If restaurants and gyms open next week will you be going?

Personally, I don't get this. They just need to set some guidelines and trust the people. This is not designed to keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed. I'm not sure what it is but the lie from Columbus needs to stop.
Agree totally. Getting tired of the BS.

Personally, I don't get this. They just need to set some guidelines and trust the people. This is not designed to keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed. I'm not sure what it is but the lie from Columbus needs to stop.
I honestly get why gyms would be the last place to open, but restaurants can easily operate at reduced capacity.

I'm running out of places to get lunch early in the week. Some places I got that are still trying to make a go of carry out are now closed Mondays and or Tuesdays.

I honestly get why gyms would be the last place to open, but restaurants can easily operate at reduced capacity.
Only thing with restaurants, is they are now requiring all customers to wear masks, when at businesses. Now how people going to eat, and drink with a mask on? Lol

On a serious note, it will be interesting to see how they enforce this
No shirts, shoes, mask, no service?

Might not be more than a recommendation. I always have a mask for no other reason than polite sensitivity. Others in the store wear, I wear. Someone approaching pulls theirs up, I do also. I don't believe it actually protects anything that regular distancing doesn't but If it's going to put someone else at ease, I don't see making a stand being worth anything. It's not that big a deal.

I'm running out of places to get lunch early in the week. Some places I got that are still trying to make a go of carry out are now closed Mondays and or Tuesdays.
Ha. tell me about it. Where I live has a lot of places that close for the winter. Luckily 3-4 are scheduled to open 1 May!

My opinion, is if you have been going to the grocery store the whole time, I don't see much difference in sitting in a restaurant. They are only going to be limited capacity anyway

Per today's press conference, restaurants will get their open date next week.

I predict that date will be before Memorial Day, but we will see.

Should we change the title of this thread to "next month"? Afraid we might be looking at June now...
Unfortunately you are correct. These places are not opening until after May 29. No haircuts until June at least

Unfortunately you are correct. These places are not opening until after May 29. No haircuts until June at least
The Death total and case total were up today (Update 18,743 cases Plus 1,440 from yesterday/1,002 deaths. plus 65 from yesterday)
I would think if it really is about safety, Mike DeWine has stated since this thing started) If these numbers increase daily at this rate or more (Which I am guessing it will), he will have no choice but to keep things closed. Thoughts?

Last edited:
The Death total and case total were up today (Update 18,743 cases Plus 1,440 from yesterday/1,002 deaths. plus 65 from yesterday)
I would think if it really is about safety, kike DeWine has stated since this thing started) If these numbers increase daily at this rate or more (Which I am guessing it will), he will have no choice but to keep things closed. Thoughts?
Acton had already made the call until at least the May 29th anyway. When I looked last our Trumbull County had 200,000 people living there, and a grand total of 31 deaths

Then he would be backtracking on what he had said Monday.
I don't see it as backtracking.

He has various groups looking at certain types of business/activities. The restaurant group has actively been designing protocols. He also has teams for libraries, gyms, indoor / outdoor recreation, etc.

I don't see it as backtracking.

He has various groups looking at certain types of business/activities. The restaurant group has actively been designing protocols. He also has teams for libraries, gyms, indoor / outdoor recreation, etc.
Curious what they do for haircuts, with the 6' social distancing. Six feet poles with clippers attached on the end of it maybe
Lol

I would think if it really is about safety, kike DeWine has stated since this thing started) If these numbers increase daily at this rate or more (Which I am guessing it will), he will have no choice but to keep things closed. Thoughts?

I thought he was Catholic.