2020 Draft

Vikings have 13 picks tomorrow ?

But still pretty dumb to trade out of the third round when DL is such a glaring need

Attachments

• images-1.jpeg
    images-1.jpeg
    9.3 KB · Views: 21
Kid for OU from Coal Grove Austen Pleasants signed with Jacksonville
I’m sure they’ll be others from the MAC will get free agent opportunities. Btw I think the MAC did actually have at least one get drafted Miami kicker to the Rams or Chargers.

I think a lot of that has to do with transferring and learning a new system. If you watched the AM game from last year when it went 7 Ots Burrow was clicking around then. He didnt have crazy stats but watching it live, he made good reads and throws. Much more run oriented then. Enter Joe Brady (focus on passing) and another year and he took off

Burrow was never average and OSU has had arguably two years of their best QB play ever. The idiots on here bashing OSU look stupid and this is from someone who doesnt like OSU

I think Burrow was always elite and just needed a place to play and develop

Edit: on another note I think Ed O will just be like Les Miles at LSU and be stagnant. His openness to new philosophies ultimately unleashed the beast. However losing Aranda and Brady I expect a serious drop off. Wouldnt give him the huge extension IMO.

A great take and I would add that in 2018 Burrow got better as the season progressed. In the last couple of games including the Bowl win over UCF, Burrow was putting up some flashy stats. Also when Joe Brady came in he said he looked at the film and realized Burrow was an elite QB. That's why he revamped the LSU passing attack to revolve around Burrow.

I also agree with those who say that Burrow was an elite level QB at OSU. He was playing in a messed up OSU QB room that saw them win a national championship with a 3rd string QB who ONLY played because of injury. As for Haskins I vehemently disagree about him being the better QB. That OSU team that Haskins threw 50 TDs on was LOADED and should have won the national championship.

I suspect that after his rookie NFL season Burrow will put to rest the notion that Haskins was a better QB then him.

Let's face it, Meyer is a great college football coach. But his track record with QB's is average at best. Outside of Alex Smith what elite level QB has started for Meyer? And yes I view whether a QB is elite or not by BOTH their college performance and how they do in the NFL. My guess is that Haskins will be at best another Winston.

ESPN certainly wasn't short on stories of tragedy and sick and or/dying siblings. It was like the draft was brought to you by Tom Rinaldi.

A great take and I would add that in 2018 Burrow got better as the season progressed. In the last couple of games including the Bowl win over UCF, Burrow was putting up some flashy stats. Also when Joe Brady came in he said he looked at the film and realized Burrow was an elite QB. That's why he revamped the LSU passing attack to revolve around Burrow.

I also agree with those who say that Burrow was an elite level QB at OSU. He was playing in a messed up OSU QB room that saw them win a national championship with a 3rd string QB who ONLY played because of injury. As for Haskins I vehemently disagree about him being the better QB. That OSU team that Haskins threw 50 TDs on was LOADED and should have won the national championship.

I suspect that after his rookie NFL season Burrow will put to rest the notion that Haskins was a better QB then him.

Let's face it, Meyer is a great college football coach. But his track record with QB's is average at best. Outside of Alex Smith what elite level QB has started for Meyer? And yes I view whether a QB is elite or not by BOTH their college performance and how they do in the NFL. My guess is that Haskins will be at best another Winston.
He showed to be the better QB at that time. He had a monster season. He was in NYC for the Heisman presentation. He was a first round draft choice. Burrow had an average season at LSU. I would say Burrow QB'ed a loaded LSU team in 2019. Are the Bengals "loaded" relative to the rest of the NFL? We know the Redskins were not in 2019 for Haskins and OSU's 2018 defense was too gawd-awful to win a natty no matter what the offense did. Their careers will play out over time.

Urban did have Cam Newton at Florida, but had to send him packing after Cam messed up off the field.

For one spring in Columbus, Ohio, Dwayne Haskins, after a back and forth battle, was found by one of the top coaches in the history of college football to be just a teensy bit better than Joe Burrow. According to everyone it was a very close call. Haskins went on to set records, be a Heisman finalist and a first round pick. It's not like Urban picked a dud over a stud.

Last edited:
I was a little surprised that someone didn't grab Ohio Safety Javon Hagan in the draft. He ended up signing with Tampa as an UDFA. Ohio's has had some great DB's come out in the last 10 years under Frank Solich (most notably Mike Mitchell and TJ Carrie) and I honestly believe Hagan is in that same tier.

Just seeing this pre-draft article now, but I find it interesting reading his comments and considering the impact coronavirus had on small-school guys. Hagan is easily a 4.4 guy who would've impressed at his pro-day athletically. With guys like this not having a pro-day, I bet we see A TON of sleepers who got missed in the draft because teams just didn't have the opportunity to scout them like they would've had in normal years.

Regarding Burrow, nevermind OSU not giving him a chance... I believe he is the real deal. Dating back to his high school days, he has always had pinpoint accuracy on out routes unlike anyone I have ever seen. At Athens HS, he had two 6-5 twins as WR (both walked-on at OU and are senior starters at TE now) and he would just put the ball in their hands in places no DB could get to. He did the same thing at LSU and I have little doubt he will do the same thing with AJ Green. And I hate to say that as a Browns fan.

I'm not a proponent of drafting QB's #1 (look at the #1 picks since 2020 thread) but Burrow has some very real talent. I do like that the Browns went and grabbed a bunch of LSU defensive players.