2020 St. Ignatius Football

Ignatius used to get its players from the CYO teams in Cuyahoga county. Now the CYO programs have gone into the toilet, many schools no longer fielding teams. Ed's, while also getting some players from the CYO league, now has focused on the Cleveland Muny league for gettting some elite players. Ignatius has not done this, or if they have, not nearly to the degree Ed's has.
Ignatius had 36 seniors on its 2019 varsity roster. Here is a breakdown of the grade schools the 36 attended:

St. Christopher - 5
Lakewood Catholic Academy - 4
St. Raphael - 4
Our Lady of Angels - 3
St. Bernadette - 3
St. Thomas More - 3
Gesu - 2
St. Jude - 2
Holy Trinity - 1
Incarnate Word - 1
Metro Catholic - 1
Notre Dame Elementary - 1
St. Ambrose - 1
St. Angela Merci -1
St. Bartholomew - 1
St. Charles Borromeo - 1
St. Dominic - 1
St. Mark - 1

Dre'Mont Jones picks the winning raffle tickets at the Scholarship Drive drawing this afternoon. The students brought in over $600,000 to help tuition assistance.

So, if you're at home and are looking for something to watch, here is the Ignatius-Massillon game, the first regular season matchup. Justin Zwick at qb for the Tigers.

vs. Moeller 1989

Ice Bowl 1992

Last edited:
Incredible honor, and shows how spoiled we’ve been with coaching talent. The only other school with 3 coaches on the list is co-ed Mater Dei in Santa Ana. Ignatius has 60% of the Ohio coaches that made the list.

That said, nothing short of 15-0 will be acceptable to the fans, alumni, and benefactors of the school across the street from Wendy's.

That said, nothing short of 15-0 will be acceptable to the fans, alumni, and benefactors of the school across the street from Wendy's.

Hey, with that pronouncement, the official football season has been launched. Hopefully there will be games.

Congratulations to Aidan Hubbard as he commits to Northwestern

Aidan also had offers from Michigan State, Minnesota, Purdue, Boston College, Virginia, Duke, Cincinnati, Washington State, Army, Air Force, Akron, Eastern Michigan

Last edited:
Congratulations to Aidan Hubbard as he commits to Northwestern

Aidan also had offers from Michigan State, Minnesota, Purdue, Boston College, Virginia, Duke, Cincinnati, Washington State, Army, Air Force, Akron, Eastern Michigan
Congratulations!

Ignatius officially #1 in Strength of Schedule. That is very surprising to schedule so tough again this year. In Region 1 you have to schedule to secure a playoff spot.

Ignatius officially #1 in Strength of Schedule. That is very surprising to schedule so tough again this year. In Region 1 you have to schedule to secure a playoff spot.

Where can we find the total list of "rank of schedule" for Ohio?

For Ignatius fans:

Today marks the final day of class for the school and for many long-time faculty members who go into retirement. Many thanks for all of the great years of service they have given:

Dale Gabor - languages, former athletic director
Hank Gaughn - phys ed, health, Athletic Trainer
John Cooney - biology, basketball
Brian Becker - math, former Head Coach - basketball and golf
Michael Howard - history
Patricia Kyle - art
Christine Piatak - languages
Fr. Paul Shelton, S.J. - theology, language, cross country, athletic chaplain ( leaving for tertianship)
Mrs. Jennifer Fight - athletics admin. assistant
Dan Baron - theology

Godspeed to all.

Last edited:
For Ignatius fans:

Today marks the final day of class for the school and for many long-time faculty members who go into retirement. Many thanks for all of the great years of service they have given:

Hank Gaughn - phys ed, health, Athletic Trainer
John Cooney - biology, basketball
Brian Becker - math, former Head Coach - basketball and golf
Michael Howard - history
Patricia Kyle - art
Christine Piatak - languages
Fr. Paul Shelton, S.J. - theology, language, cross country, athletic chaplain ( leaving for tertianship)
Mrs. Jennifer Fight - athletics admin. assistant

Godspeed to all.
Congratulations to all the above mentioned. I wish them all a very enjoyable and healthy retirement. I do not know any of those people. But I have spoken to Mrs. Jennifer Fight on the phone numerous times over the years about getting football tickets when I new they would be difficult for me to get since I live in Erie. She was always so amazing and helpful. So to her I am very grateful. Knowing she is retiring, I have to send her my last email to her. Thanks for this update.

Kyle might need to call it quits, he had a great run but younger coaches with more drive are taking over. It is really a different game than it was back in the 1980s, he needs to step down, he had a great run but the run is over. Teams are way more talented than his and have better coaching. St. Ed's Mentor and Hoban to name a few.
YOU ARE A GOOF!!!

You say that "Kyle may need to call it quits". You put a whole shoe store in your mouth with that misconception.
[/QUOTE
So glad you gave your opinion on this because I don't give a damn. Go worry how your school will win 6 CYO games and hopefully make the playoffs in D5.