Toledo St. Johns All-Time Bracket

irish_buffalo

Pretty cool to whoever put it together. Lots of talent there.

As with all brackets I'm pissed. Brian Robert's should have been a #1 seed IMO. :)

Norrils a #7 seed? People forget Vincent Williams (#1) played against no one. Many of the guys on this played at times when the TCL/TRAC was absolutely chock full of talent. Marc Loving WAS a Mr. Basketball after all.

I got Brian Roberts, Shane Komives, Cheatham Norrils (kid just had grit), and Brian Miller in my Final 4.

There are players in the 90's and 00's bracket that would win the other two brackets. Lots of talent running through SJ from 1990-2010.

Last edited:
Wasn't there a mid to late 80's guy who played at Ohio State? Can't remember his name for the life of me.

^^ To answer my question;

Nick Hodak - I remember him as always having knee issues. Played a handful of games at Ohio State. Probably could have replaced a couple of the names in that 1980's bracket.

Some disrespect for Anthony Glover.
Did not even notice that. I'd have him in there over Ersthausen. There was another Taylor kid who was right after Jay Springs (they played together) and were very similar in style. 6' and athletic. I'd also of had 6'11" BGSU Jake Holmes on there over Oberdick. Just my opinion of course. The 90's and 00's were loaded for SJ.

Did not even notice that. I'd have him in there over Ersthausen. There was another Taylor kid who was right after Jay Springs (they played together) and were very similar in style. 6' and athletic. I'd also of had 6'11" BGSU Jake Holmes on there over Oberdick. Just my opinion of course. The 90's and 00's were loaded for SJ.

Sounds like you are talking about Michael Taylor to me. He is on there.

I am not sure if he ended up at Siena Heights of not. Couldn't find his name in the stats around that time.

Last edited:
There was a SFS Taylor that played 1997/98ish and had a cup pf coffee at Findlay that fits your description....
I remember him. Slick player. Woodward transfer if I remember right. Was just before Cullars and Fox. SF had some talent back then but Ed always had their number.

That is it. Thanks.

Jay Springs is the best football player no one ever heard of from Toledo.
Because easy Ed told him to quit football to focus hoops. Now that would be a great topic, hoops coaches who told football players to stop playing football bc you'll be bigtime as a college hooper.