• Colerain (10-14)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (8-15)

• Lakota West (5-18)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Isn’t scoring more than the other team the object of the game? And don’t you in fact win some and lose some? You sound like a very disgruntled parent or ex-coach/coach. Knocking any coach winning in the tournament with “what if” opponent scenarios is sad.

when his time is done at west, he will be below .500. build a statue for him

I would of took the Turpin old coach before Green in a heartbeat at Princeton, I know He was well liked by former players and parents,

Because they can't force kids to care?

Yeah they can't force kids to care. But they definitely don't try to inspire the kids to support the teams. My daughter played and cheered there for 4 years, and she even said that they don't even try to get the kids to support. I just remember when I played there the AD and the principal would get the students fired up to come and support us. If it's not Winton Woods the Viking faithful don't show up

Austing, the former head coach at Fairfield and assistant at Elder will be in the mix for openings this year as well. A GMC school like Princeton would be a fit.

Fairly certain Austing doesn’t want to coach anymore.

I do believe he will get back into it sooner than you think. Not saying he will get the Princeton job but he lives west-side and it would be a fit.

Selfishly, I'd like Elder to hire him right now, but the head coach for the past 30 years just isn't ready to leave.

as a alumni and support of the school I would like to see a coach that has had success , unfortunately the past few coaches have either stepped down or left for better jobs , I’ll take Mitchell first and D Hunter as his assistant or flip flop them

[QUOTE="InTheKnow513, post: 7562613, member: 306021"

New member with 2 posts, ok I’ll bite. I follow the gmc. Technically West is 14-11 and went 8-8 in a tough conference. Went 2-1 versus Princeton, Heard of Mason beat them In the tourney. Well coached and good.

They beat the teams they should and The Who have they beat well the losses included oak hills buzzer beater and OT, Turpin early, East twice, springboro by 2 without leading scorer, lasalle lost it at the end. 3 of those teams are left in the District. Can’t take away this great tourney run! Reality check, they are in the final 32 and sure they may lose to centerville or certainly Moeller but a fantastic finish! From what I hear great coaching in the tourney and big time plays.

This is second year, let’s see how he does the next 2yrs. First time been to districts since 2006-7 not bad.
When the LW was hired, LW was a dumpster fire and is now competitive which is great for the kids. He did lose a big part of the team in the middle of season, adjusted and had a very nice tourney run. However, my understanding was that when he was hired, it was a short term thing. Is he going to stick around for a third season?

I do believe he will get back into it sooner than you think. Not saying he will get the Princeton job but he lives west-side and it would be a fit.

Selfishly, I'd like Elder to hire him right now, but the head coach for the past 30 years just isn't ready to leave.
He would take Elder to the State within 3 years.

as a alumni and support of the school I would like to see a coach that has had success , unfortunately the past few coaches have either stepped down or left for better jobs , I’ll take Mitchell first and D Hunter as his assistant or flip flop them

I just want a coach for longer than 2 seasons. Darweshi Hunter played for three coaches in 4 years, and Bazley played for two in 2 years

That is why the administration needs to find a real coach who knows how to build a real program with a track record of long term success and not just a 2 or 3 year fix.

Last edited:
I just want a coach for longer than 2 seasons. Darweshi Hunter played for three coaches in 4 years, and Bazley played for two in 2 years
That’s because Bazley coach couldn’t keep his dick in his pants after practice, and other coach took a better job , I agree they need stability like the football program needed

GMC thread but ok. Elder HS = Westside students from their parishes.
LaSalle = 70%+ of their students are their area but they do a bit of selective recruiting.
St. X has always drawn from a bigger area. Martin probably wasn't aggressive enough in working to get kids to St. X. The next guy, Mr. Bow Tie/Naismith let everyone know he was recruiting everywhere. Don't know if he was successful or not because he had other issues including the game. Moeller University draws players from all over the Greater Cincinnati area. They have a systematic approach to identifying the best talent at a young age and find a way to legally communicate with them. As a result they have strong classes every year. There is no doubt that because of their success at times parents reach out to them like any private school. For example did they recruit the player who transferred form NW and had to sit? I have no idea but it wouldn't surprise me if he came on his own...….or not. :)

Moeller University draws players from all over the Greater Cincinnati area. They have a systematic approach to identifying the best talent at a young age and find a way to legally communicate with them. As a result they have strong classes every year. . :)

Systematic approach and legally communicate, strong classes every year ~ :D:D:D:D:D

What world do you live in. Their great classes, continue to lose at the freshman and jv level to almost every GCL South school. If Max Land doesn't transfer in from Mason you really think this team has 1 loss? Mahaffey tranfers in from northwest, it's a joke. They cheat and every coach and player around the city knows it. I'd rather lose with the kids who enrolled than replace them with transfers to win. IT'S HS BASKETBALL

Systematic approach and legally communicate, strong classes every year ~ :D:D:D:D:D

What world do you live in. Their great classes, continue to lose at the freshman and jv level to almost every GCL South school. If Max Land doesn't transfer in from Mason you really think this team has 1 loss? Mahaffey tranfers in from northwest, it's a joke. They cheat and every coach and player around the city knows it. I'd rather lose with the kids who enrolled than replace them with transfers to win. IT'S HS BASKETBALL

2 players transfer to the best program in Ohio and your saying they cheat? Ever think the parents had something to do with the decision for their talented basketball player to be part of a better program and enhance their opportunity to play in college? If your Ok with losing, why are you crying?

2 players transfer to the best program in Ohio and your saying they cheat? Ever think the parents had something to do with the decision for their talented basketball player to be part of a better program and enhance their opportunity to play in college? If your Ok with losing, why are you crying?

Also had Pfriem from Roger Bacon.