ECNL events or anything, so as a club you get to wear the patch and play everyone's second teams.

I think we all know that Ohio Elite is never going to let another Cincinnati team in, history has shown. For anyone except the blind the ECNL regional league and any other 2nd tier is nothing more than a money maker to prop up the top league. They don't get to go to ECNL events or anything, so as a club you get to wear the patch and play everyone's second teams.

Partially true, Ohio Elite will never let CUP in ECNL. If teams perform well in the regional league i.e. win it, they will be invited to the full ECNL. KHA was essentially told to prove it on the field in season 1 and they will be in.

Partially true, Ohio Elite will never let CUP in ECNL. If teams perform well in the regional league i.e. win it, they will be invited to the full ECNL. KHA was essentially told to prove it on the field in season 1 and they will be in.

I guess time will tell, I cannot see it happening.

Won't be hard to win vs all 2nd teams so best wishes to them. Would be good to see more opportunity in Cincinnati for girls vs less.

Missed a bit here, been busy trying to get my practice reopened.

Hmmmm...little man, big ego, eviscerated from CUP with the current change he is on his way out of Cincy soccer. Perhaps a fresh start will do him well. He's hitched that GA horse to his egomaniac wagon. Cincy soccer won't miss him.

Hammer to the ECNL Regional and eventually Full ECNL? Good for them. Always felt like they were a well run organization. Gentile and Black are both really good guys. Ethics and such don't seem to be an issue there. Interesting how this will likely play itself out. CUP did all they could to take control of the DA leaving most of the hammer kids looking in from the outside. DA beaten by the ECNL and folds. They saddle up on a new unproven league after all but 3 of the big name DA clubs around the country bolt back to the ECNL. , Hammer on the outside looking in, then creates a path to the ECNL while CUP flounders about. Brilliant.

Missed a bit here, been busy trying to get my practice reopened.

Hmmmm...little man, big ego, eviscerated from CUP with the current change he is on his way out of Cincy soccer. Perhaps a fresh start will do him well. He's hitched that GA horse to his egomaniac wagon. Cincy soccer won't miss him.

Hammer to the ECNL Regional and eventually Full ECNL? Good for them. Always felt like they were a well run organization. Gentile and Black are both really good guys. Ethics and such don't seem to be an issue there. Interesting how this will likely play itself out. CUP did all they could to take control of the DA leaving most of the hammer kids looking in from the outside. DA beaten by the ECNL and folds. They saddle up on a new unproven league after all but 3 of the big name DA clubs around the country bolt back to the ECNL. , Hammer on the outside looking in, then creates a path to the ECNL while CUP flounders about. Brilliant.

"Little man, big ego" HAHAHa, pretty much says it all.

So help me understand all of this. This coach who has had a bunch of success getting girls up to the national teams is leaving the area after another coach who coached for the other prominent program that had a bunch of success getting her players at the national level leaves the area and everyone is happy in Cincy? I know of four young ladies in southern Ohio that are super well respected players (3 at LW and one who went to Beavercreek) and all of them got their initial call ups to the national program and their scholarship offers when they played at for the DA I think. Now that program is no more and the Cincy area female soccer club situation in Cincy is better for it? I hope the ECNL program in Cincy has that much success in the very near future. I, for one, will hopefully be watching the two LW players that are left in the area, play on an odd Saturday evening. Maybe one of those four I mentioned will someday be the next Rose.

The situation revolving around YNT call ups was 100% manipulated for the sake of the DA. It was the last thing they had going for them. If you paid attention every year over the last 3 regardless of the top teams and players leaving to go back to the ECNL they pulled more and more of a % from the DA. It wasn't about the best players it was the one and only thing US Soccer could do to justify their league. Again as I mentioned earlier SD who came from Hammer and KD who came from CUP were always amazing players from U9 on and were without question deserving but the bulk of the best players were in the ECNL and the mix did not reflect that. Goes back to the very thing that sunk the DA from the minute it started. It was about the clubs and not the players a god ol boy network of DA club coaches feeding their own ego's ( ya' follow me here?) trying to make a name for themselves. If you think Rise, West Side Alliance, Indy Premier, Philadelphia Ukraine, Baltimore Celtic-Union, Salvo SC are suddenly going to become the mecca of player development because they are suddenly in the newly formed GA, well you may have to look back at the same thing that happened in the DA and ask yourself how that happened. Answer? It didn't.

