OATCCC Indoor - Division II / III

JAVMAN83

FYI - All distances greater than 60m are on an over-sized track (300m). Legal tracks are 200m or shorter.

Live Results - https://m.timerhub.com/f033ab37c30201f73f142449d037028d.html#_event_index

Winners
4x800m (g) - Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary - 9:35.93 MR - Therese Hagey, Laney King, Emily Barne, Natalie Tobin
4x800m (b) - Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary - 8:05.91 - Chase Powers, Nathan Snipes, Andrew Mcsteen, Nasari Epps
60mH (g) - Kerrigan Myers (Galion) - 8.58 sec.!!! MR - #2 All-Time Ohio, moving ahead of all-time great LaVonna Martin (Trotwood-Madison, national record holder in 1984, 8.59) and Lauren Micham (Sylvania Southview). Now trails only the 8.52 by Division I great from 2000, DALANDA JACKSON (Shaker Heights).
60mH (b) - Liam Boivin (Lakeview) - 8.12 sec.
60m (g) - Chante' Clinkscale (Niles McKinley) - 7.63 sec. - Top 3 under 7.70 sec!
60m (b) - Calvin Hatcher (Dayton Chaminade Julienne) - 6.94 sec.
4x200m (g) - Dayton Chaminade-Julienne - 1:44.84 - Imani Wortham, Julia DiLoreto, Jazmyn Potts, Meyah Haywood
4x200m (b) - Dayton Dunbar - 1:29.44 MR - Brandon Wright, Deandre Jolly, Myles Lacking, Jaquan Lusbrough
1600m (g) - Ella Gilson (Gates Mills Hawken) - 5:08.80
1600m (b) - Xavier Foehl (Heath) - 4:17.30
400m (g) - Abby Suszek (Cornerstone) - 56.68 sec.
400m (b) - Robie Glass (Springfield Shawnee) - 48.77 sec.
800m (g) - Allison Johnson (Mount Gilead) - 2:18.94
800m (b) - Eli Baker (Rock Hill) - 1:54.27
200m (g) - Ashley Perryman (Beachwood) - 25.11 sec.
200m (b) - Calvin Hatcher (Dayton Chaminade-Julienne) - 21.99 sec.
3200m (g) - Alyssa Ellerbrock (Columbus Grove) - 11:02.30
3200m (b) - Caleb Brown (Shelby) - 8:57.68 MR !!! ...destroys the old record by almost 20 seconds!
4x400m (g) - Geneva - 4:07.07 - Elizabeth Joy, Renee Tetlow, Cheyanne Santiago, Tayler Jamison
4x400m (b) - Heath - 3:25.43 - Aidan Schaffer, Xavier Foehl, Reid Bonham, Chance Keller
High Jump (g) - Maddie Alexander (Beachwood) - 5' 6"
High Jump (b) - Robie Glass (Springfield Shawnee) - 6' 10" !! = #10 All-Time Ohio
Pole Vault (g)
- Kenna Stimmel (Castalia Margaretta) - 13' 0 ¼" MR !!
Pole Vault (b) - Hunter Garretson (Newcomerstown) - 16' 6" MR!! - 4 guys over 15' 6"!
Long Jump (g) - Ashley Perryman (Beachwood) - 17' 0 ½"
Long Jump (b) - Hanif Donaldson (Galion) - 21' 3 ½"
Triple Jump (g) - Marinna Atanmo (Rootstown) - 35' 2 ¼"
Triple Jump (b) - Christian Mayfield (Beachwood) - 43' 5"
Shot Put (g) - Kelsey Kennon (Mount Gilead) - 40' 3"
Shot Put (b) - Draven Stodgel (Hillsboro) - 56' 2"
Weight Throw (g) - Ella Rigel (Leipsic) - 50' 8 ½" -
#20 All-Time Ohio
Weight Throw (b) - Tyler Arbaugh (Van Buren) - 72' 3 ¾"

Last edited:

Whoever is doing the audio reporting for Ohio Milesplit is reporting meet records as being facility records. He either doesn't know or doesn't realize that the meet has been at SPIRE for only 3 years now (2018-present). Meet and facility records are quite often DIFFERENT. Before that, the OATCCC Indoor Championships from 2006-2017 was at Akron, and the 1st edition was at Findlay in 2005. Prior to 2005, there had been decades of versions of the Ohio Elite meet held at French Field House.

Whoever is doing the audio reporting for Ohio Milesplit is reporting meet records as being facility records. He either doesn't know or doesn't realize that the meet has been at SPIRE for only 3 years now (2018-present). Meet and facility records are quite often DIFFERENT. Before that, the OATCCC Indoor Championships from 2006-2017 was at Akron, and the 1st edition was at Findlay in 2005. Prior to 2005, there had been decades of versions of the Ohio Elite meet held at French Field House.

