Ohio Cardinal Conference

2020 numbers and these include the added CB values.

D-2
Mt Vernon 475
Wooster 400

D-3
Ashland 374
Madison Comp 357
Mansfield Sr 322
Lexington 291
West Holmes 286

New Philly is at 335 in D-3

I can see why he feels that way. What a horrible place to play.
I certainly will never defend someone who acts like that but there were a few years recently where the field got beat up pretty good because of use/weather. It's grass, that's what happens to grass fields.

Get rid of West Holmes in the occ, and then let in Dover in,it would really make for a tuff league,I don't why they won't let West Holmes in the pac 7

Get rid of West Holmes in the occ, and then let in Dover in,it would really make for a tuff league,I don't why they won't let West Holmes in the pac 7
My favorite poster, the "get rid of" guy.

West Holmes lost to 2018 D3 state champs by in the first round of the playoffs that year. It was the closest game that Kenston had for their entire playoff run. The next year they're off and now they need kicked out of the OCC so it can be "tuff".

My favorite poster, the "get rid of" guy.

West Holmes lost to 2018 D3 state champs by in the first round of the playoffs that year. It was the closest game that Kenston had for their entire playoff run. The next year they're off and now they need kicked out of the OCC so it can be "tuff".

I heard with West Holmes enrollment getting smaller every year that they will be D4 soon and they're exploring in finding a new league.

I heard with West Holmes enrollment getting smaller every year that they will be D4 soon and they're exploring in finding a new league.
Cannot say if they will be D4 but they have struggled in recent years in most of the sports and cannot field teams in every sport that the OCC offers. they are starting to look a little like Orrville before they bolted. Location could be a factor for West Holmes and a new league.

If West Holmes enrollment trend is taking them to D4 then it makes sense that they start looking for another home. I just laugh at how folks outside a league are always happy to say "take X out and put in Y and it'll be great." Typically X doesn't have a home or is unsettled. Portage County league has been going through this where some schools voted out others and the ripple affect is to break up existing leagues to benefit the folks left without a seat when the music stops.

As far as the OCC goes, there is no doubt that WH is the new Clear Fork/Orrville of the league with Mt Vernon & New Philly on board. Would be curious how the league's girls bball & wrestling coaches would feel. They are uber-competitive in those sports.

Recommended by health department?

Big matchup this weekend with West Holmes @ Wooster. Both teams have handled Madison, but that win over Senior seems a little more noteworthy than Wooster's over Lex. QB play should be worth the price of admission (or getting wet feet & scratches from leaning on the outside of the fence). Clark has really been impressive (I thought they had a senior QB coming back that was hurt last year?) and Roach plays like a grown man. Love that kid's moxie. When Wooster suspended fall sports in late summer immediately thought "who's going to get Roach?" because a kid like that would make all but 5-10 teams in the state better. (looking at you Massillon)

With the playoff schedule being posted I see that Ashland and Wooster both have byes next week. I hope they schedule a game against each other next week. Timing is perfect for the chance for two of the top teams in the OCC to possibly play for the league championship. Make it happen.

With the playoff schedule being posted I see that Ashland and Wooster both have byes next week. I hope they schedule a game against each other next week. Timing is perfect for the chance for two of the top teams in the OCC to possibly play for the league championship. Make it happen.
Do you want to win a weak small school conference title or make a run in the playoffs? Plenty of time after the playoffs are done to play this game. If you make it to State and cannot play it who cares! Wooster needs bigger goals or it will never reach its potential.

Do you want to win a weak small school conference title or make a run in the playoffs? Plenty of time after the playoffs are done to play this game. If you make it to State and cannot play it who cares! Wooster needs bigger goals or it will never reach its potential.
Having played only 6 games I would opt to play. Playing a decent team I would think would be more advantageous than just practicing for a week. No reason that winning a league title and making a decent run in the playoffs both can't happen.