The Official NE8 Thread

Does Poland repeat in the NE8? kinda funny they played struthers week 10 and 11 last year

remember when the browns and oilers did the same thing in the late 80s lol

Does Poland repeat in the NE8? kinda funny they played struthers week 10 and 11 last year

remember when the browns and oilers did the same thing in the late 80s lol
I think they do. The league as a whole might be down this season.
niles returns their qb.
Struthers returns theirs.
Hubbard has a nice back
lakeview returns the coaches son who will attempt to throw some
Girard?
Range??
Jefferson nothing to say.

He hopes there’s no football so lakeview isn’t very bad again
You can say that again. He is all over the other threads saying all the Valley schools coaches and ADs don't want to play and how no parents want their kids to play. He is full of crap and fear and is hoping there is no football because he knows his team is going to be terrible.

He could not be any more incorrect about teams and coaches that do not want to play this fall. Everyone wants to play, maybe not Lakeview because they are but everyone else does want to play. They are going to play. This hysteria will be over by July.

He could not be any more incorrect about teams and coaches that do not want to play this fall. Everyone wants to play, maybe not Lakeview because they are but everyone else does want to play. They are going to play. This hysteria will be over by July.
I agree 100%. How's Struthers looking? I know there's not much going on right now. I had the chance to talk to Coach Bayuk a couple of times before this mess hit and he said he was impressed with a couple of the kids that he met. Was really impressed with the turnout in the weightroom.

I think Poland stays in top. The next tier will be Struthers, Hubbard and either South Range or Niles. Girards lack of talent will be apparent this year, their CB # was zero so that means no significant transfers either. They will battle Lakeview for second worst. Jefferson will bring up the rear unless they can shock Girard or Lakeview.

I agree 100%. How's Struthers looking? I know there's not much going on right now. I had the chance to talk to Coach Bayuk a couple of times before this mess hit and he said he was impressed with a couple of the kids that he met. Was really impressed with the turnout in the weightroom.
I honestly don’t know. Could be feast or famine for the wildcats this season.

Last year Struthers and New Philly was the best OOC match up although it didn't turn out as we had hoped. Who has the best/ hardest match up OOC game this year in the NE8?

Yeah Canfield poland. Go Canfield
Wouldn't Boardman be a bigger game than Canfield? But I am glad to see Poland-Canfield on the schedule. The next big OOC goes to Niles-Alliance, as Niles goes for two in a row. The 3rd must see game would be Hubbard-Howland.

Wouldn't Boardman be a bigger game than Canfield? But I am glad to see Poland-Canfield on the schedule. The next big OOC goes to Niles-Alliance, as Niles goes for two in a row. The 3rd must see game would be Hubbard-Howland.
Poland/Canfield just has a better vibe to it then boardman, there’s no reason boardman should ever lose that game but they have

I don’t know how Boardman has lost what now 3 years in a row to Canfield?

Canfield went through a great few years of very talented teams. They’re still decent. Boardman is Boardman. A lot of people blame the coaching. Idk.

I've watched Boardman a handful of times in my life. Always against the old federal league teams. Jackson, Perry, McKinley, Glenoak. Spanning about 15 years. The one thing in common amongst all games, they always had bigger, better looking athletes. I've seen them beat some stark county teams, but most of the time I've been disappointed in watching them. I feel like you are 100% correct. They have a great mix of kids and should win more imo