Fwiw, Stile field house at Akron is a 300 meter track.

Nobody can pull the wool over JAVMAN83 eyes. Oh, these eyes have seen a lot of Track & Field.

These eyes are not quite as good as they used to be, though. The brain is willing, but the body lags behind more as the decades proceed :)

Fwiw, Stile field house at Akron is a 300 meter track.
Yep, I know. Been there myself numerous times in the past. Thank you. Kent is 300m as well, and Kentucky's is 291m. I have a list of the lengths of all the tracks in Ohio that I track. My ongoing compilation of all-time listings has separate listings for legal and over-sized tracks.

Wow...Caleb Brown dropped a 8:54 3200!
8:54.86 back on Feb 9 at SPIRE.

All-Time Ohio record, by my record-keeping, is still the amazing 8:50.5 (converted) 3200m (8:53.6 2-mile) by Austintown-Fitch's all-time superstar, Alan Scharsu, back on 11 February 1978 in the Knights of Columbus Meet at the old Richfield Coliseum. That was done on a 160 YARD banked, wooden track!

Last edited:
Caleb Brown...
800m Split - 2:11 !
1500m Split - 4:10
1600m Split - 4:25 ! He's got a shot at Scharsu?
2000m Split - 5:36 (Dropped below pace...needs last 1200m in 3:14)
2400m Split - 6:43 (2:18 for last 800m)
2600m Split - 7:17
2900m Split - 8:08...HE CAN DO IT!
3200m - 8:57.68 - Nobody to help him out...He can do it at Nationals if he wishes.

Last edited:
I have a list of the lengths of all the tracks in Ohio that I track.

I would like to see that list if you are willing to post. Do you happen to know the length of the old (I assume they have a new one) Cedarville University indoor track. I ran their in the early '90's, I seem to remember it was like 160 or 180 and more of a circle than an oval. Thanks!

Cedarville's old facility was 10 laps to the mile - 176 yards.

I have a PDF copy of the 1991 Vermeer Classic at Cedarville, but it's too large to upload here. Maybe I can reduce it.

I think I posted a list of track lengths in Ohio a few years ago in one of these threads. Let me see if I can find it for you.

Here's the thread from 2 years ago on facilities. I haven't updated it yet, but I should.

Last edited:

I have a PDF copy of the 1991 Vermeer Classic at Cedarville, but it's too large to upload here. Maybe I can reduce it.

I think I posted a list of track lengths in Ohio a few years ago in one of these threads. Let me see if I can find it for you.

Here's the thread from 2 years ago on facilities. I haven't updated it yet, but I should.
Thanks so my memory isn't too far gone.

1991 Vermeer Classic - 16 February

That was a small, but nice track. Fast, but small. Long jump was on the back stretch. Old wooden seating like old gyms used to have (folded up against the wall). I still have VHS from a couple meets there back in the early 90s.

Attachments

• 1991 - Vermeer Classic Meet Program - 16 February - part 1.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • 1991 - Vermeer Classic Meet Program - 16 February - part 2.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I enjoyed having to guess what the heights were at the Pole Vault. Makes me use my brain a bit. If that guy is 6' tall then I think it's about 13'-0". No idea if any of us guessing were close or not.

Also nice that they didn't bother having anyone entering the weight throw marks for the boys on the display board so that we had no idea what was going on there either.

I enjoyed having to guess what the heights were at the Pole Vault. Makes me use my brain a bit. If that guy is 6' tall then I think it's about 13'-0". No idea if any of us guessing were close or not.

Also nice that they didn't bother having anyone entering the weight throw marks for the boys on the display board so that we had no idea what was going on there either.
For the weight throw, I didn't worry about their actual marks. I used the hash marks on the field to gauge the competitors' throws and determine who was beating who. It was close enough. I had the thrower I was following in a group spanning 8th to 10th after prelims (9th was the actual place) and either 5th or 6th after finals (5th was the actual place). That gave me something to do in between throws since running events had not begun yet.

Last year, the weight throw display was in use, but at one point, it switched to displaying girls shot put results for several minutes. That was even more annoying.

1991 Vermeer Classic - 16 February

That was a small, but nice track. Fast, but small. Long jump was on the back stretch. Old wooden seating like old gyms used to have (folded up against the wall). I still have VHS from a couple meets there back in the early 90s.
That is awesome. Year before I ran there but saw names of many old teammates I had not thought about in a really long time.

I'm working on an updated compilation of current facilities that is more in depth in detail. To be published for the 2021 indoor season.