Will there be a season?

...and I concur, we are not having a season.

The Cincinnati Steam, a summer college wood bat team in the Great Lakes Collegiate League, which plays in June/July stated they will not field a team this year. I expect many, if not the whole league, will follow suit unfortunately.

I'm hearing from a youth organization that they are leaning towards the Spring/Summer season being played this year. Nothing in stone yet but they think that things will clear up enough for the season to begin.

I think a month from now, we will have a much better idea of how things look. If we are still ramping up cases, things will get cancelled. If we are on the other side of the peak, then life will start to return to normal. This biggest factor in returning to normalcy is the death rate.

I'm hearing from a youth organization that they are leaning towards the Spring/Summer season being played this year. Nothing in stone yet but they think that things will clear up enough for the season to begin.

I think a month from now, we will have a much better idea of how things look. If we are still ramping up cases, things will get cancelled. If we are on the other side of the peak, then life will start to return to normal. This biggest factor in returning to normalcy is the death rate.

And that will depend largely upon whether or not the state's healthcare system is overtaken by severe cases which require intensive care, as continues to be the case in Italy.

Ohio is not testing enough and making decisions on worst case projections. WHO keeps saying that testing is most important thing yuo should do and we are not testing do are ratios are really skewed. They keep pointing to Italy but there are so many differences. Their average age is one of the oldest in the world and they live in very close quarters. I really hope that this early spring helps move this along. I am so frustrated.

Think of what a mess financially it is going to be if this virus dictates a longer social distancing period than anticipated and all the summer travel ball organizations who have invested in prepaying for tournaments, uniforms, field rentals, insurance etc... have to get that money back to refund the parents they took thousands of dollars from over the winter for junior to play on said team! Are there any tournament directors on this ? are you going to give the money back? I doubt it. You will just offer money off for summer of 2021 and stick the travel team managers having to deal with the parents. I can already see Memorial Day tournaments getting nixed and first week of June tournies.

Our summer youth season does not start until the first week after school ends, so usually first week of June so I imagine that will go on, or revisted at a way later date, and because how it is conducted can be decided at the last second.

Little league usually starts games late May, so again, that can be decided much later as well.

They SHOULD NOT be hasty and cancel these things too early. If yesterday was any indicator, with nice weather, of how antsy the public will be I hate to see hwne it gets really nice

Did anyone see that they are offering umpiring classes online for free right now? Think a buddy passed that along to me....

HS Coaches do know the rules and we have mandatory pre-season rules meeting, on line now, that we must attend or be fined. And of course Snodgrass is always going over them with us at the winter clinic in Columbus every year as well, lol.... I hope you were referring to all the summer ball daddy coaches, that I could agree with you on!

HS Coaches do know the rules and we have mandatory pre-season rules meeting, on line now, that we must attend or be fined. And of course Snodgrass is always going over them with us at the winter clinic in Columbus every year as well, lol.... I hope you were referring to all the summer ball daddy coaches, that I could agree with you on!
Yes, mostly!

I had to correct a spring coach last year on a rule where he totally messed up, but luckily so did the umpire in intrepeting it!

I havent looked at the extended forecast, but if the weather stays nice I believe it will get a lot more people starting to question how silly this whole thing is.

Local market and lake was very busy today and people are just ready for this to be over. I dont think Dictator DeWine can keep this fear campaign going much longer before civil disobedience gets worse.....

I havent looked at the extended forecast, but if the weather stays nice I believe it will get a lot more people starting to question how silly this whole thing is.

Local market and lake was very busy today and people are just ready for this to be over. I dont think Dictator DeWine can keep this fear campaign going much longer before civil disobedience gets worse.....
Nothing in the Stay at Home Order suggests people should not go to the market or the lake.

Going back to work is the big issue.

And school, but no district will defy the governor over that.

Its still all up in the air as to when things start getting back to normal but If we can get this thing rolling by May I think we can save the season.
Conference games over the course of May scattered in with a few non-conference games depending on how big the conference is.
We could play League DHs on Saturdays if need be. Start the tournament 1st week of June. Half the state is gone after the first week anyways, which would be in line with the original state weekend.

I know its part of the deal but I'm tired of talking about finding sites for state tournament games later in the summer.
The kids would play on a sandlot for a shot at a state title.

Did anyone who thinks like that bother to read the Stay at Home Order? It's not that restrictive. In reality, it's more like an order to "think before you act." The major advantage we have in bringing this to an end sooner is that we don't live in tightly packed areas like NYC or the old large cities of Western Europe. We have greater ability to keep our distance from each other. Why piss away that advantage?

Did anyone who thinks like that bother to read the Stay at Home Order? It's not that restrictive. In reality, it's more like an order to "think before you act." The major advantage we have in bringing this to an end sooner is that we don't live in tightly packed areas like NYC or the old large cities of Western Europe. We have greater ability to keep our distance from each other. Why piss away that advantage?
Yeah, i think in general a stay at home order is a fear campaign

but back to the stuff that matters, baseball season. I think a season can be saved. Teams will have to have a big pitching staff early on as I coulds ee Ohio putting extra pitch counts in to get the season rolling quicker.

Yeah, i think in general a stay at home order is a fear campaign

He is listening to the experts. What does he gain from a fear campaign? Or canceling things? Nothing. He knows he’s impacting lives and is making tough decisions. Snodgrass should make the same decisions instead of putting on the shoulders of others and listen to the experts projections. The CDC aNd Acton are the experts and need to be trusted.

I come on this website to talk sports. Instead I get drawn in to hoaxes and misinformation in a time of crisis.