XFL

XFL begins this weekend...are you

• Yes!! I'm all in! I can't get enough of football of any kind.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I'll tune in periodically to just see what it looks like.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • If there's nothing else to watch, I may watch a few plays.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Football season for me starts in the fall.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didnt get to see any of the games, but scoring seemed to be up and I think that is a plus.
What happened to Cardale.....3-4 INTs?

Didnt get to see any of the games, but scoring seemed to be up and I think that is a plus.
What happened to Cardale.....3-4 INTs?
4 interceptions. All his fault really. Just a bad game. Receivers weren't open and he kept forcing it. Got down big early and made LA have a field day defending the pass.

At one point Cardale was 1 of 5, 0 yards and 2 picks.

4 interceptions. All his fault really. Just a bad game. Receivers weren't open and he kept forcing it. Got down big early and made LA have a field day defending the pass.

At one point Cardale was 1 of 5, 0 yards and 2 picks.
With that outing he is gunning for a job in cleveland...

Jones looked like he was in pain, i bet he is done for the year.

Cardale has looked bad the last two weeks, and his on air 'we gotta bench this guy' regarding his WR may cause some team tension.

Play is getting better and it has been enjoyable to watch. love thepunting the ball out of bounds or in the end zone penalty/rule!

XFL is going to have to update their end of game procedures to not let the officials run off the field while still obviously able to review the time on the clock.

New York Guardians 30 Dallas Renegades 12
Poor quarterback play by Dallas (2-3) again killed any hopes that the Renegades had of winning, as has been the case this season. Philip Nelson (East Carolina) 28-49, 210 yards and 2 picks. He again made horrible decisions throwing the ball and again looked lost on deep throws. If Dallas does not give
Brogan Roback (Eastern Michigan) a shot, the season will continue to go South. Roback can't do any worse then Jones or Nelson has. Austin MacGinnis
(Kentucky) had two field goals (23 & 36 yards) and Austin Walter (Rice) had a 97 yard field goal to account for all of the Renegades points. Josh Hawkins
(East Carolina) had a pick and Greer Martini (Notre Dame) had 10 tackles.
For the Guardians, Luis Perez (Texas A&M-Commerce) was good enough to lead his team to the win (16-30, 229 yards 1 pick 1 TD) He also rushed the ball twice for 18 yards. Marquise Williams (North Carolina) rushed for a TD. Colby Pearson (BYU) 5 catches, 95 yards and 1 TD led the receivers. Matthew McCrane (Kansas State) had three field goals (46,39 and 26). Ryan Mueller (Kansas State) and Toby Johnson (Georgia) each had a pick. Ranthony Texada (TCU) led the defense with 8 tackles. Cavon Walker (Maryland) had two sacks and Frank Ginda (San Jose State) had one.

Houston Roughnecks 32 Seattle Dragons 23
PJ Walker (Temple) over came throwing 2 picks by trowing for 3 touchdowns on a 27-38 performance, to lead the Roughnecks (5-0) over the Dragon (1-4). James Butler (Nevada- Reno) rushed for 2 touchdowns on 12 carries for a total of 52 yards. Cam Phillips (Virginia Tech) came back to life, with 10 catches, 122 yards and 2 touchdowns. Nick Holley (Kent State) had a TD catch on 4 catches that total 72 yards. Beniquez Brown (Mississippi State) led the winners defense with 7 tackles. DeMarquis Gates (Mississippi), Edmond Robinson (Newbury), Gabe Wright (Auburn) and Cody Brown (Arkansas State) each had a sack.
For Seattle, it was another case of a quarterback not being able to get the job done at critical times, as is the case as it has been all year for the Dragons. BJ Daniels (South Florida) 14-22 for 114 yards. With no threat of being able to throw the ball downfield, the defense was able to have a field day. Daniels, know as a runner and not a thrower did rush 10 times for 30 yards and 2 scores. Trey Williams (Texas A&M) rushed 7 times for 28 yards and 1 TD. Jordan Martin (Syracuse) and Marko Myers (Southeastern, Fl) each had a pick. Jacquies Smith (Missouri) and Anthony Johnson (Florida International) each had a sack. Ernesto Lacayo (Hastings College) had a 47 yard field goal.

Cardale benched in first quarter after his sixth pick of the season and it was on another horrible pass.
A game or two ago he was caught on the hot mic stating that a certain WR needed benched. Wonder if that did anything to team morale?

Only got to watch the late game sunday. I am enjoying the XFL but hearing the numbers I am wondering if it will last.

The first incarnation had huge numbers the first week. When it got TOO LOW,(3 mil viewers) it wasnt enough.

This time around that was the top number and now its in the 1-2 mil range. With ESPN on board I hope it can survive.

