Springboro boys job

If parents would get out of the way and encourage their kids to compete for playing time rather than have Mommy and Daddy bitch about playing time the kids would be better for the change. The coaches do not care who is playing well, encourage the kids to go out there and outwork, out think, and out play the competition and earn the job. Some kids will not make it in that scenario, but by learning what it takes to compete in life, all will be better off for the experience.
You are spot on. Problem is, it’s getting worse. Hence, coaches leaving or getting fired. So sad !

The school district administrators, the Athletic Director, and the Coach need to tell some of these parents to get a grip on reality. The Coach can only do this if he has the backing of those above him.

Some administrators are splineless. But a few schools have a policy that the parents basically get one warning for getting out of hand. Then suspensions are handed out once or twice. After that, parent is gone for 365 days. ??

Some administrators are splineless. But a few schools have a policy that the parents basically get one warning for getting out of hand. Then suspensions are handed out once or twice. After that, parent is gone for 365 days. ??

How does the School District that Suspends a Parent for 365 Days enforce this at Away Games/Matches/Meets?

Parents/ family members sign this policy before the season starts. There aren’t many loopholes.

Good for those Schools! I am stunned that this policy has not been challenged before. So many Schools have that “1 guy” that always causes a lot of problems. That “1 guy” usually doesn’t understand stop and really doesn’t understand stop and go away!

Good luck to Springboro. Most hires are homeruns until the season starts. As for Not putting up with the parents , good luck with that. They aren’t going away. Tough times in coaching today, but wish them very best.

Good luck to Springboro. Most hires are homeruns until the season starts. As for Not putting up with the parents , good luck with that. They aren’t going away. Tough times in coaching today, but wish them very best.

Parents have ruined the Springboro Basketball Program? I’m curious to see the staff that Kostoff brings to Springboro. From what I know about Kostoff, the kids love him and respond to him well. Kostoff has learned under Fleming and Goedde, 2 no nonsense guys so I don’t think he will put up with a whole lot of nonsense especially from parents.

Parents have ruined the Springboro Basketball Program? I’m curious to see the staff that Kostoff brings to Springboro. From what I know about Kostoff, the kids love him and respond to him well. Kostoff has learned under Fleming and Goedde, 2 no nonsense guys so I don’t think he will put up with a whole lot of nonsense especially from parents.

You might be right about putting up with the nonsense, but I typically find that to be an administration problem as much as a coaching problem. If the AD, principals, etc..allow for parent interference, then the coach usually can't do a whole lot to stop it.

I hope this is true, it would be refreshing to have the players earn their spots and playing time. This will help them later in life instead of expecting things to get handed to them.

You might be right about putting up with the nonsense, but I typically find that to be an administration problem as much as a coaching problem. If the AD, principals, etc..allow for parent interference, then the coach usually can't do a whole lot to stop it.

If the Springboro Administration constantly allows for parent interference, they are spineless and don’t possess top notch leadership skills! LaSalle Basketball practices are not known to be very easy so I’d say the kids will have to earn PT in practice/workouts under Coach Kostoff.

What's going on at Springboro? I just noticed on OHSAA website that they are in need of an Assistant Varsity Coach. I've also heard a few other coaches might of quit?!