NBA Season Has Been Suspended

Now they are projecting a mid-June startup. Possibly playing the Finals into August. Not sure whether that includes fans or not.

I think you will see an NBA playoffs, no matter how long the wait is. The NBA has too much invested in this season and LeBron can win it. I could even see a modified version that would only take the top 4 or top 2 teams per conference to the playoffs.

Just cancel the whole thing. I know I wouldn't care. I would rather watch March Madness if I had the choice

I think theyhave played enough of the season that if they come back they can just head straight to the playoffs...

Just cancel the whole thing. I know I wouldn't care. I would rather watch March Madness if I had the choice
March Madness is done, it's unfortunate as I like it as well, but I also like the NBA playoffs. I think the NBA has alot of flexibilty here. They can start the playoffs in July if needed. I could also see the NBA moving the regular season permanently moving forward as well. They have to compete with the NfL in Nov and Dec anyway. Start the NBA regular season after Christmas, run the regular season to end of May, early June, start the playoffs and complete the finals by the end of August. That puts you away from the NFL.

March Madness is done, it's unfortunate as I like it as well, but I also like the NBA playoffs. I think the NBA has alot of flexibilty here. They can start the playoffs in July if needed. I could also see the NBA moving the regular season permanently moving forward as well. They have to compete with the NfL in Nov and Dec anyway. Start the NBA regular season after Christmas, run the regular season to end of May, early June, start the playoffs and complete the finals by the end of August. That puts you away from the NFL.
It is utterly stupid for the NBA to move their games until after Christmas and run games through August. NFL has games 3 days a week, plenty of room for NBA in the current time slot.

I think it'll be a few years but this is apparently being discussed by the NBAs higher ups. I'm all for it.

Anyone think we will have NBA playoffs? August or so?
When does the 2020-2021 season start? When are the contracts through and when does free agency start? It will probably come down to money for the Players Union whether they can get a late season in.

It would just be interesting to see them finish out the season with all the players waiting for FA until after the season ends. If it's late enough, they can pack up their bags and head over to their new team to start the preseason a couple weeks later.

Any updates? Kind of wondering what their timeline could possibly be.
I think any return would have to include around 5 games/team to get back in to the swing of everything and then into the playoffs.
The cities that have teams still playing I believe will have healthy attendance and viewership.

Easily could see next season have an abbreviated pre season slate as most teams wont be off as long.
Just like i predicted for the NFL, i believe the NBA for 20-21 season will experiment with a shortened preseason to accommodate this silliness and coule implement it full time. The NFL already is planning on it because of the CBA and likely 17 game 21-22 season, but will use this fall to see what 3 preseason games looks like for the product on the field and evaluating talent

Last update I saw was they are planning at least a 15 day acclamation period for everyone to get back in shape and practicing and do whatever prevention. prep work. That's just before they start so whatever date they set to start will account for an extra 15 days.

I think it'll be a few years but this is apparently being discussed by the NBAs higher ups. I'm all for it.

I think open dates for the Olympics and FIBA tournaments and most importantly the CBA and Player's Union will be a big obstacle to moving the season.

Do you really want basketball in the summer?
I love me some hockey, but even for me once the summer breaks I just lose a lot of interest in hoops and hockey. I dont think the NBA needs to move to later.

Many say the true NBA season starts at Christmas (and hockey in early jan) but that is just because the season is really is full swing.

I think moving the NBA season to start around Christmas and last alls ummer would be a bad idea. I just believe so many places would see a decrase in attendance for regular season games in June/July

I don't watch much baseball, so yeah I would not mind if the NBA was played in the summer.
This is just my thoughts, with the weather and so many outside events and such I just believe summer TV watching is as low as it gets. I dont watch a ton of baseball, but I do love the sport, and find myself listening while I do work and other things. I just feel that tv viewership, because it is the summer, and attendance could easily fall if they played a lot more games, especially regular season, in the summer.