Springboro boys job

Good luck to whomever takes this job. I am not sure when the last time they had gwoc potential winning talent. Holtrey made a living in the mml.

Maybe they will open their search and find someone who knows how to build and develop a program and develop players. Definitely a challenge in the GWOC.

Maybe they will open their search and find someone who knows how to build and develop a program and develop players. Definitely a challenge in the GWOC.
Why is it a challenge in the GWOC? Is that compared to other conferences or do you think it is hard most places?

Just saying that they will need to find someone to get the program on the same level as Trotwood-Madison and Centerville and compete in the top f the league. And yes, it takes a coach who has a track record of success to compete consistently at a high level

Just saying that they will need to find someone to get the program on the same level as Trotwood-Madison and Centerville and compete in the top f the league. And yes, it takes a coach who has a track record of success to compete consistently at a high level

Pretty sure Trotwood is out of the GWOC now. Springboro has the numbers and the athletes to compete.

Pretty sure Trotwood is out of the GWOC now. Springboro has the numbers and the athletes to compete.
I agree great community. it will take the administration being open minded to really looking for a top flight coach who knows how to build a program. Good facilities as well.

what league is Trotwood in now??
They will be Independent I believe. I remember seeing their football schedule for next season somewhere. They were able to keep Springfield on their schedule. Then filled their schedule with Dayton City schools and Cinci schools (Winton Woods, Withrow, LaSalle).

Last edited:
Have you watched Springboro play over the past several years?
They weren’t bad 2 or 3 years ago. they have some big kids who can play just for whatever reason can’t put it all together.

A Dayton city coach coming to Springboro now that would be a site to see

They weren’t bad 2 or 3 years ago. they have some big kids who can play just for whatever reason can’t put it all together.

Exactly right. Big kids that could move.

Lol I would love to see the parents’s reaction.

This should be a good job. Springboro has grown a ton over the last 15-20 years and has a ton of wealth and resources. If you have an enrollment of over 2,000 (and still growing) with their resources, you should be good. No excuses.

The only impediment to inevitable success at a place like Springboro is meddling administrators and helicopter parents.

I agree great community. it will take the administration being open minded to really looking for a top flight coach who knows how to build a program. Good facilities as well.

"Top Flight"..... there's not many of those around here maybe 3 proven but no more than 5 people, however, there is an active coach in this area with 4 state championships, two NBA players under his helm and numerous college players including several D1 guys, and this coach is sitting on the bench as an assistant in Middletown but he lives in Dayton.........and his name is never mentioned as a candidate for a head coaching position and absolutely NO ONE in the area is more accomplished, maybe if he was the right guy...........?

Last edited:

Why? Some of those coaches are just as good or better than some of those coaches.

This should be a good job. Springboro has grown a ton over the last 15-20 years and has a ton of wealth and resources. If you have an enrollment of over 2,000 (and still growing) with their resources, you should be good. No excuses.

The only impediment to inevitable success at a place like Springboro is meddling administrators and helicopter parents.

In theory that's totally true but in reality that's not even close. Actually, from what I've experienced, your last sentence is 50% the reason why 95% of these schools in this area can't advance in tournaments especially with the bigger schools. You'll find that in the more successful schools that issue is less than 20%.

In theory that's totally true but in reality that's not even close. Actually, from what I've experienced, your last sentence is 50% the reason why 95% of these schools in this area can't advance in tournaments especially with the bigger schools. You'll find that in the more successful schools that issue is less than 20%.

Yes, get the players and the parents to buy in. There are no options. Instead of trying to follow centerville‘a model, follow Trotwood’s. That mindset is the key. Quit worrying about phones, hair gel and ponytails and work on whipping someone’s as and not backing down from anyone and having the skills to back you up.

Standards of excellence and a success culture come from the head coach from day 1. Setting those expectations, demanding nothing less than the best and communicating this to anyone who wants to be a part of the program.

Yes, get the players and the parents to buy in. There are no options. Instead of trying to follow centerville‘a model, follow Trotwood’s. That mindset is the key. Quit worrying about phones, hair gel and ponytails and work on whipping someone’s as and not backing down from anyone and having the skills to back you up.
I think both Centerville and Trotwood have great mindsets. Why not have Springboro follow Centerville model? It takes a lot to establish the program deep into the grades and really be involved in the kids, but if the next Springboro coach was up to it and given the vote of confidence to have time to do it, then the right person could build a solid program.

I think both Centerville and Trotwood have great mindsets. Why not have Springboro follow Centerville model? It takes a lot to establish the program deep into the grades and really be involved in the kids, but if the next Springboro coach was up to it and given the vote of confidence to have time to do it, then the right person could build a solid program.
You are on it. It takes work to build a true program. That is why administrators and a d's if they want a real program need to do a real search to find that type of individual who is willing to put in the work