VASJ Part Ways with Babe Kwasniak

Who will be the next VASJ Hoops HC

• Ashen Ward c/o 2008 (Orange HC, former Assistant under Babe) Played in 3 final fours as a player

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Rich Newlon (Current Lady Vikings HC, Assistant under Babe)

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Dave Wojciechowsk c/o 1990 (Harvey HC, former HC 00-10) Grbac is good friends with him

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Rollie Smith c/o 1999 (Current Assistant)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Tony Redding c/o 1989 (Former Lady Vikings HC and Assistant under Woj)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
When is the parade for Brush's Sectional Championship?

Gov. DeWine stated today that the parade could go on since there will only be family in attendance, less than 15 people and it will only circle the Brush H.S. parking lot. The float will stop in front of the Brush gym where Coach Mason will go into the lobby and place the sectional net in the basketball trophy case.

We are in the process of vetting several candidates currently for the position and are somewhat pleased with the pool we have assembled. I can tell you that Coach Mason has been considered and is undecided on whether or not he will interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any interview/coaching news to share with the less privileged?
Yes. Coach Babe was removed due to multiple acts of insubordination so I’m told the hiring group is looking at someone with a little less of a background in that type of “leadership.” Winners win.

Yesterday the school posted a Tweet saying they were looking for a Head Basketball Coach. Send Cover Sheet, Resume and 3 References. I dont think they have a solid candidate as of yet. I'm sure they will get a ton of applicants. Mason is a horrible coach and would be a not be a good fit. He does not coach and his teams underachieved when he had elite talent. The perfect fit is Ash.

Yesterday the school posted a Tweet saying they were looking for a Head Basketball Coach. Send Cover Sheet, Resume and 3 References. I dont think they have a solid candidate as of yet. I'm sure they will get a ton of applicants. Mason is a horrible coach and would be a not be a good fit. He does not coach and his teams underachieved when he had elite talent. The perfect fit is Ash.
Mason coached USA basketball and Brush to many sectional championships.

But according to Brusharc, he is on the search committee and he knows that Mason is under consideration.

He is not on any search committee. You should know by now the village idiot is full of .....
Oh, NO! You mean to tell me that when he says "WE are in the process of vetting several candidates..." he was being a little ... let's charitably call it, self-aggrandizing!?!

Oh, NO! You mean to tell me that when he says "WE are in the process of vetting several candidates..." he was being a little ... let's charitably call it, self-aggrandizing!?!

Yes - just like he does when he says Mason is an elite coach of an elite program.

Here is what I am allowed to tell you at this point. Coach Babe tried to get his job back and was swept off stage like a dreadful comedian at The Apollo. He tried to use the president’s resignation as a rallying point. Next.

There are a few target candidates right now and a couple of them have more juice than others. At this point some existing head coaches with ties to the program and a couple head coaches that have been recently successful have been contacted. Everyone wants to know why the program was allowed to slip to this point? It’s a tough question to answer. More to come....

Here is what I am allowed to tell you at this point. Coach Babe tried to get his job back and was swept off stage like a dreadful comedian at The Apollo. He tried to use the president’s resignation as a rallying point. Next.

There are a few target candidates right now and a couple of them have more juice than others. At this point some existing head coaches with ties to the program and a couple head coaches that have been recently successful have been contacted. Everyone wants to know why the program was allowed to slip to this point? It’s a tough question to answer. More to come....
So in others words you know nothing

Slip? That is crazy talk. Five straight state championship games. No Viking coach has ever done that, nor will they ever do it again. Three state championships in ten seasons. His 48-6 record in the tournament is crazy good. We know he hurt your feelings and all. He didn't play your son, broke up your marriage, cost you your job, bought your favorite sports jacket, or something along those lines. Your bias is so obvious. It must kill you that Babe was so successful in every sense of the word - with his players as competitors and men, with wins/losses and titles, and in the eyes of state/national basketball minds. Babe has his flaws, but nobody they bring in will be able to duplicate his kind of success. Nobody. The 2019-20 season was bad. But to suggest the program has slipped is incredibly unfair and inaccurate. Some might argue that his ten years were the best ten years in their program, which is saying a lot.

Maybe it was time to go. Maybe not. But to say the program has slipped is ridiculous.

Is there a sadder, more obsessed loser in the history of anything than BrushArc on this forum? My sources say no.

Amen Henry. You would be shocked if you knew who BrushArc and his small band of Mean Girls really are. Grown men with wives and kids, coaches, and professionals with good jobs, harassing a man and coach relentlessly on social media and behind the scenes for over 3 years It's really quite sad and pathetic and bad karma can be a terrible thing.