The Greatest Games that Never Were

nooks

If you could pick any game that should have been played, or that you dreamed of seeing...What would it be and Why?

In the Dayton area...my 4-team all-time dream playoff would be:
- 1971 Troy Trojans vs. 2015 Wayne Warriors...
- 1976 Centerville Elks vs. 1976 Dayton Meadowdale...
- All were undefeated regular season (Wayne lost in the state title game, after finishing 2nd as well the year before))
- Troy had 11 Div. 1 college players and outscored opponents 405-54 (Gordon Bell may have been the best Dayton RB ever, sans Keith Byers)
- Centerville recorded 6 shutouts & allowed just 322 yards rushing for the year ( had 7 Div.1 players )
- Meadowdale was arguably the best Dayton City league team ever and was voted ahead of Centerville by the Dayton Daily news that season)

Not football, but I think would have been a fun game to watch.

Girls basketball possible(some say probable) DIV championship from this year. Minster vs. Fort Loramie.
Rematch of the very 1st game of the season in which FL throttled Minster.
Minster would have been going for a 3 peat, FL would have been looking for redemption after losing to Minster in regional finals the past 2 years.

For a couple schools that are only 2-3 miles apart, would have been an interesting day for the area.

2018/19 Orrville vs. 2018/19 Kirtland.

I would have loved to see Marquael Parks & company take on the Kirtland defense & for Kirtland’s stack-I to go against the Red Rider’s defense. This could happen next year, but not if Parks transfers out of Orrville.

2018/19 Orrville vs. 2018/19 Kirtland.

I would have loved to see Marquael Parks & company take on the Kirtland defense & for Kirtland’s stack-I to go against the Red Rider’s defense. This could happen next year, but not if Parks transfers out of Orrville.
unfortunately i think he’s headed to Dublin Coffman but can’t confirm that

2015 rematch between Archbishop Hoban and Benedictine.
Benedictine won the first match up 35-14 but went on to lose to Toledo Central Catholic in the region 8 final.
Hoban went on to win their first of 4 consecutive state championships.
Would’ve been fun to see the 2 NCL schools play in that state championship game.

1995 Colerain vs St. Ignatius. Pretty sure Colerain would have won easily.
You just won't let up, will you? Despite thae Colerain had only one Div 1 player on its team, and that Ignatius would have put 11 players who later wore NFL jerseys on that hypothetical field, you think the Cards would have won?

You just won't let up, will you? Despite thae Colerain had only one Div 1 player on its team, and that Ignatius would have put 11 players who later wore NFL jerseys on that hypothetical field, you think the Cards would have won?

49-7 versus 41-21 against a team that had no real time to prepare and even led at half. Iggy would have gotten drubbled.

2001 WGH vs 2002 WGH, 1972 WWR vs 1974 WGH or 1971 WGH.

Any of the above vs 1990 WGH. 2001 WGH would beat all of them IMO.

A non-consolidated 1990 WWR Raiders vs 1990 WGH Panthers. Just to highlight how much of the 1990 WGH state-title team was WWR talent. :)

Yeah, something to the effect that he told his team they were the public school state champions
Which means nothing. Well when we played Ursuline in 2009, I remember Coach Reed telling us that the team we played wasnt a division 5 team. However, he didn't ever proclaim us public school state champions like slim shady's coach.

Which means nothing. Well when we played Ursuline in 2009, I remember Coach Reed telling us that the team we played wasnt a division 5 team. However, he didn't ever proclaim us public school state champions like slim shady's coach.
Was that with our backup QB for the playoffs? NOt that it would have mattered much (and yes, i know we benefited, twice, with tUYCM having their QB out) because we were not stopping them one bit, buy maybe would have made it a little bit closer.....

Was that with our backup QB for the playoffs? NOt that it would have mattered much (and yes, i know we benefited, twice, with tUYCM having their QB out) because we were not stopping them one bit, buy maybe would have made it a little bit closer.....
2009 was Keith Wenning.