2020 Draft

OSU recruits were the top three picks in the NFL draft. The 19th was a Buckeye. We'll see more today. While the SEC is the top college football conference, the Buckeyes ability to acquire talent, consistently in the top 5, would make them competitive in any conference.
Just shows how incompetent OSU was. Start Joe Burrow and u win 3 national titles in 4 years.

Just shows how incompetent OSU was. Start Joe Burrow and u win 3 national titles in 4 years.
Burrow was average in 2018, while Haskins was re-writing the record book on his way to the first round of the NFL draft and was in the NFL while Burrow was finally putting it all together in college. Meanwhile, OSU had Fields put up a monster year in 2019 and have him back in 2020. Not seeing how it's OSU's fault Burrow didn't beat out Haskins.

Come to think of it, OSU was the only major program to offer Burrow. I didn't see LSU, or anyone else, seeing anything in him coming out of HS...except for OSU.

Have to like the Husky sitting in the chair and no sign of Belicheck in his room for the Patriots pick

Come to think of it, OSU was the only major program to offer Burrow. I didn't see LSU, or anyone else, seeing anything in him coming out of HS...except for OSU.
Nick Saban came to Athens. Urban Meyer locked him up before his senior season based off Nick Saban trying to get Burrow to Alabama. Too bad Burrow and Tom Herman didn’t stay at OSU.

To be fair, in 2018 LSU had the second most drops by receivers in college football, they didn't drop many in 2019.

To be fair, in 2018 LSU had the second most drops by receivers in college football, they didn't drop many in 2019.
Maybe the balls weren’t on time? Burrow said in an interview that he wasn’t very good in 2018. He blew up in 2019 and we’re all happy for him, but the notion anyone saw this coming after 2018 is unlikely.

Maybe the balls weren’t on time? Burrow said in an interview that he wasn’t very good in 2018. He blew up in 2019 and we’re all happy for him, but the notion anyone saw this coming after 2018 is unlikely.
A drop is a pass that the receiver should have caught, not saying anyone should have seen the greatest season by a college QB ever, but his 2018 season was better than the collective opinion.

A drop is a pass that the receiver should have caught, not saying anyone should have seen the greatest season by a college QB ever, but his 2018 season was better than the collective opinion.
You’re right. I just get tired of the revisionist history folks when it comes to Burrow and OSU.

OSU recruits were the top three picks in the NFL draft. The 19th was a Buckeye. We'll see more today. While the SEC is the top college football conference, the Buckeyes ability to acquire talent, consistently in the top 5, would make them competitive in any conference.
Not an OSU fan but I think they would run the table SEC West next year.

And Burrow was not much better than average at LSU as a junior.
I think a lot of that has to do with transferring and learning a new system. If you watched the AM game from last year when it went 7 Ots Burrow was clicking around then. He didnt have crazy stats but watching it live, he made good reads and throws. Much more run oriented then. Enter Joe Brady (focus on passing) and another year and he took off

Burrow was never average and OSU has had arguably two years of their best QB play ever. The idiots on here bashing OSU look stupid and this is from someone who doesnt like OSU

I think Burrow was always elite and just needed a place to play and develop

Edit: on another note I think Ed O will just be like Les Miles at LSU and be stagnant. His openness to new philosophies ultimately unleashed the beast. However losing Aranda and Brady I expect a serious drop off. Wouldnt give him the huge extension IMO.

Last edited:
I think a lot of that has to do with transferring and learning a new system. If you watched the AM game from last year when it went 7 Ots Burrow was clicking around then. He didnt have crazy stats but watching it live, he made good reads and throws. Much more run oriented then. Enter Joe Brady (focus on passing) and another year and he took off

Burrow was never average and OSU has had arguably two years of their best QB play ever. The idiots on here bashing OSU look stupid and this is from someone who doesnt like OSU

A good take.

The thing that gets me is OSU has had two years of amazing QB play. Hate all you want but it just shows the OSU recruiting machine. Prior to Haskins, Fields, Burrow has any OSU QB been as highly touted entering NFL Draft time? Potentially 3 first rounders.

I am ignorant but I never thought of OSU as a school with elite QB play (NFL wise and born in 1990) prior to maybe Cardale Jones for a few games and these three.

I know Pryor was elite but NFL wise he wasnt highly touted as a QB

Edit: on another note I think Ed O will just be like Les Miles at LSU and be stagnant. His openness to new philosophies ultimately unleashed the beast. However losing Aranda and Brady I expect a serious drop off. Wouldnt give him the huge extension IMO.
Ed O is awesome, but I’m inclined to agree.

@eastside_purple

Like the guy personally and will root for him bc he is such a perfect fit in a way for the Cajuns in Louisiana. How can you not like the guy? I honestly hope i am wrong

Yep, they'll figure out ways to use him.
As a UK fan glad he isnt in the Bengals division. Honestly wouldnt have minded taking a O line 2nd round and Bowden 3rd round. Dude is elite and what he did this year learning a new position just shows how smart/elite he really is.

Watching UK games was hilarious bc everyone knew what they were doing but Bowden always "got his". He was the scheme and never passed, yet somehow put up monster numbers

As a UK fan glad he isnt in the Bengals division. Honestly wouldnt have minded taking a O line 2nd round and Bowden 3rd round. Dude is elite and what he did this year learning a new position just shows how smart/elite he really is.

Watching UK games was hilarious bc everyone knew what they were doing but Bowden always "got his". He was the scheme and never passed, yet somehow put up monster numbers
He's like a video game.