There is a reason the power conferences "Of the year" awards were dominated by ECNL girls. No politics based on Club affiliation just play. The ACC unarguably the best overall conference in the NCAA 10 of 11 and the PAC-12 had 8 of 11 Freshman of the year were from the ECNL! So 18 out of 22 freshman from the best soccer schools in the nation came from the ECNL? Did this years YNT U19 squad reflect that? The truth is in the numbers.

Leagues don't develop players. Clubs play a role in player development.

"Coaches do not make great players; mothers and fathers make great players." - Bill Shankly

I'll add that I believe TR and BP had way more to do with where those two young girls development landed, and really they were both just amazing natural talents from the start. The lilliputian leprechaun had little to do with who those fantastic girls became. Both started down the path of success before he was involved. I'll add that I believe RA, AG and DB over the last few years from OE were are as good if not better in some ways but??? AG and DB will be at UD together the next 3 years so that will be fun to watch and AG tore it up this year.

When Yapster starts yapin just be BERRY BERRY quiet WITTLE WABBIT and start listening. I tried to spill the tea a week ago and some didn’t listen. When you know you know and if you don’t know I feel for ya.

When Yapster starts yapin just be BERRY BERRY quiet WITTLE WABBIT and start listening. I tried to spill the tea a week ago and some didn’t listen. When you know you know and if you don’t know I feel for ya.

"Oh, the places you'll go! There is fun to be done! "

Well I must be desperate for things to do as I’m going to comment. :unsure: But DA was simply trying to use the same method that ECNL did to establish themselves, use their ‘juice’ so to speak get the call up the players will come. DA took that ’juice’ away from ECNL, then folded before it gained any momentum. ECNL is just as guilty of playing politics to lure the players to make their name, their money and attain power.
You know there is a player that never got the call up while ECNL had the juice? She didn’t play for them, but she played against them 1-2x a season since she was 11 yrs old. They know her, even later tried to attach their name to her while she was in college. Nothing sweeter than having your game speak louder than any politics. Hang in there parents, let your aspiring star’s game and work ethic speak.
Peace out. ✌
PS Someone let me out of isolation, please. ?

Pro's ladies and gentlemen pro's. If you want to catch the eye of someone like me, who is just an innocent bystander, produce Professionals. And, like I asked earlier. If I had a daughter good enough to make the ECNL national 18U team.. do I pay or is it taken care of at that level? if I pay, than the local ECNL team needs to find themselves a big time sponsor. An oddly enough, I think that would not be as hard one might think.

Pro's ladies and gentlemen pro's. If you want to catch the eye of someone like me, who is just an innocent bystander, produce Professionals. And, like I asked earlier. If I had a daughter good enough to make the ECNL national 18U team.. do I pay or is it taken care of at that level? if I pay, than the local ECNL team needs to find themselves a big time sponsor. An oddly enough, I think that would not be as hard one might think.
Soccer isn't a great revenue or sponsor sport in the US.

In the history of MLS, the league has never made a profit. In 2019, only 7 MLS teams turned a profit. It's hard to grab sponsors for something that has such a low ROI.

I don't know, the attendance at FC Cincy is impressive. That is a lot of eyeballs and the younger generation is getting older and if they can ever get out from under those ridiculous student loans, they will have money.

I don't know, the attendance at FC Cincy is impressive. That is a lot of eyeballs and the younger generation is getting older and if they can ever get out from under those ridiculous student loans, they will have money.
It doesn't matter what you "know." It's the facts.

Attendance declined overall in MLS this year. TV viewership did as well. Heck, even the USWNT World Cup finals went from a 26m viewership in 2015 to a 14m viewership in 2019 -- domestic numbers.

It doesn't matter what you "know." It's the facts.

Attendance declined overall in MLS this year. TV viewership did as well. Heck, even the USWNT World Cup finals went from a 26m viewership in 2015 to a 14m viewership in 2019 -- domestic numbers.
Really, FC Cincy seems to do really well in term of attendance as well as Atlanta. I watched the finals of the world cup with a few thousand of my closest friends down on the Banks. Seemed to be pretty enthusiastic to me. Very young crowd. Bodes well for the future to me.