Some people say it is bad football, well, we watch bad football all the time in HS, College and yes even some NFL Games.
Their biggest hurdle is we dont have the long connections to these teams, players, like we do HS, College, NFL.
That connection is really what is missing because we will, and do, watch bad football.

Right now we watch the teams we love (players come and go), teams we hate and root against, a rivarly game from a diff conf/div, or a game that has an impact on standings, etc.

XFL does not have that because we dont have the connections to these teams.

A game or two ago he was caught on the hot mic stating that a certain WR needed benched. Wonder if that did anything to team morale?

Only got to watch the late game sunday. I am enjoying the XFL but hearing the numbers I am wondering if it will last.

The first incarnation had huge numbers the first week. When it got TOO LOW,(3 mil viewers) it wasnt enough.

This time around that was the top number and now its in the 1-2 mil range. With ESPN on board I hope it can survive.

Some people say it is bad football, well, we watch bad football all the time in HS, College and yes even some NFL Games.
Their biggest hurdle is we dont have the long connections to these teams, players, like we do HS, College, NFL.
That connection is really what is missing because we will, and do, watch bad football.

Right now we watch the teams we love (players come and go), teams we hate and root against, a rivarly game from a diff conf/div, or a game that has an impact on standings, etc.

XFL does not have that because we dont have the connections to these teams.
There's a huge difference between TV ratings in 2001 before dvrs, streaming and smart phones and live TV ratings today. XFL had the two highest rated TV sports shows on cable in Sunday.

Last edited:
Vince was smart to keep most games on the big networks. Burying games on premium cable sports channels doesn’t seem to work and hurts the visibility of the league over the long haul. He’s also banking on turning those relatively high ratings into a TV contract that will pull the league out of the red.

Vince was smart to keep most games on the big networks. Burying games on premium cable sports channels doesn’t seem to work and hurts the visibility of the league over the long haul. He’s also banking on turning those relatively high ratings into a TV contract that will pull the league out of the red.
Absolutely.
AAF went off radar when they took it to the lesser channels.

I have watched a good number of XFL games and I think it fits in this time frame after the SB and before baseball really kicks in.

Any word on the XFL shutting down?

(Insert joke of gatherings of less than 1000 people).

Man, I hope not..there is nothing going to be on.

Vince should be pushing for his games to be moved from FS1, FS2, and ESPN2 to the big channels. Play in front of nobody if need be, but nothing else will be on. The ratings will be yuge

XFL missed a huge opportunity here.
They should have played the games and being the only game in town would have helped them.

I still believe that if people want to attend, allow them to but if they wanted their money back then go ahead and do so.

XFL missed a huge opportunity here.
They should have played the games and being the only game in town would have helped them.

I still believe that if people want to attend, allow them to but if they wanted their money back then go ahead and do so.
Kinda smart not to considering a Seattle Dragon tested positive for COVID-19. And had it three days before the league suspended operations.

XFL officially cancels season due to coronavirus

The XFL has scrapped the rest of its revival season due to the coronavirus pandemic.

“The COVID-19 pandemic, and the most recent local and state regulations, have left the XFL no choice but to officially cancel the remainder of the 2020 season,” the league said in a statement. “This decision has been made with the health and safety of the entire XFL family as our top priority. While we are disappointed to not complete the 2020 season, our hearts are full of appreciation for your overwhelming support.”

Most think it will be permanent. Spring football just doesn't seem to work and the idea should be put out to pasture.

It appears there is a need for a minor/developmental football league though but what is the right model? NCAA football will be vastly different next year and who knows what that will look like. If I was one of the better QBs like Lawrence or Fields I would sit that thing out if it meant shorten camp leading to sub par football with games in front of empty stadiums so that schools could still collect TV $s. Why risk the injury so that everyone but you gets paid? Maybe it's time for a new league that tries to compete against NCAA on Saturdays while there is an opportunity to force them to be fairer to players with regards to their slice of the economic pie? Maybe the NFL says screw it and comes up with their own plan to take advantage of the situation? A lot of unknowns out there in these trying times...

No minor league is going to be able to compete with the NCAA. College football isn't popular because it's "minor league" football

Vince McMahon should have stuck with what he knows- wrestling. He's unsuccessfully gone down this road twice now and pissed millions into the wind.

Vince McMahon should have stuck with what he knows- wrestling. He's unsuccessfully gone down this road twice now and pissed millions into the wind.
Many would debate how much Vincent K. McMahon really knows about wrestling. Nobody has done more to harm professional wrestling than him. McMahon hates the wrestling business but loves the entertainment business.

Many would debate how much Vincent K. McMahon really knows about wrestling. Nobody has done more to harm professional wrestling than him. McMahon hates the wrestling business but loves the entertainment business.

He's certainly made some bad decisions on the wrestling side over the years, but he's always put butts in the seats and made money. He was essentially able to create a US monopoly on wrestling. It will be interesting to see what inroads AEW can make.