2020 Three Rivers Athletic Conference (TRAC) Predictions

cchs1983

I'm sure Central Catholic will be the pick, some high end talent for sure, but also a lot of un-proven kids will be playing who have never played a big snap in an important game. St John's returns the two best players in the league and this is the year Chipka has told anybody who would listen that SFS will make some noise. Whitmer will be breaking in a new QB for the first time in like 20 years it seems, but Mr Hornbeak looks well prepared. I know there's some young talent at Ross and Findlay and Clay has a few nice younger players too.

My guess is because Ross has some good classes coming up. Just a hunch.

Here is another strong hunch. CCHS will be boss once again. ;)

Central will be the favorite once again. Vargas will be a senior. Some of their lineman return. Reasonover (sp?) was a quality backup for Norrills and will be the feature back.

Central will be the favorite once again. Vargas will be a senior. Some of their lineman return. Reasonover (sp?) was a quality backup for Norrills and will be the feature back.

CC returns the top WR in Johnson and they also return the top RB in Reasonover who already has college interest (has offer from Akron) even though he was a back-up. The Oline will once again be big and strong.

Has Findlay hired a new coach yet? If not has a list of applicants been released?

Is Ritzler done or will he be joining another staff somewhere? He would be a nice fit on the Ross staff...

Toledo Central Catholic's 2020 schedule is complete, picking up Cleveland Benedictine for a home and home, going to CB in 2020.

CC returns the QB, a DI running back in Reasonover and the biggest and best olineman in the league. This all goes without mentioning the dynamic Parker and the frosh stud. The D will reload per usual. CC runs the table.

Whitmer might be better than some might think. They have had good off season numbers and the Whitmer offense will return to its run first from the spread self. Riley Keller, while great, changed the Whitmer dynamic and the QB run threat was close to nonexistent. A couple speedy WR's and a load of a QB will be a bear. Defense will be the question as the Panthers lost everyone upfront but their 3 year starter MLB Kameron Vargas.

SJ returns with Lichtenberg at QB, Zsiros at WR, and Toth at RB but losing Ryder and more importantly Mitsopolous is going to hurt. I believe the SJ roster had 54 kids last season? They will have some players but zero depth.

SF returns just about everyone but they have not been able to get over that hump. They return 3 solid RB's, a good TE/DE in Petro, and several linemen. This is the class they have been waiting for.

Clay returns a three year guy at QB in Heintschel, RB in Pettaway, FB's in Gibbs and Coughlin, but has zero WR's and lost some size upfront. Defensively the Eagles return their top DE and NG and a couple backers along with a corner (Meinke) and FS (Naugle). The last time they came off of a 5-5 record they followed up with a 1-9 season. Lets see if the Eagles can get to 6-4 or better and a shot at the playoffs. For that to happen they will HAVE to knock off at least one of the teams mentioned above.

Findlay will have a new coach and some slight depth issues but did start a couple younger kids.

Ross was really bad last year but essentially started a freshman/JV team all season. I still believe the Little Giants are a year away from making any noise.

Lima Sr. has another new coach but there is always talent in the building. Can Townsend get that talent out and playing well with one another will be the question.

Any thoughts on the other leagues in the area? I assume AW is the pick to dominate the NLL for the foreseeable future? Eastwood is probably as safe a pick as CCHS. Archbold, Wauseon and Liberty Center in the NWOAL?

Anthony Wayne is a machine now. They're closest NLL game was 21 points last year. It'll be 20 this year. They will roll through NLL.

Eastwood returns a lot, but does lose their 2 running backs. They have athletes ready though I'm sure. Rossford/Otsego could contend though.

Toss up, per usual the last couple of years in the NWOAL.

Any thoughts on the other leagues in the area? I assume AW is the pick to dominate the NLL for the foreseeable future? Eastwood is probably as safe a pick as CCHS. Archbold, Wauseon and Liberty Center in the NWOAL?

Start has certainly been kings of the city league since as of 2015 (24-1 over the last five seasons in the city). Never thought I'd see a day when Woodward (15-4-1 the last 4 seasons) was a consistent city contender / city championship caliber team. As of late the city has become Start / Woodward and then round out the rest. Any idea on who has who coming back? does the TCAL do a 1st team, 2nd team, etc...??? Woodward's defense was pretty spot on last year giving up 26 total points in city competition.

TCAL 2019
1 Woodward 4-0-1
2 Start 4-1
3 Waite 3-2
4 Rogers 2-2-1
5 Bowsher 1-4
6 Scott 0-5

TCAL 2018
1 Start 5-0
2 Bowsher 3-2
3 Woodward 3-2
4 Scott 2-3