VASJ Part Ways with Babe Kwasniak

Who will be the next VASJ Hoops HC

• Ashen Ward c/o 2008 (Orange HC, former Assistant under Babe) Played in 3 final fours as a player

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Rich Newlon (Current Lady Vikings HC, Assistant under Babe)

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Dave Wojciechowsk c/o 1990 (Harvey HC, former HC 00-10) Grbac is good friends with him

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Rollie Smith c/o 1999 (Current Assistant)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Tony Redding c/o 1989 (Former Lady Vikings HC and Assistant under Woj)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
Anyone see Babes twitter rant against Elvis / VASJ last week? He accused an "administrator" of having alcohol on his breath in front of children. A long with a few other things. Will this get ugly for all?

Anyone see Babes twitter rant against Elvis / VASJ last week? He accused an "administrator" of having alcohol on his breath in front of children. A long with a few other things. Will this get ugly for all?

Hey look, the grade schools have opened back up.

I'll wait for the video proving that Babe is a liar yet again . . .

3 candidates that we are considering right now. All 3 are serious upgrades. We will keep you posted.
Since all "serious 3" are "serious upgrades", then you "seriously" must have "serious insight" as to how "seriously" they will "seriously win" many more than the "3 serious -SHIPS" that Babe was a "serious contributor" to, as well as, "seriously increasing" the GPAs of the "serious student"- athletes. All "seriousness" aside, you "seriously" do not know any "serious $#!t" about this "serious situation" that you so "seriously" like to take "seriously" enough.

Last edited:
Since all "serious 3" are "serious upgrades", then you "seriously" must have "serious insight" as to how "seriously" they will "seriously win" many more than the "serious 3 -SHIPS" that Babe was a "serious contributor" to, as well as, "seriously increasing" the GPAs of the "serious student"- athletes. All "seriousness" aside, you "seriously" do not know any "serious $#!t" about this "serious situation" that you so "seriously" like to take "seriously" enough.
At least 3 candidates. Two have significant college experience and one is a highly successful local candidate. Of course, there is a dark horse in the running as well. Like anything else it has to be a perfect fit for the marriage to work though.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least 3 candidates. Two have significant college experience and one is a highly successful local candidate. Of course, there is a dark horse in the running as well. Like anything else it has to be a perfect fit for the marriage to work though.
I cannot buy what you are selling. I can only take you in a more ominous and humorous way. I noticed that the moderator dinged you. I had nothing to do with that situation. I would not deny anyone. Be well.

I cannot buy what you are selling. I can only take you in a more ominous and humorous way. I noticed that the moderator dinged you. I had nothing to do with that situation. I would not deny anyone. Be well.
You can take it any way you want. The Arc is the only one who is in the know here on this situation and that has been proven time and time again. The Arc informed you that this would go down and pretty much when it would go down. Some posters on here who claimed so defiantly that this would not happen have since vanished. It is true, The Arc has been dinged by the Yappi powers that be which is a downright shame because so many of The Arc's posts would have been able to shed light on this situation.

You can take it any way you want. The Arc is the only one who is in the know here on this situation and that has been proven time and time again. The Arc informed you that this would go down and pretty much when it would go down. Some posters on here who claimed so defiantly that this would not happen have since vanished. It is true, The Arc has been dinged by the Yappi powers that be which is a downright shame because so many of The Arc's posts would have been able to shed light on this situation.
I am still not reading anything of note from you. I do not rely on vague responses.

Last edited:
LC is nervous about what? They have an average coach if you give him the benefit of a doubt. He would not be a good choice for the Vikings.
My understanding is he is one of the contenders for the VASJ job. He's a class act and had a pretty decent run at LC. I l know he was coaching two of upper tier players in the area... LC doesn't want to lose him / not sure who'd you replace him with on our end.

My understanding is he is one of the contenders for the VASJ job. He's a class act and had a pretty decent run at LC. I l know he was coaching two of upper tier players in the area... LC doesn't want to lose him / not sure who'd you replace him with on our end.
I would be very disappointed to hear that he is a contender for the job. We all know how he vastly under-achieved over the last few years. You are what you are and he is average at best. Good for him that he is a class act. We want a coach that can get the most out of each student-athlete. He is not that coach. If much of this gibberish on this thread is true, then the AD is way over-thinking this decision. It does not take 2 months to figure this out.

Just posting what I've heard from a pretty reliable source ?‍♂️. I have no other info on any other potential coaches for VASJ.

As someone who is follows NEO football/basketball pretty closely I hope VASJ gets it right. NEO basketball is better when the Viking are good.

Just posting what I've heard from a pretty reliable source ?‍♂️. I have no other info on any other potential coaches for VASJ.

As someone who is follows NEO football/basketball pretty closely I hope VASJ gets it right. NEO basketball is better when the Viking are good.
Thanks for the info. Stay well.

He had two elite D1 level players and was upset two years in a row in the district semi finals. He has the last name - but he is not his Dad.

The only thing I keep hearing is that there are 3 candidates and the big focus for the administration is to totally revamp the culture. I'm told the last few years the feeling around the program was just toxic and the administration wants someone to come in and be able clean up the mess that was left behind. Unfortunately, this pandemic is slowing the process. I'm told one of the main candidates may have pulled out but that doesn't mean much until someone fills the job. There is always room for negotiations.

Plus look at who they lost to - Geneva and Glenville. Not exactly powerhouse programs. The two D1 studs got out of the district one time in 4 years and that was their freshman year.

You know, while others on here may know you, I have no idea who you are, nor do I particularly care. You seem to have some inside information on VASJ which is fine. But you are now not only referring to yourself in the third person, but by a self-proclaimed moniker, "The Arc". That's treading on some dangerously thin emotional ice there, guy. Hope all is well.

It’s official, Ashen Ward has been named the new boys basketball coach for the Vikings per the schools Facebook page. Excellent hire for the Vikings! Ash played under former Vikings standout Dave Wojciechowski ‘90 from 05-08 played in 3 straight final fours as a player, played at Y’Town State, and had served as an assistant under Babe Kwasniak 94’ for a couple of seasons until being named Orange’s basketball coach. Congrats Ash and welcome home!

The rumblings were true. So glad that is the direction they went. I just hope the administration helps him and does not hinder him. Viking Village should be happy and optimistic today.