The 2020 Final 8 In D IV Boys Basketball...The 'What Ifs'

How many people in Ohio (do you believe) have COVID-19? Seriously? You only believe what you are fed. Please enlighten us.
I'm not tracking it but I do have 2 family members in the medical field who say they feel that not every person infected has been recorded and that this virus can be spread easily and quickly by groups in close proximity. This is the reason for the suggested 6 foot. Having our kids play team sports would without a doubt increase the numbers.

I'm not tracking it but I do have 2 family members in the medical field who say they feel that not every person infected has been recorded and that this virus can be spread easily and quickly by groups in close proximity. This is the reason for the suggested 6 foot. Having our kids play team sports would without a doubt increase the numbers.
This is my point. No one really knows how many people have it (media lies), how many people have died from it (numbers are being manipulated) and how many people will eventually get it (projections are way off). One thing I have read, and I believe, is that is really does not affect the youth.

This is my point. No one really knows how many people have it (media lies), how many people have died from it (numbers are being manipulated) and how many people will eventually get it (projections are way off). One thing I have read, and I believe, is that is really does not affect the youth.
What we also know is that there are more adults going out looking for testing than youths. The unfortunate part is that the youths cannot stay away from adults. So even though they may not be a confirmed stat they could still transfer it from adult to another.

I never asked for a thread to be locked.
Well how about we get back on track talking about the Final 8 in the DIV 2020 tournament then shall we? Any of these 8 bringing back a lot for next year? Parkway loses their best player, Columbus Grove should be a heavy favorite bringing back their top 3 and best players for next year. Not sure about everybody else.

Well how about we get back on track talking about the Final 8 in the DIV 2020 tournament then shall we? Any of these 8 bringing back a lot for next year? Parkway loses their best player, Columbus Grove should be a heavy favorite bringing back their top 3 and best players for next year. Not sure about everybody else.
Lucas should be pretty decent next year. They lose a ton but return an all-Ohioan in Gossom and two all-NW district players in Sauder and Wallace.

In saying that, this whole experience has ruined HS sports for me. My son, my senior, had his dream of reaching the championship game in consecutive sports stolen from him. Countless seniors across the state had their dreams crushed. I will never get over this. EVER. No matter how petty some of you think my opinion is, I could care less. Really. I could give a #%$&# less. Spineless Jerry Snodgrass, in all his infinite wisdom and smugness, can #$%&# right off.

Last edited:
The virus will make for a shorter recruiting season if AAU is not played. Schools like Deere Park in Cincinnati may struggle to replenish their talen, I know they are d3, but rather than pointing out the 3 or 4 D4 programs who do similar I went with the D3 to keep from showing bias.

Next year may be the year of the local district with few ringers signed in the off season.

Columbus Grove has 4 starters back,. and will be deeper with a really good JV team this past years, and a very talented Freshman class coming up with younger brothers of Reynolds and Birnesser. Ottoville will be deep and talented, and Antwerp should be good again. I expect Convoy Crestview to make a big jump next year. They also have a very talented Freshman class.

Grandview Hts loses 7 seniors. The bulk of their offense will graduate. However, they have a very good Freshmen group coming up. The Freshmen team went 15-1 and 2 got playing time in the postseason. There best returners will be a current sophomore guard and freshmen moving up. JV improved as season went probably winning 8 or 9 games but no studs to replace this years starting 5. If I were to predict I would say a .500 season would be successful year in 2021. If the young kids stay with basketball 2022 and 2023 will be good years for the Bobcats.

Topics go where ever the conversation takes them. The beauty of a FREE message board is that you can always start another. The topic does not ask about next year or the year after. So once again it is off topic. Freedom.

Topics go where ever the conversation takes them. The beauty of a FREE message board is that you can always start another. The topic does not ask about next year or the year after. So once again it is off topic. Freedom.
No kidding. And I wanted to bring it back around to basketball so I did because complaining about tings beyond our control gets dull.

Lucas should be pretty decent next year. They lose a ton but return an all-Ohioan in Gossom and two all-NW district players in Sauder and Wallace.

In saying that, this whole experience has ruined HS sports for me. My son, my senior, had his dream of reaching the championship game in consecutive sports stolen from him. Countless seniors across the state had their dreams crushed. I will never get over this. EVER. No matter how petty some of you think my opinion is, I could care less. Really. I could give a #%$&# less. Spineless Jerry Snodgrass, in all his infinite wisdom and smugness, can #$%&# right off.
Never, ever? Hopefully you won't allow it to eat you up so much even if it still stings after a while. Please allow your son to move on and not get stuck.