NE Ohio Big 4

dion

The top four teams in NE Ohio have some interesting returning lineups. Brecksville returns 7 SQ's with 2 district champs, Ed's returns 7 with 3 district champs, Wadsworth returns 8 and 4 district champs, and Elyria returns 6 with 1 district champ. I know that all these teams are bringing up at least 1 8th grader that will be a quality starter and some high quality wrestlers who maybe didn't make it out of districts. Can Ed's be pushed by the other 3 teams next season?

From what I know, I believe St. Ed's will still have a little too much "fire power" to be overtaken. However, from what I've heard concerning transfers, returning starters, and incoming freshman I do think that Both Brecksville and Wadsworth will have narrowed the gap; not sure about Elyria.

The quality on NE Ohio Wrestling awesome! I think all 4 teams have legitimate chances to win next year. It’s all in what they do to prepare for it. Summer wrestling produces winter champions. Good luck to all those teams and may everyone stay healthy all year.

Haha. LaSalle neighboring Brecksville. This transfer stuff is out of control. Open enrollment is a disaster for fairness in sports.
Coming from LaSalle would not be an open enrollment situation, rather I would expect a move would have to occur.

C’mon folks ... Jerry Snodgrass said it’s a student-athlete thing not an athlete-student thing or something like that ! Maybe Brecksville has a better academic program then Lasalle or the other schools in the state. Just sayin ...

Looking at the original topic, just curious to know if anyone thinks any of the other 3 teams are capable of catching up to ST. Ed's next season?

Looking at the original topic, just curious to know if anyone thinks any of the other 3 teams are capable of catching up to ST. Ed's next season?
If two of the three rumors are true that I hear then yes Brecksville could catch Ed’s. If Paddy Gallagher graduates early to train at Ohio State and Fishback moves back to Brecksville that will be huge swings in points for both teams.
I do hear of a third rumor which I’m not sure happens but hearing Coach Hef could step away and IF he does that Coach K. or Gus Sako takes over. IF Coach K takes over Ed’s next year Paddy maybe could stay.
I will say this I did hear a interview where Coach Hef said he was coming back after state duals so we will see how it plays out.

Wadsworth should have state placement pts. from 106 thru 132. I expect 138, 152, 170, and 182 all to at least qualify to state, so that should be a few pts. 160 should place in the top 3, and 195 should place in the top 5. Would think this would be good enough for at least third place.

It is still a hard question to answer. We are not sure of all of the "power plays" Brecksville is making. Looks like someone is try to build a team for their kid's last year. The question is how many Hesh houses do they have available to "loan" out for the address. I think at least one became available this year. Part of their JH advertising lists all of the kids that moved into the district through the years and the towns they came from following up with, "you could be next. Talk to Coach Haverdill." Major gray area! Crazy. I would keep my eye on Columus area. DC has a tough line-up. I would add them to the top tier. Wadsworth always tough - year after year. Strong program and community. I would always put my money on them.