Ohio's tournaments...coronavirus may throw a wrench into it

radiodaveagain

Lots going on behind the scenes with virus scare ---

also...UD hosts the First Four...OSU eliminating classes, could cause an OHSAA disater...

Two Sides To Every Story: The Coronavirus...No Classes For Ohio State, No NCAA Tournament For UD?

OHSAA Statement on Tournaments and Coronavirus

Lots going on behind the scenes with virus scare ---

also...UD hosts the First Four...OSU eliminating classes, could cause an OHSAA disater...

Two Sides To Every Story: The Coronavirus...No Classes For Ohio State, No NCAA Tournament For UD?

OHSAA Statement on Tournaments and Coronavirus
So is the second link official or is it just a rumor?

DeWine has issued a warning that no spectators attend Ohio events. I know Wellington has already canceled it's fan bus. This is a sad state of affairs.

Update: Tonights game can be attended by fans, but it sounds like immediate family members of athletes only after this.

This is beyond ridiculous. OHSAA is only allowing immediate family to attend games after tonight. Dewine didn't mandate it....his wording said "ask" that they limit fans. I'd be shocked if the MAC and the NCAA handle this the way the OHSAA did. Dewine has just ruined the biggest 2 weeks of most of these kids' HS careers. I get it...it's an issue...but I think this is a huge overreaction

My son had all his CSU classes cancelled and switched to online. I'm sure this may effect the regional.

This is beyond ridiculous. OHSAA is only allowing immediate family to attend games after tonight. Dewine didn't mandate it....his wording said "ask" that they limit fans. I'd be shocked if the MAC and the NCAA handle this the way the OHSAA did. Dewine has just ruined the biggest 2 weeks of most of these kids' HS careers. I get it...it's an issue...but I think this is a huge overreaction
Do you think the OHSAA should have ignored the governor's request?

Do you think the OHSAA should have ignored the governor's request?

I've read several different articles....some have said "recommend" and some have not used that word.

Schools closing are going to be next, just watch. DeWine has already somewhat eluded to it.

This is going to be a mess.

Administrators and politicians will do whatever they can to make sure the bulls-eye doesn't land back on them. It's going to be a mess.

School, events, games, plays - all going to be cancelled, moved, or changed. It's going to be chaos. This is how they'll get their chaos.

This is going to be a mess.

Administrators and politicians will do whatever they can to make sure the bulls-eye doesn't land back on them. It's going to be a mess.

School, events, games, plays - all going to be cancelled, moved, or changed. It's going to be chaos. This is how they'll get their chaos.

Amd will only create more of an unnecessary run on the grocery stores.

Career bureaucrats are dorks

It's just for the "near future" to limit the spread of COVID 19--if you limit the # of people exposed and thusly keep the infected #'s down--it's being proactive and not waiting til too late--fans can listen on radio, watch TV, or follow on twitter-- DeWine and Ohio Health experts are right!!

It's just for the "near future" to limit the spread of COVID 19--if you limit the # of people exposed and thusly keep the infected #'s down--it's being proactive and not waiting til too late--fans can listen on radio, watch TV, or follow on twitter-- DeWine and Ohio Health experts are right!!

And the reasoning isn’t necessarily for the virus itself, it’s to slow the spreading so our health care systems don’t get overloaded causing much more issues.

It would be nice if the OHSAA would come out with a definitive statement. I know personally getting a little nervous. Already have my books and days off next week. On a personal note have a little “tickle” in my throat with cough so I won’t be at the Fieldhouse tonite. Wouldn’t want to be a distraction! But seriously let’s just all use some common sense as with our seasonal flu outbreaks. Door knobs-Purel-seats-Purel-sneeze or cough in elbow-lots of handwashing!

How about a protocol: Upon entering any arena proceed to restroom and wash hands. Disinfect arena seat and especially arm rests with personal or provided disinfecting wipes. If you happen to cough, sneeze, clear throat, do it in your elbow! And if you think your sick. Don’t go!

So how are they going to be able to tell if you are immediate family if you have a ticket ? My parents don't even have the same last name anymore for example

Will schools give refunds for tickets purchased ?

So how are they going to be able to tell if you are immediate family if you have a ticket ? My parents don't even have the same last name anymore for example

Will schools give refunds for tickets purchased ?
They’re going to have to.

I’m guessing each student will give names of who’s coming. Or they will give special tickets to the players and those will be used for entry

They’re going to have to.

I’m guessing each student will give names of who’s coming. Or they will give special tickets to the players and those will be used for entry
That's my guess as well. Gotta be something like that with new tickets or else people will lie and go. I have tickets and would do that because this is stupid

If the NBA is not doing this than what real pro active benefit will this measure provide. And NHL, and NCAA. And going to the grocery store. AND,AND,AND??? How about if you show up with your mask on and a bottle of hand sanitizer you will gain admittance.

How much of this is actual precaution and how much of it is not leaving themselves open to getting sued? I feel that this is a difficult decision but can't help but think about the liability and legal ends of it.

Meanwhile Nancy Pelosi is attempting to introduce emergency legislation that would undue Trumps imposed ban on flights from infected countries. Sounds like half the gov't doesnt really care about this virus.