Joe Burrow The Greatest OSU QB Ever?

Joe Burrow The Greatest OSU QB Ever?

• Yes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 14 87.5%

• Total voters

He’s definitely the greatest LSU QB ever.

Not enough stats at OSU to be considered for the Buckeyes.

That would be like considering Cam Newton for greatest Florida QB ever.

Big mistake by urban letting him walk. Buckeyes learned the ball don't lie as they missed the playoffs again
Don’t be so dense. They didn’t make the playoffs because of Urban’s loyalty to Bill Davis and Greg Schiano. It was an awful defense. Haskins and the offense were prolific. Historic.

Been interesting how many titles OSU would have won with Burrow at QB. So much talent in an easy league.
Pretty much every Buckeye fan I know, including myself, loved that Burrow was at OSU and had hopes of him being the starting QB at some point. It didn’t happen that way, of course, and Haskins responded with an awesome year for OSU. Unfortunately, they had one of the worst D’s, performance-wise, seen at OSU in a long, long time. I doubt they would have been any better just because Joe Burrow was QB.

On the flip side, what if it had been Haskins who transferred to LSU? Could he have won big with all that talent? We’ll never know, just as we’ll never know how OSU would have done under Burrow.

What we do know is Haskins, Burrow and Fields all had monster years at QB and were fun to watch.

Hard to argue against the performance of Haskins and Fields. Haskins was great in his one year to the point of it being frustrating for it to have been wasted by a crap defense.

A lot of great college QBs transferred. Along with Cam upthread you have Baker Mayfield and Troy Aikman among others. Had to vote no because Joe was playing in mop up duty @ TOSU. And let's not forget, he didn't exactly blow away the SEC his junior year. Haskins in 2018 was much more prolific than Burrow

I know a lot of people are talking trash about Ohio State’s defense in 2018, but am I the only one who remembers the offense only scoring 20 points against Purdue, including 6 in the first three quarters! The defense was not the best that season, but the offense is just as much to blame for the loss against Purdue.

No, I would bet all my money and my house on Art Schlicter.
Agree. Unfortunately, Art was waaaaaay ahead of his time. He would have thrived in today's RPO game, with his ability to gamble...umm, I mean...to improvise and produce big plays. It didn't help that Earle Bruce didn't run the most imaginative offense, even for its time. Art had all the tools, though.

Considering the time in which they played and the style of the game during their time, Schlichter was probably both the best and the most talented QB to ever play at Ohio State.

Pretty much every Buckeye fan I know, including myself, loved that Burrow was at OSU and had hopes of him being the starting QB at some point. It didn’t happen that way, of course, and Haskins responded with an awesome year for OSU. Unfortunately, they had one of the worst D’s, performance-wise, seen at OSU in a long, long time. I doubt they would have been any better just because Joe Burrow was QB.

On the flip side, what if it had been Haskins who transferred to LSU? Could he have won big with all that talent? We’ll never know, just as we’ll never know how OSU would have done under Burrow.

What we do know is Haskins, Burrow and Fields all had monster years at QB and were fun to watch.

Braxton was fun to watch too.