La Salle Cross Country

Probably a little more like following Bobby Knight at IU. LaSalle won a lot, but not that much.

The Enquirer is reporting that La Salle's cross country coach has been named.

La Salle names new cross country coach
Nick Jarrell comes to La Salle with previous coaching experience at Westerville Central High School. He also served as an assistant coach with the La Salle tack and field team.

“I am excited to help guide La Salle's storied program into the 2020s,” Jarrell said. “La Salle has always had a great reputation in the sport throughout the state of Ohio and I consider myself lucky to get to be working with these students to uphold that reputation.”

Nick Jarrell is the new cross country coach at La Salle

Nick Jarrell is the new cross country coach at La Salle (Photo: Thanks to LaSalle Athletics)

Coach Jarrell is a former state qualifier in both cross country and track and field. He competed at Saint John’s Jesuit High School and finished 27th overall at the state cross country meet in 2014. Coach Jarrell was also a member of the cross country and track team while attending Ohio State.

“I’m very excited to bring Nick into our La Salle community as the new head cross country coach,” Athletic Director Brian Meyer shared. “Coach Jarrell has great knowledge and experiences as a runner from his time at Ohio State and Saint John’s Jesuit. He is excited and ready to share his knowledge of running with our student-athletes.”

Last edited:
Another long time successful cc coach appears to be retiring as the NDCL job is
now listed. Karl Weinfurtner had many years of state ranked teams and high finishes.