NFHS rules interp 2020-2021

Sounds like you have to weigh in while in your uniform now. Which makes kids drop another 1/4 to 1/2 lb for weigh ins compared to previous.

True, but if a 0.3 or 0.4 lb singlet causes someone to move up a weight class, they probably were in the wrong weight class to begin with, IMO.

I made this same argument to someone who complained on Facebook about it. I remember people being up in arms when undergarment was required from the times we could weigh in butt naked, making the same argument about underwear adding so much. And during these days of the alpha assessment (I know people still cheat the system), kids SHOULDN'T be cutting that hard that the uniform should matter.

How will this affect skin checks?

I’m assuming chests still need to be exposed so then boys and girls will need to be separated again.

So how does this speed up the process?

How will this affect skin checks?

I’m assuming chests still need to be exposed so then boys and girls will need to be separated again.

So how does this speed up the process?
My interpretation is that hair, skin, nails is part of the "weigh-in procedure" and that all competitors must be in legal uniform during the procedure. Not the guy to put a stamp on it, but I read this as uniforms remain on during the entire process which includes skin check. In other words, straps stay up throughout the weigh-in procedure.

My concern is that it's a bit vague when stating competitors are to be in uniform but only mentions females when talking about compression top. Does this mean all competitors are required to be in a singlet (and not a 2 piece) during weigh-ins to avoid hiding potential skin issues? I can see this being the rule. Everyone is in a singlet for weigh-in procedure, however the female wrestlers have the option to wear a compression top underneath as stated in the NFHS doc to provide additional coverage to their chest.

It will be interesting to see if there’s a significant increase in skin issues. I don’t think it will be a big deal. It already happens where refs will fail guys with acne and pass obvious ringworm. I remember reading that mat herpes is on the face and specifically the right side of the face the majority of the time, so that will still be caught most of the time. However, perhaps we can add a couple more checks like checking the lymph nodes, which swell significantly right before and during a herpes outbreak (and during other illnesses). Checking temperature for fever should already be a process IMO. If you have a fever you shouldn’t even be in school, much less on a wrestling mat. Yeah I know boomers, call me a *****, blah blah blah.